Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role

Started by Anthony, Mar 17, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

Author
Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role (Read 41,007 times)

Marcus9000

Quote from: LV-624 on Mar 17, 2017, 04:34:08 PM
I fear that there is still no definitive plan for the prequels, 5 years after the release of Prometheus.
At some point FOX will plug the plug, and we'll be left with an uncompleted connection to the original series.
Prometheus followed by Alien: Covenant, Alien: Covenant 2 and Alien: Covenant 3 is more than enough.
5, 6 prequel films are just ridiculous.
Ridley and FOX need to come up with a complete plan of where the series is heading, and stick to the Alien: Covenant prequel trilogy that has been mentioned before. Anymore films after that would be overkill.

I agree quite a lot of prequels could be overkill.

The only thing I can think of is that the Xeno was obviously well known to WY in Akien... So maybe there were several failed incidents for the prequels to show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

windebieste

Bring it!  Bring it all teh neu 'ALIEN' movies!

I'm tired of the lollywater Marvel annual bollocks.  I want MEAT ON THEM BONES.  Real meat, being sheared off with brute force of ALIEN TERROR! 

AT LEAST ONCE EACH YEAR!

BRING IT!!1!!!!one!

-Windebieste.

OpenMaw

I'm a sucker for sweets, but... Fuggin' 'ell That's a lot of sugar.

Anthony

I think of the amount of sequels Scott is planning the same way I think of the Avatar sequels. If the story is big enough to justify the large amount, then I'm okay with it.

windebieste

Scott has been known to say it's 'epic'.  So, maybe he's on the right path with multiple movies. 

-Windebieste.

oduodu

Could the awakening be the name of a ship? What kind of a ship? A new are of exploration ? New ftl tech?

Scott changes his mind pretty quickly. Let's see if Covvie does well.

Ribbley

Still wouldn't mind the Blomkamp Alien film as well, but Sir Ridley, please make as many as you want! :D

Space Invader

If Awakening is a prequel to Covenant, then they should've worked on that first before moving on to Covenant?

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: oduodu on Mar 18, 2017, 12:26:08 AM
Scott changes his mind pretty quickly.

Understatement of the year.

Also, I just remembered about the prequel novel ADF is writing. So I think it's safe to say Awakening is AFTER Covenant.

whiterabbit

When I hear of Awakening I think of Xenomorphs with ligthsabers!

NickisSmart

My thoughts on Awakening and the future of the series. :)

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 17, 2017, 09:13:17 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 17, 2017, 07:17:41 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 17, 2017, 05:15:48 PM
I would imagine that the "Awakening" might refer to all those colonists currently in cryo aboard the Covenant that will be thawed and awakened once they reach their original, intended destination.
People waking in cryo happens in all of the movies, so it will likely have a 'double entendre' like Prometheus and Covenant.

Spoiler
The Alien embryos that David (formerly Walter) stashed with the frozen human embryos would also be "awakened" on arrival, so the title could apply to the "awakening" of both species. More figuratively it could also mean that a formerly dormant, ancient species (the Alien) has now been resurrected.
[close]

That's what I was thinking. But we shouldn't discount the OTHERS. Engineers and whatever else they may be eluding to - as what also may 'AWAKEN.'

Necronomicon II

Could refer to multiple things, I'm hoping it refers to the awakening of a higher being or beings as well, only time will tell!

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 17, 2017, 10:35:24 PM
Are you for real? He wasn't just a cog. He was essential part of the machine next to O'Bannonr/Shusett, Giller/Hill and Giger. He actually convinced studio to use Giger's work . Studio didn't like it but Scott insisted. He and O'Bannon perceived its potential.
If there were equally essential people then yes, he was a cog in a machine. A machine of very talented, creative cogs. For example, Scott might've convinced them to go with Giger, but it was O'Bannon who convinced Scott to begin with. The creativity of the Alien itself was from O'Bannon, Shussett, Cobb and Giger. Scott's major contributions were "tall thin person in the suit", "graceful movements" and "take off the eyes". Great touches, but icing on a cake built by a lot of other chefs.

Scott was less the creator of Alien than, say, Cameron was the creator of The Terminator. Scott was one of a group of people coming together at the right time to make a great film, but he was never the creative driving force behind the whole thing.

NickisSmart

Quote from: SiL on Mar 18, 2017, 05:28:51 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 17, 2017, 10:35:24 PM
Are you for real? He wasn't just a cog. He was essential part of the machine next to O'Bannonr/Shusett, Giller/Hill and Giger. He actually convinced studio to use Giger's work . Studio didn't like it but Scott insisted. He and O'Bannon perceived its potential.
If there were equally essential people then yes, he was a cog in a machine. A machine of very talented, creative cogs. For example, Scott might've convinced them to go with Giger, but it was O'Bannon who convinced Scott to begin with. The creativity of the Alien itself was from O'Bannon, Shussett, Cobb and Giger. Scott's major contributions were "tall thin person in the suit", "graceful movements" and "take off the eyes". Great touches, but icing on a cake built by a lot of other chefs.

Scott was less the creator of Alien than, say, Cameron was the creator of The Terminator. Scott was one of a group of people coming together at the right time to make a great film, but he was never the creative driving force behind the whole thing.

Well, he was certainly a major part of that force, but being director doth have its little privileges, no? And Cameron ripped off Harlan Ellison. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed