Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 156,978 times)

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 12, 2017, 11:39:13 PM
E.T was friendly that's my point.There are also other similarities.

K

BishopShouldGo

Ebert on the predator in Predator 2: "All he does... is kill!"

He wasn't very impressed, and thankfully we're going to get the predators doing more than that in this movie.

Frankly I think we've all evolved by now to where we want to see them doing other things. You know, I hate AvP, but I've grown to really enjoy the team-up aspect.

Keith

Yeah, just like in the next Friday the 13th sequel I want to see Jason team up with teenagers  ::)

paperhearts

I'm a girl, not a guy by the way.

And I sent the screenshots of the summary to an Admin. 

Also, like I pointed out in my first posts, it was a survey.  It's definitely marketing.  I do alot of them, mostly food, financial services, beauty products, and sometimes I get these fun ones.

I already PMed someone here who asked about the site.  If you want it, PM me.  Maybe you'll get accepted and take the Predator survey too.

There was only one merchandising question in the entire survey.  The rest of the questions were about the storyline, characters (especially Rory), relationships, storyline concepts, rating, director, and my opinions on it, what I liked most, what was most interesting/innovative along with explaining why I felt a certain way. And my answers were mainly negative.  The way it was presented was like it was an upcoming movie that was in the works.  I had no idea they started filming until I came here. They gave no indication it was already filming for months.  So I'm really surprised on that part.
And they asked about my opinion on Arnold.  Which also made me think he was going to be in this movie.

I have no idea if what I (and others who took the survey) will have any effect on the movie.  Atomic Blonde trailer definitely was changed that fit my opinions (but I have no idea if they fixed the horrible fight scenes).  And a horrible TNT pilot that I gave really horrible reviews, is still going to air. 

So I do agree that there probably isn't much they can do if its already filmed.  But who knows, maybe they'll chop the kid's part in half and eliminate the whole kidnapping BS and leave a real action ending if the whole movie isn't filmed.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

There is a real action ending. And they didn't chop his part.

goose_3387

I'm still open to the idea of the story but it's all down to the execution.

Super Preds, Pred dogs, spider Preds, Preds working with humans... The CGI/practical effects/acting is going to have to be top quality to pull this off and not look like a direct to DVD movie.

SpeedyMaxx

I mean, I'm pretty sure they've thrown a lot more money at it than Predators.

paperhearts

paperhearts

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 04:17:46 AM
There is a real action ending. And they didn't chop his part.

I responded to those that PMed.

I'm just saying that from what I read, the purpose of running to save a boy genius, who will eventually help with his genius to take down the predators, from an evil military guy, is not a real action ending to me.  Sure they said that they will fight the predators after they saved the boy, but from what I read, they already spent way too much time on the kid.  And what a waste to make Yvonne just the ex wife and Munn's main description as Casey as being really smart and sarcastic.  Both have actual training in fighting (at least for tv/film) so it's not like they aren't capable.  And that's exactly what I responded to them.   We just have different ideas on what would please us and for me, I found the Rory the genius crap really lame.

I'm just posting what I got and know from my own minimal experience in how the surveys result.  I have zero knowledge about the in workings of this movie or if any of the responses from the survey will have an impact.   For all I know the entire survey was to see if they could profit from selling Rory action figures at Target.  Hell, maybe they interviewed a bunch of people that totally love the script summary and want them to create their own Marvel franchise but with Rory and the nice mutated Predators doing the Professor Xavier and Mutant roles as they fight the other Predators/Mutants.   :D

Lotus

Right,or cut some of the kid role save it replace to Arnold and bigger part.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 13, 2017, 02:54:44 PM
I'm just saying that from what I read, the purpose of running to save a boy genius, who will eventually help with his genius to take down the predators, from an evil military guy, is not a real action ending to me.

Did you read the ending? I did. The character is involved but the ending is not what you describe nor does it lack for action.

QuoteSure they said that they will fight the predators after they saved the boy, but from what I read, they already spent way too much time on the kid.  And what a waste to make Yvonne just the ex wife and Munn's main description as Casey as being really smart and sarcastic.  Both have actual training in fighting (at least for tv/film) so it's not like they aren't capable.

Munn's character fights plenty, trust me. And I like Yvonne Strahovski a lot but I don't think she is ready for a major film role in Predator. Her character is supporting cast.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Keith on Apr 13, 2017, 12:57:43 AM
Yeah, just like in the next Friday the 13th sequel I want to see Jason team up with teenagers  ::)

Yes please, actually.

goose_3387

So if there's no Predator main hunt in this movie is the main Pred just going to go on a random killing spree during the last act to kill afew characters off?...

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 03:50:56 PM

Munn's character fights plenty, trust me. And I like Yvonne Strahovski a lot but I don't think she is ready for a major film role in Predator. Her character is supporting cast.

Munn's character is the most badass and powerful of the script, wich is a problem in my book.
I can't tolerate that
Spoiler
she rips spinal cords while the preds don't
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

There is a lot of spine-ripping in the script, actually. Mostly from Predators.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 13, 2017, 07:31:13 PM
Munn's character is the most badass and powerful of the script, wich is a problem in my book.
I can't tolerate that
Spoiler
she rips spinal cords while the preds don't
[close]

How does a human achieve that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed