What the story should have been about.

Started by predator88, Feb 24, 2017, 06:31:10 AM

Author
What the story should have been about. (Read 1,877 times)

predator88

I agree that a new movie shouldn't be about some military unit getting picked one by one like in the original.We have already seen it so no need to rehash.(Predators duh)

What IMO should have been the plot is having a rogue Bad Blood predator who has no honor and has killed other predators arrives on  Earth(or maybe crashes accidentally after being banished from his home planet and goes on a killing spree).Literally no one is safe from this guy.He will kill you unarmed or if you're a woman or a child.That's when a Tracker predator goes in pursuit to kill the Rogue because he has disgraced himself and is killing unworthy prey.

There are many elements that can be picked from the 1994's Predator:Bad Blood comic which for me is one of the best ever.We would finally see a proper predator vs predator fight without any without any ridiculous super/upgraded specimens but just two classic preds unloading on each other.

Shame instead Dekker the hack cooked up a story with a Genetically enhanced predator sucking human DNA or autistic kids cracking predator language.It could have been a great third movie.

Nihil

Predator bad blood was a seriously awesome comic. They could have adapted it word for word to the big screen and it would be a hit. I am not excited in the least about what I've heard so far. If the leaked plot is true I might walk out of the theater.

Kerrod33

Nothing has been confirmed that this leak is true, stop jumping the shark.

And even if it is true, it still sounds good enough to crack a tinnie too on a Friday arvo

overthere

Quote from: Kerrod33 on Feb 24, 2017, 06:48:45 AM
Nothing has been confirmed that this leak is true, stop jumping the shark.

And even if it is true, it still sounds good enough to crack a tinnie too on a Friday arvo

Exactly.

Nyarlathotep

That sounds infinitely better than what it appears we'll end up ultimately getting. It's just such a shame that there will probably never be another good Predator film, but what can one do.

Russ840

Russ840

I think calling Decker a Hack is harsh. No need for that.

I need to re read Bad Blood

predator88

predator88

Quote from: Nihil on Feb 24, 2017, 06:39:03 AM
Predator bad blood was a seriously awesome comic. They could have adapted it word for word to the big screen and it would be a hit. I am not excited in the least about what I've heard so far. If the leaked plot is true I might walk out of the theater.
Absolutely and its gory as shit! Other classics are Concrete Jungle,Cold War,Big Game and Dark River.

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 24, 2017, 06:55:45 AM
That sounds infinitely better than what it appears we'll end up ultimately getting. It's just such a shame that there will probably never be another good Predator film, but what can one do.
Sad part is we can do nothing.

Russ840

I just re read Bad Blood. I'd say prob the best stand alone predator comic to be honest.

I actually see a lot of simarlarities between Bad Blood and this leaked script breakdown we have seen.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 24, 2017, 07:29:52 AM

Reality is harsh.

Russ840

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 24, 2017, 08:07:43 PM

Reality is harsh.

What makes him a hack then ?

Samhain13

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 24, 2017, 08:48:17 PM

Reality is harsh.

Hack = a person who is a professional at doing some sort of service, but does crappy work.

Come on... the current plot sound pretty stupid, there are members here who could do his work better.

slipknotpredator

A movie like "Sicario" with a bad blood and a classic Predator in the middle.

Russ840

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 24, 2017, 11:15:36 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 24, 2017, 08:48:17 PM

Reality is harsh.

Hack = a person who is a professional at doing some sort of service, but does crappy work.

Come on... the current plot sound pretty stupid, there are members here who could do his work better.

So I still don't see how he he is a hack. The definition state 'does crappy work'. Well we don't know if it a crappy yet. No one has seen the film.

Someone on another thread posted a breakdown of T2 and I one hadn't have already seen the movie, it makes it sound poor. Anything can sound shit on paper. It's in the excecution.

So tell me. I still don't see what make Dekker a hack.

BishopShouldGo

I mean...robocop 3...wasn't his fault

Russ840

Touché lol

Although I would argue that he is not cut out for directing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed