Will Weyland Corp get mention on PREDATOR 2018 movies ?

Started by gantarat, Apr 26, 2017, 12:42:37 PM

Author
Will Weyland Corp get mention on PREDATOR 2018 movies ? (Read 2,434 times)

Cereal Killer

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 26, 2017, 07:57:49 PM
Quote from: Cereal Killer on Apr 26, 2017, 07:54:21 PM
Quote from: Master on Apr 26, 2017, 07:34:30 PM
I'm still waiting for really well done AvP. Have few ideas of my own, as everyone,  and still waiting for the day!
id rather have there own films. They had two chances and blew it. It's one of those films you can't keep fans happy. Saying predator died to easy then aliens died easy. But that's me haha if they did am sure if watch it being a predator fan.

Wake me up when they take the AVP movies seriously.
don't think I'll be waking you up mate.

Master

I learned to like first one. It's very medicore film, compared to outstanding originals, that's why it feels so bad, but it have strong points. AvP-R is a different story all together.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I liked the AVP movies we've gotten, and I'm in the minority when I say that... Can we expect any Alien references in Shane's movie?

No.. AVP is dead.

echobbase79

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 27, 2017, 12:08:40 AM
I liked the AVP movies we've gotten, and I'm in the minority when I say that... Can we expect any Alien references in Shane's movie?

No.. AVP is dead.

Me too. Yes, but AvP is dead.

gantarat

i don't think fox will let AvP stay on eu.

Kurai

Saying AvP is dead is foolish. If the EU becomes popular enough and the idea becomes potentially profitable and/or a director who likes the concept takes it on as a pet project then it will get made, and the chances of that are higher than most franchises. Will it be good, who knows?

Will there be a reference to the Alien franchise in the Predator? I highly doubt it. Fox seems to like the idea, it's their longest running crossover series I think, though I may be wrong. It depends really on how tightly the reins are in Shane Black's hands. There very well may be some background detail that has no effect on the plot whatsoever, but again I doubt it.

That said, everything I've read about the movie so far sounds like a bad joke so anything goes I guess. :(

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 26, 2017, 03:48:48 PM
Quote from: gantarat on Apr 26, 2017, 02:14:23 PM...Scott hate the crossover concept he would not let fox do fire and stone comics which pretty much its canon...
I'm no comic expert but I'm pretty sure the film universes don't have to be shackled by the myriads of ideas in comics. If that were the case we would be seeing a female Thor and Old Man Logan would have fought a redneck Hulk, Predator would have fought Batman, Terminator vs Robocop, etc.

Comics and film storylines are two completely different entities.

I never read Fire and Stone but if I did I would acknowledge them as a completely different universe using the trademarked characters.

Don't forget to mention a inbred, cannibal, redneck Hulk...🤢

Local Trouble

AvP just needs its own universe, like Earth-7642.

SM

I remember Black mentioning that his film would pre-date Predators which I dated in December 2008.  The Prometheus version of Weyland Corp isn't formed until 2012.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: SM on Apr 28, 2017, 11:44:07 AM
I remember Black mentioning that his film would pre-date Predators which I dated in December 2008.  The Prometheus version of Weyland Corp isn't formed until 2012.

He actually stated this film will take place in 2018 and also stated RR's Predators took place in the future in his eyes. Possibly because of the space travel time it took in getting the main characters to the game preserve planet. Another possibility is that he doesn't care for Predators but doesn't want to alienate fans who did. Personally, I don't think it really matters when Predators takes place. There's a quick 1 minute interview on this youtube channel called "HeyUGuys" where he explains his movie in relation to Predators and P2. I'd post the link but don't wanna take up the space in the thread haha

Still though, they should keep Weyland and Alien lore out of this. Predator needs to do its own thing.

SM

2018 makes more sense.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SM on Apr 28, 2017, 11:44:07 AM

He thinks Predators takes place in the future. Wouldn't put too much stock into that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed