First Look at The Predator Cast!

Started by Anthony, Feb 20, 2017, 04:08:08 PM

Author
First Look at The Predator Cast! (Read 40,396 times)

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2017, 07:59:49 PM
I can't say I was particularly thrilled with the leaked synopsis but I'm going into this with an open mind. I'd rather not close myself off and determine to hate this before we actually see it. Black is a talented fella who knows Predator and knows how to make good films. By all accounts the cast is all really talented and I'm glad to see they're bringing in actors, rather than names.

Let's give it a shot before we condemn it.

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 20, 2017, 07:59:49 PM
I can't say I was particularly thrilled with the leaked synopsis but I'm going into this with an open mind. I'd rather not close myself off and determine to hate this before we actually see it. Black is a talented fella who knows Predator and knows how to make good films. By all accounts the cast is all really talented and I'm glad to see they're bringing in actors, rather than names.

Let's give it a shot before we condemn it.

You get out of here with that common sense and level headed view, they have no place in this fandom  :D :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Pft. More like any fandom, corner of the Internet or society.  :'(

Anthony

Anthony

I'll just wait until a trailer to form an opinion on how I think it looks.

acrediblesource

trailer comes out tomorrow with better lighting!

Keith

Keith

pussy-looking cast.

walker31

walker31

I don't think anyone is quite ready to bet their paychecks against it, but going off of the weak cast when they promised a blockbuster type event, having several well known actors walk away from the project already, the distant release date, the relatively no name lead to a huge cultural franchise that reminds us too much of AVP2, the ill received "script leak", the massive division of fan reception to the director's IM3 film, a comedian from Key and Peele with limited experience, and the idea of a kid in a rated R flick is all starting off very weak.  We should have an A list actor to lead this film, and some huge incentives to get us excited, but so far we do not.  We fans have been here before, so let's not write our hesitations off too quickly as rabid fans creeping out of the pits of the internet troll swamp. 

Anthony

Anthony

It's always possible that this film could suck. A good director can make a bad film, after all. I just hope it goes well.

Master

Master

I'm not condemning it, just saying I know nothing about the cast (apart from Olivia in X Apocalypse,  which wasn't great to say the least ). I hope it's fine, I really do , yet this leaked synopsis with super powered retarded kid and gigant mutant ninja predator aint good either.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Master on Feb 20, 2017, 08:21:05 PM
I'm not condemning it, just saying I know nothing about the cast (apart from Olivia in X Apocalypse,  which wasn't great to say the least ). I hope it's fine, I really do , yet this leaked synopsis with super powered retarded kid and gigant mutant ninja predator aint good either.

Totally understandable, I also thought that plot description wasn't very good.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I didn't like the sound of the synopsis either, but I also understand that you can make any plot synopsis sound silly if you don't know the context. But I like the cast (sans Munn) and there has been a lot of great R rated films with child actors. I'm in the wait and see crowd.

here's a good post by Stealth Hunter with a list of good films with an R rating and child characters.
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 16, 2017, 09:40:07 PM
Aliens didn't feel soft to me but it might've been lesser of a movie compared to Alien in other peoples' points of view.

I can think of plenty of movies that have kids as main characters but the overall tone of the films is serious and dark. Room, Beasts of No Nation, Moonlight, Man on Fire, Running Scared, The Butterfly Effect, Southpaw, Homefront, The Equalizer, Logan, Safe, Leon the Professional, The Good Son, We Need to Talk About Kevin, The Babadook, The Monster, Sinister, the list definitely goes on.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Anthony on Feb 20, 2017, 08:25:43 PM
Quote from: Master on Feb 20, 2017, 08:21:05 PM

Totally understandable, I also thought that plot description wasn't very good.
Retarded kid? Really?

My best friend has a son with autism and he's smart and funny

Master

Master

Autism or Asperger?

Still, good for him.

genocyber

genocyber

Black guy on the left looks like Sinbad.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Master on Feb 20, 2017, 08:51:33 PM
Autism or Asperger?

Still, good for him.
Autism

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed