Alien Day Sneak Peeks

Started by Jacku, Apr 27, 2017, 02:17:03 PM

Author
Alien Day Sneak Peeks (Read 1,761 times)

Jacku

Jacku

Not sure if this has it's own thread already.

Who else saw the two Alien Covenant scenes that came after the Alien Day screenings yesterday? I was at an Odeon in the UK. Not sure where else showed them. Cineworld probably did. It was cool seeing scenes from the film uncut and playing out properly.

The first one was a nice tease:
Spoiler
I liked the Alien-esque music that played as the ship flew by and the spires sticking out it really reminded me of the Nostromo design. Also liking the crews banter more than Prometheus.
[close]

The second showed a lot more than I was expecting.
Spoiler
The scene was crazy and those backbursters are mental. A lot of this was in the trailer but certain things got spoiled here for me like how it all went down and certain character deaths. Still I'm really excited to see the film on the 11th!
[close]

Citadel

Citadel

Yep, saw them at Odeon and discussed them in other threads. Intense scenes.

A lot of people walked out once the neomorph sequence started, obviously wanting to wait until the film. I was tempted to leave, but thought f**k it. I'm glad I stayed, it's made me even more excited. This is the Alien film I was needing after Prometheus. I'm probably more excited about the Engineer city, though.

CainsSon

CainsSon

We saw them in the US with ALIEN, and they tagged on the PROLOGUE with Shaw. It was cool to see the Star Map again on such a large RPX screen.

Spoiler
I dug the Neomorphs. They had that combination of sick and cute that Ive never seen in an Alien film before. The Bursting scene was really intense and my friend was saying the same. That it just seemed really anxiety filled. Which is something these films have been missing for sure.

The drop ship scene was more about the crew and showed off their banter. I felt this scene was a bit to much of a call-back to Aliens. It was more than forgivable but when I watched it I was just thinking the point of it was: See, we have people cursing and f*kin with each other again, like in Aliens!

I dunno if everyone got to see the MOUTHBURSTER in these scenes, in the past. I could have sworn that the previous reports had stated the scene ended just AS the mouthburster was about to erupt. We got to see it erupt and run away. One thing I liked is that the Neomorphs are born in an AMNIOTIC sack. This made the Mouthburtser especially, look like a worm coming out of the character's mouth.
[close]

flacerda

flacerda

Saw them in Helsinki at Tennispalatsi theater after they screened Alien. I wasnt expecting them to show those scenes, but as soon as I see Ridley's video message, I felt like a kid on christmas day. I really liked what I saw. I had read the audience reactions from the conventions but had no idea it was going to be so brutal and graphic! One thing I was always worrying about after reading the descriptions was the editing of the scene, and it is crafted brilliantly. Masterfull editing right there, the scene (with the Neomoprhs) was tense as hell! The effects were also very well done, and excelent seamless combination of practical and CGI. The whole thing felt really Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well I was spot on with guessing what footage they were going to be showing! I dug the footage. Really enjoyed the character interactions. They did feel like family and it worked really well. I thought the tone was pretty good throughout.

Only thing I wasn't keen on was the effects work on the Neomorphs. Very unpolished. I'm hoping this is just because this footage is 5 months old and hasn't been updated since.

Darkness

Darkness

I had my reservations about the Neomorphs but after watching the footage, I was pretty damn impressed. Those little critters are so ferocious and it's so much more gorier than Prometheus. I thought the CGI was pretty good too.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2017, 04:04:13 PM
Well I was spot on with guessing what footage they were going to be showing! I dug the footage. Really enjoyed the character interactions. They did feel like family and it worked really well. I thought the tone was pretty good throughout.

Only thing I wasn't keen on was the effects work on the Neomorphs. Very unpolished. I'm hoping this is just because this footage is 5 months old and hasn't been updated since.

I also hope the CGI wasnt complete. It did take me out of it, as you really get to look at them a great deal. This isn't the 'less is more' aesthetic in ALIEN. You really see these little f*cks.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

I've just downloaded, I scrubbed through it but I'm not going to watch it. Saw the drop ship blow up, looks good. It's been put up on Mega if anyone wants it. I'm not going to link it here though. It's on LV426 reddit if anyone wants it.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I thought Oram came across well in these clips. He seems to be geared up for the Dallas/Apone/Clemens role in being a major player that gets bumped off unexpectedly early.

iain

iain

A breakdown of the new footage shown in cinemas > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_wuBNsdt28

"Audiences at Alien Day were shown approximately 10 minutes of new footage from the upcoming Alien Covenant movie.

In this video, I will be provide a full breakdown, a detailed description and comment on a few theories that could point to the direction of the movie!

In the new clip, we see images of the crew aboard the covenant as they approach Paradise. We see Oram in control and the lander disembark from the Covenant with Oram and Faris at the helm as Caliie Hernandez's character, Tennessee and Ricks remain aboard the Covenant.

We see an extended version of the scene where Rigbys character becomes infected and when Faris rushes out to meet him and Karine them as they hurry to Medbay. Faris rushes back to the medbay as the back burster scene begins to unfold.

The scenes where fantastic and show us two Neomorphs. They also add weight to the theory that Shaw becomes infected and spawns a neomorph after she awakes from stasis"

So there are 2 Neomorphs? One burst from the chest and the other from the mouth? Wow!

TWAK

TWAK

The neomorphs looked similar to the OX burster from the special edition of Alien 3, in movement. I saw it on the big screen in the US, and it was my first time seeing the theatrical version of Alien in the theater. I had already seen the directors cut at another movie event.

Clowndog

Clowndog

Quote from: iain on Apr 27, 2017, 08:21:14 PM

The scenes where fantastic and show us two Neomorphs. They also add weight to the theory that Shaw becomes infected and spawns a neomorph after she awakes from stasis"

Well if I was writing the film, from what information we have at the moment, I would kill two birds with one stone. What happened to Shaw, why did the ship crash and why did the people get infected where they did.

The way I would achieve this is by making Shaw get infected by Davids meddling somehow, her realising David is not entirely all there and trying to get away from him by flying the ship, her illness/her not being completely able to fly the ship causing her to crash it, her leaving the crash and dying of whatever near it infecting the local ecosystem with Davids genetic experimentation when she biodegrades.

Though I doubt the film will go in that direction I sort of hope it does.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

As I said, I think the neomorph sequence is the level of body horror and suspense the franchise has lacked for a long time. I feel like Fox got in their way in terms of how softened most of Prometheus was. I was very impressed with the footage and the ensemble. I'm still pretty tepid on the creative direction of the story and future, but the intensity, the horror is there.

Spartan1910

Spartan1910

I saw the scenes off of mega. Loved what I saw. I tried not to watch but after two hours I couldn't resist. I was impressed with the acting from all of the characters. Was really surprised by Danny's performance even though there wasn't much of him. He expressed worry and I was very convinced. So hyped for it now. May 19th can't come any faster.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 27, 2017, 09:26:54 PM
As I said, I think the neomorph sequence is the level of body horror and suspense the franchise has lacked for a long time. I feel like Fox got in their way in terms of how softened most of Prometheus was. I was very impressed with the footage and the ensemble. I'm still pretty tepid on the creative direction of the story and future, but the intensity, the horror is there.

Did you manage to go to an Alien Day screening?

I echo everyone else's positivity, the Neomorph scene was just on another level. Every second was dripping with tension and palpable energy.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2017, 04:04:13 PM

That's what I said to my mate. I believe the final product should be more polished, judging by the continuous improvement of the CGI throughout TV spots.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed