Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 91,909 times)

Walter

You can see clearly Xeno on bottom of ship

dlb

dlb

I hate and love the trailer at the same time, but I guess they showed us way too much as well. The xeno in broad daylight is something I actually never wanted to see in an Alien movie. It has to lurk in the shadows and get you fast. But I do indeed get a nice Cape Fear vibe from the few shots we have seen and the creature looks and acts fairly furious and somewhat indestructible.

the neomorph appears to be indeed the same or at least very similar to that rendering we saw earlier in february and which was believed to be fan art. I'm okay with that, yet it probably won't be a favorite creature of mine.

could that person on the table in David's lab be Cudrup? We see him with a white longsleeve and a darker trouser in the trailer. Don't think it is Shaw and definitely too small for an engineer. And why would an Engineer wear a shirt? that hole is pretty big though.

I also like that David has apparently painted on cloth rather than paper, but what I really want to know is what is happening in that scene? it seems there are two people underneath the Alien fighting? I doubt it's David and Walter.

But after all of this paradise and colonization talk I am asking myself, where is the Covenant heading to in the first place? do we know this and why would you endanger a mission like this, with so many lives at stake to visit a completely unkown planet? you wouldn't try to save a burning house you came by with your family but call for professional emergeny.

Kronnang_Dunn

The neomorph attacking the crew in the wheat field... is the one shot at the exploding ship or is part of a bunch of neomorphs coming from the citadel attracted by the noise? http://www.scified.com/media/neomorph-attack-64265.jpg  ???

dlb

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 01, 2017, 10:00:22 AM
I thought the trailer was pretty good. I just wish they didn't show the Xenomorph so clearly. Makes it much less scary.

I also don't like that the dogtag belongs to Shaw. She didn't have one in Prometheus. Why didn't they just use her cross?  :-\

remember the green crystal from Prometheus? Maybe they will change it or a later fan-edit has the patience to do this. And I am sure this community has enough genius crazies up for the task! :)

Semaka

Semaka

I don't know if anyone noticed, but when the cloacked figure fires that shot in the air, you can see an alien egg in the right side of the image. So, is that guy baiting them to come to the alien egg?

dave1978

WOW,   that trailer is incredible.   One thing i noticed at 1:37,  whats in the ceiling of the corridor behind the screaming running woman?  there is deffo something there.

dlb

Quote from: Semaka on Mar 01, 2017, 10:10:53 AM
I don't know if anyone noticed, but when the cloacked figure fires that shot in the air, you can see an alien egg in the right side of the image. So, is that guy baiting them to come to the alien egg?

that's just a bush I'm afraid and probably Walter scaring the Neomroph away.

Quote from: dave1978 on Mar 01, 2017, 10:14:51 AM
WOW,   that trailer is incredible.   One thing i noticed at 1:37,  whats in the ceiling of the corridor behind the screaming running woman?  there is deffo something there.

the backburster Neomorph escaping from the locked room while jumping through the glass.

Walter

I don't know if anyone noticed, but this and leaked Photos are same Room - David's Laboratory

Spoiler

[close]

Enoch

Enoch

Frankenstein confirmed... :D

After all Ridley hinted that there will be some connections with Frankenstein; originally titled Frankenstein The Modern Prometheus

irn

Great trailer but I do think it just basically showed us the final scene with the xenomorph there. Much like the Prometheus trailer showing us the ships crashing.

I'm going to reserve my judgement on the CGI until it's released. It's quite common these days for unfinished/unpolished CGI to be in the trailers and then a far better final product be in the released film.

Regardless, it has got me excited as hell!

Gorilla from Manila

Gorilla from Manila

Starting a rumor. That snarl at 1:53 sounds familiar :D

joking aside: I think the xeno is missing the famous biomechanical vibe. It's looks a bit too muscular in my opinion. But maybe that's just due to the fact that it is the "first iteration".

Hemi

Great trailer. Such merciless ferocity... I love it. To quote our late Hudson:

"One express elevator to hell, going down!"

juxtapose

juxtapose

crap i cannot download or watch the new trailer right now. .maybe later today or tomorrow. .it sounds very promising tho based on the responce from most people in the community. .not worried about cgi. .as long as it does'nt look like a guy in a suit then i am sold. . .

Infected

Quote from: dlb on Mar 01, 2017, 10:17:25 AM
Quote from: Semaka on Mar 01, 2017, 10:10:53 AM

that's just a bush I'm afraid and probably Walter scaring the Neomroph away.

Quote from: dave1978 on Mar 01, 2017, 10:14:51 AM

the backburster Neomorph escaping from the locked room while jumping through the glass.
I still think that is David and not Walter.

Enoch

That is not an Engineer....
Maybe it is Shaw, maybe someone from the crew...
I dont know ??? :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed