It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 96,678 times)

Imbrie

Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 24, 2017, 09:08:11 AM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 23, 2017, 04:33:37 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 04:12:54 PM
Just a comment from Youtube:

QuoteWhat Hudson would say to the two gays:

"Right right! Someone said colony ship and they thought they said colon ship and signed up."

I noticed that comment on youtube too hahaha ;D

I actually liked that banter, idk why people thought it was lame. I mean is every normal friend group conversations always have to be golden?

And why are people getting their panties in a twist about the gay couple? Its the future, hello, same sex marriage was legitimized not too long ago, and by that story's time period, things must have improved. People disappoint me alot these days.

I'm looking forward to the movie now more than ever, can't wait!

Doubtful there will be many gays in the future, they are already few. People will be able to choose all kinds of traits their kids will be born with, looks, intelligence, health etc. People who want kids by extension will want grandkids n will have the choice to have their kids be hetero or homo, since the latter is pointless almost nobody will discard the choice to have a straight kid n it will be easier to identify with. To consciously chose a gay kid would be odd n not out of homophobia just it's not what people r looking for. Gays come about because of chance, once parents can remove chance, the gay community will plummet. Won't be much homophobia at least there hardly will be anyone around to be homophobic to.

Just ..... wow. I'm so pleased I don't have to interact with somebody like you in real life.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: imbrie on Feb 24, 2017, 11:19:55 AM

"Right right! Someone said colony ship and they thought they said colon ship and signed up."

I actually liked that banter, idk why people thought it was lame. I mean is every normal friend group conversations always have to be golden?

And why are people getting their panties in a twist about the gay couple? Its the future, hello, same sex marriage was legitimized not too long ago, and by that story's time period, things must have improved. People disappoint me alot these days.

Doubtful there will be many gays in the future, they are already few. People will be able to choose all kinds of traits their kids will be born with, looks, intelligence, health etc. People who want kids by extension will want grandkids n will have the choice to have their kids be hetero or homo, since the latter is pointless almost nobody will discard the choice to have a straight kid n it will be easier to identify with. To consciously chose a gay kid would be odd n not out of homophobia just it's not what people r looking for. Gays come about because of chance, once parents can remove chance, the gay community will plummet. Won't be much homophobia at least there hardly will be anyone around to be homophobic to.

Just ..... wow. I'm so pleased I don't have to interact with somebody like you in real life.

I would love to meet a person like that... They would regret the day their momma laid down with their daddy that's for sure.

Side note:
On the subject of choosing maybe choice could be made that prevent straight child who may (Child Abuse, rapes, domestic violence, dead beat parenting.) from them repeating that pattern in society??

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 24, 2017, 11:15:41 AM
Quote from: Darth Vile on Feb 24, 2017, 09:12:33 AM

Seriously? Maybe in the future they'll be a pill for eradicating bigotry?

There certainy will be a lot smarter people who can argue n not throw insult as first reply.

I'm not sure it's an insult to hope that when we're all living on spaceships, and 'stuff', that they will have cured bigotry. Only a bigot would feel insulted at that surely?

XenoHunter99

Quote from: NickisSmart on Feb 24, 2017, 07:56:11 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 24, 2017, 06:29:30 AM
Was OK, but nothing special. I'm genuinely confused at why some people are hyping this as some kind of amazing example of character development. There's zero character development. It's just a bunch of people talking over one another at a dinner table.

So was most of Alien. I think this is a good thing. And they still have more chemistry than all of the characters in Prometheus combined. Is it high art? No, but neither were the conversations between Parker and Brett. Why are people expecting something other than what the classic was?

It was a good thing for Alien. That was 38 years ago. But Alien was lightning in a bottle. Scott didn't need a silly viral video to make the movie go. Indeed, everyone had their hands full making the actual movie. One would think that it could be done better by now, but no one has done it. Hollywood has tried over and over. Now you have Scott trying again to do the same old thing but better, and he already failed. This movie might be okay. It will probably make a mountain of money, too. But it won't top the original, won't come close. It won't really say anything different, except it will probably detract from the original by explaining too much and being too much about David 8 making the creature. In his poorly-executed effort to tell us about the big guy in the chair, Scott is systematically draining away the mystery and wonder of the original. This viral scene reinforces the idea that nothing new is on offer here. All anyone can do is try to replicate the magic of the original, but it can't be done. And that is why this viral video fails.

Imbrie

I kind of wish that the main character was a transgendered homosexual purely to irritate to the bigots like you. One day this will happen.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alright, let's steer back on topic. And I'm make it clear right now - anti-gay sentiments aren't going to be tolerated here. I don't consider ignorance as bliss.

Enoch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 24, 2017, 11:42:40 AM
Alright, let's steer back to topic. And I'm make it clear right now - anti-gay opinions aren't going to be tolerated here.

Not anti-gay, but rather anti-decency opinions coming from all so called sides.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 24, 2017, 11:45:32 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 24, 2017, 11:42:40 AM
Alright, let's steer back to topic. And I'm make it clear right now - anti-gay opinions aren't going to be tolerated here.

Not anti-gay, but rather anti-decency opinions coming from all so called sides.

It matters now because of people like Astronoe. These aren't commercials for sexuality. They're not showing up on your doorstep trying to convert you like your earlier post suggests. The selling of trainers and showing that there are more ways of life are completely different things. It matters so people don't have to hide and think they have any reason to be ashamed.

And sniped. Unacceptable post. And thanks for joining, Astro. See you around. *dictator hat on*

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 24, 2017, 11:50:17 AM
It matters now because of people like Astronoe. These aren't commercials for sexuality. They're not showing up on your doorstep trying to convert you like your earlier post suggests. The selling of trainers and showing that there are more ways of life are completely different things. It matters so people don't have to hide and be ashamed.

And thanks for joining, Astro. See you around. *dictator hat on*

That was not the point of my post... :laugh:
I used word promotion and used selling of product as metaphor.
They "promote"/speak about homosexuality but forget to tell what it means... Ultimately its not about homosexuality or heterosexuality but rather about the system of values, respect, love... I just wanted to show how everything is made trivial these days. Just because we exalt trivialized things, everything is turning into conflict etc.

QuoteIts stupid... imagine a market promoting and selling only materials for sneakers, all the variations,
all the textures and different colors... but not all would know how to make a real and useful, long lasting sneakers.
Sexual orientation (ANY) without the understanding of natural laws of reason of common sense and  HEALTHY values is just
a promotion of raw materials no one would know hot to use. [Its just a shape without properties and therefore trivialized thing.]
Or other way around... you are promoting a product designed for a use which is still not defined. This too applies to heterosexuality. Just monitor the incidence of divorces and domestic violence...

Darth Vile

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Feb 24, 2017, 11:32:27 AM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Feb 24, 2017, 07:56:11 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 24, 2017, 06:29:30 AM
Was OK, but nothing special. I'm genuinely confused at why some people are hyping this as some kind of amazing example of character development. There's zero character development. It's just a bunch of people talking over one another at a dinner table.

So was most of Alien. I think this is a good thing. And they still have more chemistry than all of the characters in Prometheus combined. Is it high art? No, but neither were the conversations between Parker and Brett. Why are people expecting something other than what the classic was?

It was a good thing for Alien. That was 38 years ago. But Alien was lightning in a bottle. Scott didn't need a silly viral video to make the movie go. Indeed, everyone had their hands full making the actual movie. One would think that it could be done better by now, but no one has done it. Hollywood has tried over and over. Now you have Scott trying again to do the same old thing but better, and he already failed. This movie might be okay. It will probably make a mountain of money, too. But it won't top the original, won't come close. It won't really say anything different, except it will probably detract from the original by explaining too much and being too much about David 8 making the creature. In his poorly-executed effort to tell us about the big guy in the chair, Scott is systematically draining away the mystery and wonder of the original. This viral scene reinforces the idea that nothing new is on offer here. All anyone can do is try to replicate the magic of the original, but it can't be done. And that is why this viral video fails.
I have a tendency to believe that Hollywood make far too many sequels and remakes... often at the expense of original ideas. However, the original film (Alien obviously) still exists, and can still be watched as a standalone film in its own right... nothing changes... just like Jaws, A New Hope or Raiders of the Lost Ark. Of course it can be argued that some of the mystery is lost e.g. who was the space jockey? Where did the eggs come from? But I don't believe that this element of mystery is fundamental to the appreciation of the original film. Alien Covenant is probably the last opportunity to make a film, which is connected to the originals, whilst being able to give it a new perspective. I think there's every chance it can be a worthwhile venture, even whilst acknowledging it will more than likely fall short of Alien/Aliens... in terms of originality, design etc.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 24, 2017, 11:54:55 AM
That was not the point of my post... :laugh:
I used word promotion and used selling of product as metaphor.

Then you want to use a word to correctly articulate what you mean because you didn't come across in any meaningful way with that post.

QuoteThey "promote"/speak about homosexuality but forget to tell what it means... Ultimately its not about homosexuality or heterosexuality but rather about the system of values, respect, love... I just wanted to show how everything is made trivial these days. Just because we exalt trivialized things, everything is turning into conflict etc.

And what does homosexuality "mean"? They're not "promoting" anything. They are there. Being themselves. It's people that make a big deal out of this that cause the conflict. This shouldn't be an issue.

Enoch

Enoch

QuoteAnd what does homosexuality "mean"? They're not "promoting" anything. They are there. Being themselves. It's people that make a big deal out of this that cause the conflict. This shouldn't be an issue.

Yes. But as I said it doesnt matter if you are a gay or hetero... its just the shape... only the property matters.
THEY PROMOTE... I was speaking about anyone... press, other people, even gays themselves. Emphasis of
shapes, colors... but never on properties and qualities!!!

SiL

I have no idea what Enoch is saying or trying to say in half of these messages. I am under the assumption that English is not his first language.

Enoch

Enoch

I m under the assumption that even though English is your first language, you could
never understand my reasoning... because you simply refuse to do so.

I m simply speaking about both gays and everyone else...Not labeling anyone, but presenting
the real problem behind this "conflict". It s not about orientation (thats just a small segment of everything), lets
develop normal system of values and we ll never again discuss any "differences" of sexual orientation.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 24, 2017, 12:06:15 PM
Yes. But as I said it doesnt matter if you are a gay or hetero... its just the shape... only the property matters.

I think you're trying to say is what I said previously - that it's the capabilities of the individual that should matter, not any trait like race, sexual orientation, etc? If so then yes, I completely agree. It shouldn't matter in the real world.

Unfortunately, there's still some who believe it does which is why it's important to have gay characters just doing their thing and being more than just a token gay character.

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 24, 2017, 12:09:24 PM
I m under the assumption that even though English is your first language, you could
never understand my reasoning... because you simply refuse to do so.

No, I think he simply didn't understand how you were articulating yourself. I was struggling their myself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed