Will we find out why they chose this planet? [trailer 2 spoilers]

Started by episodenone, Mar 02, 2017, 10:26:41 PM

Author
Will we find out why they chose this planet? [trailer 2 spoilers] (Read 665 times)

episodenone

They seem utterly shocked that there is "earthlike" vegetation such as wheat. 
They seem to be completely caught off guard that there seems to be no "wildlife"

How could an expedition of this kind go to a planet this far away and be so completely in the dark about what to expect?

Given the amount of pre-planning done in general in the real world for anything comparable -- I'm dying to know why they chose a planet on the other side of the universe that the Prometheus mission had to do archaeological research on with Weyland relying on 2 outside scientists to map it for him in order to get to LV-223

But the Covenant bee lines it straight for the planet it takes Shaw and David using the Engineer tech / mapping to find --- and doesn't do any homework as to what conditions they can expect?

I find that impossible to leave unexplained.   It can't be the homeworld of the Engineers -- they must be saving that for the third part of the trilogy.

Am I totally off base?

Marcus9000

Think they get redirected to Paradise... So it isn't their intended destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

acrediblesource

Did anyone notice the size of those wheat grains he was holding? I think they will be an alien genus of wheat.

Whos_Nick

It's already been said that the Covenant is responding to a beacon... Paradise isn't their original destination.

episodenone

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Mar 03, 2017, 01:17:37 AM
It's already been said that the Covenant is responding to a beacon... Paradise isn't their original destination.

Ah -- OK.  Well that is a nice callback to the original Alien film -- and I can live with that.

episodenone

This initial post didn't have any legs -- maybe this question will?

Was what the Engineer said in Prometheus ever translated?  Will there be forced subtitles if the Engineer's speak again?  Will David translate if their is conversation?

Generally, sooner or later -- we get either enough context or comical / literal translation from other characters where subtitles don't exist -- what do you guys think?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed