Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 91,443 times)

Le Celticant

Quote from: Anthony on Feb 28, 2017, 11:25:17 PM
I think I heard "David" shouted when Daniels found the tag.

And I could be hearing things, but it sounded like Shaw's voice.

I'm pretty sure it says "take it".

Ultramorph

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 28, 2017, 11:26:02 PM
Alien in the red corridor is EPIC.

Couldn't agree more!

Loving the Neomorphs so far. Definitely seem like the natural evolution of the Deacon.

acrediblesource

I have to say the resemblance to ressurections' xenos are remarkable but much more realistic.. I may be an ass for saying, yeah there is nothing we haven't seen in terms of xenos but hell that dragging Daniels hanging by a rope was breath taking so much so that Ill walk in mindlessly into the theater for it. :) BRAVO!

nanison

Why are all of you going crazy?

I don't like that we see the alien stalk it's prey. To make tension it should be the other way round. It should focus on the character being stalked without the audience knowing where the creature might or might not pop out.
What we see is not horror but action. Sure it looks fun but not intense to me...

426Buddy

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 28, 2017, 11:18:20 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 28, 2017, 11:12:12 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 28, 2017, 11:04:56 PM
I don't like it, beside the color grading which I find fantastic.
It sounds like a remake of Alien and Prometheus. Already the third film telling the same story again. What a waste.

Wait, are you saying that prometheus was like a remake of alien and that this looks like a remake of both?

Well yeah and Nah.
Prometheus was really a remake of AVP, not Alien.
But it shares exactly the same narrative motivation ie:
-People intercept a message (signal on a planet, a cave painting, a heat detection blablabla).
-Decides to investigates with promise of great things (money or origin of mankind).
-They find desolates places and learn how wrong they were to come here.

Alien Plot.
AvP Plot.
Prometheus Plot.
Alien Covenant Plot.

I can understand for AVP cos it's a cheap adaptation from a video game director so the fact he copy/pastes Alien and adds his own elements (origin of mankind, ancient astronaut theories blabla) I get it.
But Prometheus...
And now Alien covenant  ::)

I can't be fooled infinitely you know.

I can see that criticism.

Unfortunately I'm a sucker for these kinds of films, as long as it can be done in a way that feels fresh, interesting, and new I'll love it. If they succeed you get an alien and If not then you get avp again. If you're Riddles it'll most likely fall somewhere in between like Prometheus.

salomonj

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 28, 2017, 11:26:02 PM
Alien in the red corridor is EPIC.
Indeed, it looks crazy fast. Wouldn't want to have that chasing behind me.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 28, 2017, 11:27:14 PM
Quote from: Anthony on Feb 28, 2017, 11:25:17 PM
I think I heard "David" shouted when Daniels found the tag.

And I could be hearing things, but it sounded like Shaw's voice.

I'm pretty sure it says "take it".

It does the more I listen to it.

Trailer should be officially up by 6 AM-7 AM PST time, based on Fox's history of releasing trailers.

Whos_Nick

Anyone have a link? Didn't catch it

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 28, 2017, 11:35:29 PM
Anyone have a link? Didn't catch it

I'll PM you.

PsyKore

Damn, I missed it. :( Someone hook me up please. ;D

hfeldhaus

Quote from: nanison on Feb 28, 2017, 11:33:34 PM
Why are all of you going crazy?

I don't like that we see the alien stalk it's prey. To make tension it should be the other way round. It should focus on the character being stalked without the audience knowing where the creature might or might not pop out.
What we see is not horror but action. Sure it looks fun but not intense to me...

So you essentially mean jump scares. A character walking down a corridor and we're all just waiting for something to jump out?

salomonj

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 28, 2017, 11:36:12 PM
Damn, I missed it. :( Someone hook me up please. ;D
I messaged you the link.

Beardomorph

Quote from: shawsbaby on Feb 28, 2017, 11:23:12 PM
Do they have her name on them? Did I miss that?

Not sure why they wouldn't just put her cross on the tree instead...

I agree that her cross on the tree would probably have been more obvious, and would have meant more ( but maybe that means she's still alive somewhere  ;D ).

You can definitely see DR E SHAW written on the tag. Besides, it's the Weyland symbol instead of the Weyland-Yutani one.

Loved the trailer. I just hope that the CGI is still being worked on and relatively unfinished at this stage... a couple of shots were a bit disappointing in that regard.

shawsbaby

Quote from: Beardomorph on Feb 28, 2017, 11:40:35 PM
Quote from: shawsbaby on Feb 28, 2017, 11:23:12 PM
Do they have her name on them? Did I miss that?

Not sure why they wouldn't just put her cross on the tree instead...

I agree that her cross on the tree would probably have been more obvious, and would have meant more ( but maybe that means she's still alive somewhere  ;D ).

You can definitely see DR E SHAW written on the tag. Besides, it's the Weyland symbol instead of the Weyland-Yutani one.

Loved the trailer. I just hope that the CGI is still being worked on and relatively unfinished at this stage... a couple of shots were a bit disappointing in that regard.

I'm sure they are. I remember some Prometheus shots looking rough in the trailers but the final product being as close to perfect as you can get.

Enoch

That could mean that she is alive...
She didnt want to lose that cross...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed