10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings

Started by iain, Apr 27, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Author
10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings (Read 38,332 times)

cliffhanger

lol @ all the haters.

here, have a glass of milk

jeesh. cgi bad? that was exactly what didnt set me off at all. I expected it to be more brutal to be honest, really that's all that's the thing, but i think it's cinematographically well executed, so no real complaints. Would i wanted to see the backburster guy laying head down on the table, grabbing onto anything out of sheer pain, and slowly and violently seeing the neomorph break out of his back, literally seeing his spine and ribs crack open, including the sound of splintering bone and sounds of dispair - not yelling - and then the loss of life. The mouthbursting scene was spot on. I don't think there's anyhting to comment there but that the neo simply takes off rather fast and doesnt bite or attack the bystanders whilst escaping, but i'msure 2 minutes later, they will.

as for the 10 minutes, it's 2 scenes. 1 of the dropship, which is okay, not all that special to be honest, i dont feel enriched seeing it or at a loss that i have seen it before the actual movie. The second scene is when the crewmembers are infected with the spores and the alien parasites start developing into birthing. there's some stuff going on but it's not overly fast-paced and it feels like it's going relatively fast but in a realistic manner.

did it remind me of the fifield scene? yes. is it bad? not at all, far , far from it.

but bad CGI is the last of critisism i could think of.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 28, 2017, 10:29:46 AM
lol @ all the haters.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b3/69/f2/b369f225b4cfd38bc1814a8787928582.jpg

jeesh. cgi bad? that was exactly what didnt set me off at all. I expected it to be more brutal to be honest, really that's all that's the thing, but i think it's cinematographically well executed, so no real complaints. Would i wanted to see the backburster guy laying head down on the table, grabbing onto anything out of sheer pain, and slowly and violently seeing the neomorph break out of his back, literally seeing his spine and ribs crack open, including the sound of splintering bone and sounds of dispair - not yelling - and then the loss of life. The mouthbursting scene was spot on. I don't think there's anyhting to comment there but that the neo simply takes off rather fast and doesnt bite or attack the bystanders whilst escaping, but i'msure 2 minutes later, they will.

as for the 10 minutes, it's 2 scenes. 1 of the dropship, which is okay, not all that special to be honest, i dont feel enriched seeing it or at a loss that i have seen it before the actual movie. The second scene is when the crewmembers are infected with the spores and the alien parasites start developing into birthing. there's some stuff going on but it's not overly fast-paced and it feels like it's going relatively fast but in a realistic manner.

did it remind me of the fifield scene? yes. is it bad? not at all, far , far from it.

Tell it like it is. 8)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 01:18:05 AM
You have no business calling yourself an Alien fan if your heart rate doesn't increase after viewing this.

I hate nonsense such as this.  Don't be such a fanboy.  Personally I liked what I saw in this 10 minute clip but to say that anybody who doesn't agree with you isn't a fan is preposterous, condescending and elitist.

Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 01:18:05 AMI could care less if the neomorphs are CG at this point...

The phrase you're looking for is 'I couldn't care less'.  Take it away, Mr. Cleese...

cucuchu

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 28, 2017, 10:29:46 AM
lol @ all the haters.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b3/69/f2/b369f225b4cfd38bc1814a8787928582.jpg

Yes, after rewatching it (once in Theatre and a couple times with the download), I have to say the only area the CGI looked off was the short bit after
Spoiler
it slides out of the embryonic sac and is standing up getting ready to try to attack her
[close]
. Otherwise its pretty solid and I am sure better now after some touch up since then.

Per the back burster, yeah, I think a lot of us have had our imaginations on overdrive thinking of what it would be like. He did seem to be in pretty bad pain and hard to grab onto anything though, and I would assume at that point if the neomorph inside had poppes his spine (we heard cracks and snaps), he probably lost control of his body. Also I think myself and others might be slightly incorrect calling it a back burster, since (as seen with other neo birth) it seems that it gestates in a host and the embryotic sac with the neo just forces itself outside the host any way possible. Hell, if any other people get infected with the spores we could even have ass bursters for all we know

shawsbaby

Quote from: Bonus Situation on Apr 28, 2017, 10:10:12 AM
Whilst I'm still refusing to watch, there sounds like a lot for 10 mins? Is this a continuous 10 minute sequence or pieced together scenes from different points in the film?

I.e. Dropship, backburster, neomorph attacks etc.

This particular footage/scene is actually less than that - the first clip is on the ship with the crew for maybe 2 minutes, then the second clip where everything else goes down is about 8 minutes. Didn't feel rushed, though. Intense and chaotic, but not too fast.

oberonqa

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 28, 2017, 10:46:28 AM
Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 01:18:05 AM
You have no business calling yourself an Alien fan if your heart rate doesn't increase after viewing this.

I hate nonsense such as this.  Don't be such a fanboy.  Personally I liked what I saw in this 10 minute clip but to say that anybody who doesn't agree with you isn't a fan is preposterous, condescending and elitist.

Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 01:18:05 AMI could care less if the neomorphs are CG at this point...

The phrase you're looking for is 'I couldn't care less'.  Take it away, Mr. Cleese...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUsPnKD1gk

Thank you for correcting my poor grammar in that instance.  Your a peach.  =)

Ulfer

I'm a bit sceptic about all this "bad CGI craze", which I see on this forum and on a Star Wars forum too.
Nowadays movies with gigantic budgets tend to have, thanks to the technological advancements, very good CGI in my opinion in most cases : I mean that even though someone watching a movie 20 years from now will maybe say that the effects could be improved through the more advanced means of his time, that person will still say the effects are still very good.
I'd say it's a difference between the movies of the 2000 decade and nowadays.

Darth Vile

I thought the visual effects were very good... and it terms of scare factor, those scenes were up there with the best of the Alien films so far.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 11:19:18 AM

It's not really a case of poor grammar.  It's more a case of not considering the words which you're using to construct a phrase, to the point where the bastardised phrase you use has the exact opposite intention of what it is you're attempting to communicate. An awful lot of Americans wrongly say "I could care less" when what they're actually trying to do is emphasise how they don't care one iota for something and like Mr. Cleese, I try to put an end to it whenever I happen across it.

Oh and you're perfectly welcome.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. A. Peach

oberonqa

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 28, 2017, 01:05:16 PM
Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 11:19:18 AM

It's not really a case of poor grammar.  It's more a case of not considering the words which you're using to construct a phrase, to the point where the bastardised phrase you use has the exact opposite intention of what it is you're attempting to communicate. An awful lot of Americans wrongly say "I could care less" when what they're actually trying to do is emphasise how they don't care one iota for something and like Mr. Cleese, I try to put an end to it whenever I happen across it.

Oh and you're perfectly welcome.

Yours sincerely,
Mr. A. Peach

Ok... now your just being a condescending prick about it.  I thanked you for pointing out my error and rather than moving on, you go back for a second helping.

echobbase79

Quote from: Darth Vile on Apr 28, 2017, 12:20:59 PM
I thought the visual effects were very good... and it terms of scare factor, those scenes were up there with the best of the Alien films so far.

This is what I'm very happy about. I haven't found the Aliens to be intimidating since Aliens. Alien 3 did give the beast it's moments of grace, but the movie wasn't scary at all.

Denton Smalls

After waiting 5 years after Prometheus and with 3 weeks to go are you people actually going to spoil it for yourselves by watching some leak?

Evanus

Yeah, that's not very smart. Wait until you can see it on the big screen, please! Much better than this crappy recording.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 01:32:19 PMOk... now your just being a condescending prick about it.  I thanked you for pointing out my error and rather than moving on, you go back for a second helping.

Actually, I thought that you were being a little unnecessarily snide by calling me a peach with purposefully bad grammar but I accept that I may have interpreted that comment in the wrong way.  Either way, my second post on the matter wasn't intended as being condescending; I was merely elaborating on the nature of why you'd used the phrase in the wrong way, given that you'd stated it as being noting more than "bad grammar", which wasn't entirely true.  I'm sorry that you took it as condescending.  I can only speak for myself but I'm always glad to have errors in my use of the English language pointed out to me.  How else is one to learn?

Having said that, I must say that I consider calling me a "prick" to be uncalled for.  Still, back on topic...

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 28, 2017, 02:20:30 PMAfter waiting 5 years after Prometheus and with 3 weeks to go are you people actually going to spoil it for yourselves by watching some leak?

Personally I'm extemerely wary as to whether 'Alien: Covenant' will be any good after the disappointment of 'Prometheus', so I'm watching any and all spoilers in the interest of getting a better idea of whether I'll bother going to the cinema to watch this film or not.  I'm certainly not going to pay good money for a ticket simply because I'm a fan of the series in general.

Citadel

You'll all be kicking yourselves for watching a terrible cam video of this instead of enjoying it in the cinema. Completely different experiences.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed