Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 153,138 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Out of all the trailers and released footage so far, how much of the movie is still completely in the dark?

K. Zarkon

K. Zarkon

Quote from: SyntaX on May 04, 2017, 02:43:28 PM
Quote from: Xeno_from_Belgium on May 04, 2017, 02:36:37 PM
A question about the direction, the photography: it is even more beautiful visually? Did you see it on Imax or in the cinema?

Regular version.
It's a gorgeous movie. To me, it felt bigger when comparing it to Prometheus.

2 questions if you can?

1) Where would you place it in terms of favorite to least?
2) Is there alot that we haven't seen from the trailers/tv spots?

Molecules

Molecules

How does A:C fare in terms of run time and pacing?

I'm thinking of seeing Prometheus on release and it feeling rushed and compromised in many aspects (worsened by hanging out on here in the months preceding release)

Xenorgue

Xenorgue

SyntaX, please, can you tell me in PM or on this topic if the film mention or allusion to the queen alien? Shaw has a link with xenomorph? Does the film explain the link between neomorph and xenomorph?

It's a torture, relieved me a little

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: Bworko on May 04, 2017, 04:48:36 PM
SyntaX, please, can you tell me in PM or on this topic if the film mention or allusion to the queen alien? Shaw has a link with xenomorph? Does the film explain the link between neomorph and xenomorph?

Awe come on, suffer with the rest of us. At least you only got another week and not 2 weeks like here in the states!

Xenorgue

Xenorgue

Quote from: cucuchu on May 04, 2017, 04:54:48 PM
Quote from: Bworko on May 04, 2017, 04:48:36 PM

Awe come on, suffer with the rest of us. At least you only got another week and not 2 weeks like here in the states!

Ah ah you're right but it's a torture! Luckily I will be able to see the film in premiere on May 9! My cinema offers Prometheus + Alien covenant! ;)

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

I wonder who else has seen it  :P

Infected

Infected

So we can assume they moving into conmercial roads with this, no other jockeys, just simple movie making.
Thats all i needed to know, so i wont be dissapointed with the non Giger stuff.

MofoFury

MofoFury

Long long time lurker first time posting, hey everyone !!

With regards to where the eggs come from:-
Spoiler
My guts are telling me, the spore sacks or whatever they are, that get stepped on and release the spores for the neomorphs, ultimately become the eggs, maybe David manipulates them a bit more
[close]

Just a wild hunch :)

Clowndog

Clowndog

I'm going for David harvesting the eggs from Shaw's ovaries and black gooing them into the facehugger egg we know.

Stanley

Stanley

One thing I have wondered about since the original movie...is why the eggs are so LARGE.

Compared to the size of the face hugger.

And also the mist / light in Alien that responds when broken. 

chris_bert

chris_bert

Also would be interested to find out:

Spoiler
How does the Juggernaught that David and Shaw are in that docks with the Scorpionaught before delivering its payload end up crashing on the planet?
[close]

Citadel

Citadel

Quote from: Stanley on May 04, 2017, 06:46:54 PM
The effects were thrown in last minute regarding the mist. Just something pretty for Ridley to show off, I reckon. ;)

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: Citadel on May 04, 2017, 07:22:40 PM
The effects were thrown in last minute regarding the mist. Just something pretty for Ridley to show off, I reckon. ;)

Correct.  Turns out a band was recording a music video in the same studio backlot as Alien.  I believe it was "The Who".... this is brought up in the Starbeast documentary on the Quadrilogy/Bluray sets.

Citadel

Citadel

Quote from: oberonqa on May 04, 2017, 07:41:20 PM
Quote from: Citadel on May 04, 2017, 07:22:40 PM

Correct.  Turns out a band was recording a music video in the same studio backlot as Alien.  I believe it was "The Who".... this is brought up in the Starbeast documentary on the Quadrilogy/Bluray sets.
Yeah, thought so. I doubt we'll be seeing that again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed