Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 155,494 times)

T888

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Mar 09, 2017, 07:02:39 PM
Quote from: T888 on Mar 09, 2017, 07:02:13 PM
Quote from: D88M on Mar 09, 2017, 06:31:18 PM
first of all, whoever wrote that (not the script, that text) needs to learn how to write, go back to school or something, second, it sounds TERRIBLE, so it probably is true, but i wasnt expecting better anyway

https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-get-to-da-choppa-55.png
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The idea of a Predator hunting other Predators as a 'cleaner' or 'bounty hunter' IS cool & neat and exactly what I would like to see... but does it have to be a 10ft mutant DNA-sucking Predator? What the hell for?

Russ840

I don't min it being taller. But 10ft is rather large. I suppose you could always look at it as a parallel to 'The Mountain' from Game Of Thrones. He is huge compared to the average Human male so perhaps predators that large are in their society, just not so common.

Doomofman

Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 10, 2017, 08:53:10 AM
I don't min it being taller. But 10ft is rather large. I suppose you could always look at it as a parallel to 'The Mountain' from Game Of Thrones. He is huge compared to the average Human male so perhaps predators that large are in their society, just not so common.

Yeah I think there would be tall and short Predators for sure, fat predators, skinny predators etc.

Praetorian Guard

If this movie is gonna be bad, i wish it doesn't happen...

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Praetorian Guard on Mar 15, 2017, 01:24:03 AM

They turned the predator into a social worker man, our hands are tied.

happypred

Seriously...if this is true, f**k this franchise

Praetorian Guard

Praetorian Guard

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Mar 15, 2017, 01:07:10 PM

They're ruining the greatest character ever. I talked about this with my brother last night, he said a kid could make this crap up. Anyone could make the Predator work with Humans and make it look like S*it. Remember the 2016 poster? We thought that might be or IS the same Jungle Hunter from Predator 1.

(Yes, i'm well aware of the poster is old, but I think this makes for a better idea)

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aWM0XIohmYg/Vsfo4Vt0ANI/AAAAAAAAAeA/k6C8HZ_rZVI/s320/Predator-4-film-afisi.jpg

If you would please allow me to say why we think that. Same mask, but is kinda broken you can see somewhat of his skin. Plasma Caster looks the same, but maybe isn't THE same one. "YOU'LL NEVER SEE HIM COMING" Text. The Predator can turn invisible, and you'll never see him coming as he hunts you. Maybe 70% to read that will see it as I said. The other 30% will see it this way. You'll never see it coming that this Predator on the poster is the same Predator from the first movie. In Predator Concrete Jungle, it is said that Predator can survive the explosion of his self-destruct. Shamed by defeat and having exposed his race to the humans, the Predator is exiled by his clan to a planet inhabited by deadly alien creatures. One hundred years later, the Predator is now offered a chance for redemption.

Wouldn't that make a better story for this movie? Jungle Hunter survived the blast, and now he is back to Earth after 30 long years? The poster shows he has returned, but with the same mask he had from the first movie. He didn't die, but his face is deformed by the blast. He still remembers that day well. Now he is back to hunt, and this time... No screw ups. You can't say that is not a bad idea. The poster itself tells you this is Jungle Hunter with the same mask, but now broken. Hell, you can use Jungle Hunter again, and add some plot twist like a Bad Blood is running loose in his hunting ground or something. Come on, i'm no director, but I know we can make up better ideas and scripts than Mr. Black is. Just... *Sigh* Throw the script in the trash, and try to rethink about what you're doing, Black. We never got another good Predator game since Concrete Jungle. At least use your brain, and listen to our voices. I think we're the true brains and hearts of the Predators.

ThePredatorUK

Quote from: Praetorian Guard on Mar 16, 2017, 02:06:43 PM

They're ruining the greatest character ever. I talked about this with my brother last night, he said a kid could make this crap up. Anyone could make the Predator work with Humans and make it look like S*it. Remember the 2016 poster? We thought that might be or IS the same Jungle Hunter from Predator 1.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aWM0XIohmYg/Vsfo4Vt0ANI/AAAAAAAAAeA/k6C8HZ_rZVI/s320/Predator-4-film-afisi.jpg

If you would please allow me to say why we think that. Same mask, but is kinda broken you can see somewhat of his skin. Plasma Caster looks the same, but maybe isn't THE same one. "YOU'LL NEVER SEE HIM COMING" Text. The Predator can turn invisible, and you'll never see him coming as he hunts you. Maybe 70% to read that will see it as I said. The other 30% will see it this way. You'll never see it coming that this Predator on the poster is the same Predator from the first movie. In Predator Concrete Jungle, it is said that Predator can survive the explosion of his self-destruct. Shamed by defeat and having exposed his race to the humans, the Predator is exiled by his clan to a planet inhabited by deadly alien creatures. One hundred years later, the Predator is now offered a chance for redemption.

Wouldn't that make a better story for this movie? Jungle Hunter survived the blast, and now he is back to Earth after 30 long years? The poster shows he has returned, but with the same mask he had from the first movie. He didn't die, but his face is deformed by the blast. He still remembers that day well. Now he is back to hunt, and this time... No screw ups. You can't say that is not a bad idea. The poster itself tells you this is Jungle Hunter with the same mask, but now broken. Hell, you can use Jungle Hunter again, and add some plot twist like a Bad Blood is running loose in his hunting ground or something. Come on, i'm no director, but I know we can make up better ideas and scripts than Mr. Black is. Just... *Sigh* Throw the script in the trash, and try to rethink about what you're doing, Black. We never got another good Predator game since Concrete Jungle. At least use your brain, and listen to our voices. I think we're the true brains and hearts of the Predators.
someone else wanna tell him thats the "crucified Pred" from Predators or nah?

von

von

Quote from: ThePredatorUK on Mar 16, 2017, 02:51:58 PM
Quote from: Praetorian Guard on Mar 16, 2017, 02:06:43 PM

someone else wanna tell him thats the "crucified Pred" from Predators or nah?

lol right. I thought everyone already knew that. Here's the same image as it appeared on magazine cover for Ps:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/predators/magazines/201007-sfx.pdf

I don't even believe that image is an official promo for the upcoming movie. It was just shared by the predator fb page which only seems to post memes...

bobby brown

Quote from: Omegamorph on Mar 09, 2017, 08:40:22 PM
The idea of a Predator hunting other Predators as a 'cleaner' or 'bounty hunter' IS cool & neat and exactly what I would like to see... but does it have to be a 10ft mutant DNA-sucking Predator? What the hell for?

Can you fathom the sequels of this crap proves to be successful?
I call The hero will use this plot element and gain "predator hybrid powers" Ala alien resurrection....*shudders*
I do have faith in Shane black tough. The guy is talented.

T888

What could be interesting AND refreshing, is a Predator movie without humans and not on earth. For example, we follow the life of a Predator, or several hunters through the galaxy. Something like that.

Cereal Killer

Hopefully The main predator survives for a change... Just kidding just gonna stick back and judge it myself. Really happy there making another one. But I see where everyone is coming from. Hopefully most of use are gonna be happy with the outcome.

RabidNinja

What's next? they're gonna reduce it to a PG-15 rating to cater to a wider audience and make the Predator "child-friendly"? eugh.

You know what sums up the Predator? Not only as a franchise, but as a character? That scene in the original where we see the original team. hanging upside down and skinned; THAT is the predator that the franchise needs and deserves. The first 2 films are on solid ground and will be seen as classics, but will be overshadowed by overhyped, baby-drivel written crap like this. The fact alone that they're trying to incorporate a "bigger, badder meaner" character than the predator is just pure ass, like they enjoy subverting the nature of how deadly predators are, and gives the title name less substance.

You know what they need to do?

Spoiler

We open up with our credits sequence, a somewhat long, dark, foreboding nature to it, similar to how ALIEN opened up with it's "silent empty space" with it's memorable intrumental tone. Soundbites of static, distorted radio transmissions can be heard, most of it unrelated and pure garbage; Weather news stating higher summer heatwave records the previous year, crime rate statistics increasing, etc. As it goes on, it gets more and more visceral; Live audio recordings of gang leaders, SWAT teams, secret military squads, getting eviscerated, leaving the visual gore and carnage up to the viewer to perceive. then we get small teasers of video recording cuts; Survivors, in a bloody, dead-frightened state, brokenly describing something that can be only described as "Not-Human".

It closes with the first ever documented incident; Dutch; detailing his account of the first film, reluctantly revealing his cancerous condition, due to the nuclear-esque explosion from the first encounter. He finishes with "You don't know what you're dealing with". Cue flash title cut to THE PREDATOR.

This not only takes into account aspects of the previous films, it gives a cameo and some well-needed closure to our favourite character and it sets the scene, the brutality and the bar itself for what NEEDS to be a bloodbath. it wouldn't do previous films any justice.
[close]

lv_226

After reading that awfully composed synopsis, I just threw up a little in my mouth... some of the first act stuff sounds good, then the subsequent acts begin to spiral into "WHAT IS GOING ON?!" territory.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed