Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 64,064 times)

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Feb 15, 2017, 01:44:04 AM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 15, 2017, 01:26:16 AM
On Feb 25th, Black said filming would begin in 15 days.
He said 15 days on Super Bowl Sunday, so the 20th which is on Monday, did he change it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I'm stupid, I said 25th but meant 5th. I'll delete that message so people don't get confused. His tweet is below:

http://www.scified.com/u/IMG_20170205_195038.jpg

The Wolverine Predator

Oh ok, lol

The Wolverine Predator

Looks like some of the cast are together for something or maybe getting ready to head out to Vancouver

echobbase79

echobbase79

It is a good feeling knowing that they're getting ready to shoot. That little kid looks like a badass.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: overthere on Feb 14, 2017, 11:10:52 PM
Thanks. Predator is my favorite movie too, and as much as I love the original, I can't wait for something different to happen. This sounds like a story about the race to the kid, who'll get to the equipment first, and is exciting even without the Predator in it. Plus we get another Predator who's captured, imagine the science done on him, cool new facts we'll learn about them, see the Predator react in captivity, etc.

This is going to be a fun movie.

If the "Predator 2.0" is the result of humans trying to weaponize them, then I can get behind this. I love Predator: Concrete Jungle and its story, despite some of its flaws, and it would be like people in power tampering with things they don't understand. I mean we seen how Borgia Industries screwed around with the race and their tech, that was some cool story stuff right there, and I can agree with this course. A cleaner Pred comes in trying to erase any evidence of their existence, like Scarface, then a three way battle to the death while a race against time kind of deal, ok you got my attention.

It was the genetically engineered by Preds part that really turned me off. As I said, they don't need to modify any other pred for a "special ops" unit. They are the special ops unit. A regular hunter killed of an elite squad of commandos, and an Elite that outranks the pred before had fought off a hive by himself. They are supremely badass.

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

Calling it now. Aaron Rodgers will be in this movie. He's the A lister they need.  ;D

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Feb 14, 2017, 11:17:16 PM
Maybe you don't,  but I do and screw you with generalisation of fanbase.  Many of us have clear vision of what they'd like to see and don't bite some half-assed ideas with yet another SP.

Agreed with this one hundred and ten percent. For once, Master.. we agree on something.

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 15, 2017, 12:10:57 AM
There's nothing wrong with them trying new things, guys. Yes, it could go wrong, but it could also go right. I think some may be overreacting to this news. Let's wait and see how it actually turns out and then make up our minds whether we like it or not. Otherwise you're all just stressing for nothing. What if you like it when you see it?

I am all for new, but I feel like it has to gel with what came before. Say what you want about the AVP films, love'em or hate them but I loved the idea of the whole pyramid idea, I liked the idea of Predators being worshiped as gods by primitive man. Why do I like the films? Largely because they borrowed from the EU, things which we were told for twenty something years was by far and wide, true-- for me, the old EU was what fleshed out what at the time, two Predator films didn't, aside from establishing that these were hunters who followed a clan based society and had a twisted bizarre code of ethics.

Then PREDATORS had to happen, and... it introduced things which I felt subtracted what the creatures were known for. We have been told that they were trackers who had senses which were trained and used to track after prey, the dogs seemingly threw that out (except for when Nolan says that they could hear us and smell us, then WHY the need for the dogs unless they wanna cheat), and the whole idea of the preserve planet cheapened the idea of what the hunt was supposed to be. You know the episode of King of the Hill where Hank takes Bobby to a resort and has him hunt deer which were bred and born in that resort for the sake of a canned hunt where a kill was guaranteed? That's what the preserve planet is. To me, that's not what Predator is about, that's not what Predators do or are supposed to do. Where's the challenge? Wait, challenge is minimized.

The Super Predators? Okay, I get that these guys have their fans but let's not mince words here, they're pretty divisive amongst the fan base. It's not a secret or even a lie that Rodriguez and company had felt as if the original wasn't scary anymore, even going as far as to suggesting they were obsolete with the whole 8-Track and IPod comparisons. Saying that their Predators were the "REAL" Predators. Right. They were marketed to be bigger, badder, stronger, more brutal than the Predators we know-- the film didn't sell that, and if it did, it didn't sell that idea very well.

The whole bigger, badder, meaner thing isn't a gimmick which should draw fans in. You think something from PREDATORS would've been learned from that but... no. Nothing was seemingly learned. It's not so much that the idea of a gigantic Predator which sets me off, I'm all for gigantic Predators, as long as they are naturally that way-- it's the whole genetically modification thing which turns me off. Now unless this was a genetic freak which was created by humans, which is further expanded upon in the plot-- by all means, I can get behind that.

For me, Predators are all about hunting for the challenge of the sport, the thrill of the hunt. With the last film, it felt like it tried to undo that. The idea of a genetically modified Predator, kind of harkens that. That the thrill of the hunt is bull, when really.. all they care about is winning. And to me, that's just not Predator.

Now, I haven't said anything bad about this film.. My only concern is the treatment of the creature(s).

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 15, 2017, 02:20:39 AM
It was the genetically engineered by Preds part that really turned me off. As I said, they don't need to modify any other pred for a "special ops" unit. They are the special ops unit. A regular hunter killed of an elite squad of commandos, and an Elite that outranks the pred before had fought off a hive by himself. They are supremely badass.

THIIIIIIIIIIISS!!

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 15, 2017, 03:46:32 AM
To me, that's not what Predator is about, that's not what Predators do or are supposed to do. Where's the challenge? Wait, challenge is minimized.

Predators are a race of various individuals, of different clans with different customs. I don't see why some clans can't have these genetically engineered warriors as an insurance against something.

For all we know, the Predators in the previous movies belonged to clans that did no such thing.

So I think saying "this is something Predators don't do" is kinda generalising them as a species.

They hunt, have rules, are savage, all out of choice rather than necessity. Why can't some clans choose to have "stronger" warriors?

In Rage War, they're described often as 9 feet tall, and that's the natural ones. For all we know, Jungle Hunter and City Hunter were probably short by Predator standards and their average could be 8 to 9 feet tall.

And this genetic augmented one being 10 feet tall is probably nothing new to them, I wouldn't be surprised if some natural ones reach 10 feet tall. This one likely was augmented to be stronger and faster, not taller.

If you dedicate your entire society on hunting dangerous game, and many of those happen to be advanced species. You'd think of having elite augmented warriors just in case, right? Predators may glorify dying in battle as individuals, but I don't think they glorify extinction. They're hunters in the end, they want to win and return home to status. They glorify death because they know someone among them will remember them as "that badass who killed 500 hard meat before going down."

If they go extinct, whose gonna appreciate the valiant battles?

This is why I understand it if they do have super soldiers. Think of him as their Captain America. He's not gonna have four arms or anything. I doubt he'd even look like a Super Predator but I don't know, that bit could go either way.

And like I said in previous posts. They probably sent this 2.0 to Earth because he was likely nearest at the time their tech got stolen.

Why waste precious time contacting and sending a random "Wolf" to go clean up the mess (and allowing these primitives to reverse engineer the tech you're so protective of in the first place) when you can just send the nearest badass to the planet, and he just so happens to be a 2.0? Likely a higher chance of success there as well. (Or so they'd think due to underestimating us.)

And even if that's not the case. Again, I can understand them choosing to send a 2.0 anyway. Clearly we've bested them in all the movies so far and in the comics and games (even Scarface got bested in the intro of CJ and had to clean up his screw up, look how deadly we turned out to be) and novels. If I was a Predator Elder and learned that something went wrong and tech got stolen by the oomans, I'd so send a pack of 2.0s just to be safe. XD

We're a dangerous and quite advanced species. I don't think they'd take chances with us by now if we got something of theirs to use against them.

I do understand your concerns and I wouldn't have minded if they did use a regular Predator. But I do understand this direction and I always wondered what a 10 foot tall Predator looked like. Because that's how I imagine Perry's Yautja females were, around that height range. If this happens in film, it'd certainly help me visualise their height.

Highland

Highland

Not going to lie. Sounds garbage.

predator88

predator88

Quote from: overthere on Feb 14, 2017, 11:10:52 PM
Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Feb 14, 2017, 11:07:42 PM

Plus we get another Predator who's captured, imagine the science done on him, cool new facts we'll learn about them, see the Predator react in captivity, etc.

You read the script? How do you know there is a another captured predator?

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Weren't the Predators in Concrete Jungle (the game) near enough 10 feet tall? They towered over people way more than the film ones seemed to.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

With the full gear on, the actors playing the Predator were all close to 8 feet, adding another 2 feet wont make as big a difference than people might think. But of course all people can think of are Godzilla-Size Predators.

irn

irn

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 15, 2017, 05:04:25 AM
Predators are a race of various individuals, of different clans with different customs. I don't see why some clans can't have these genetically engineered warriors as an insurance against something.

For all we know, the Predators in the previous movies belonged to clans that did no such thing.

So I think saying "this is something Predators don't do" is kinda generalising them as a species.

I completely agree with this. I've always hated the monoculture of the EU regarding Predator. Like this entire civilisation is just a bunch of Masai warriors with spaceships. It's so bland and lazy and ultimately quite stupid when you think about it.

It would be far more realistic to have a huge variety of cultures, styles, interests, agendas etc. throughout the Predator civilisation. Who is to say these hunter guys on Earth are not the equivalent of eccentric millionaires from rich top caste families? Why else spend a ridiculous amount of resources to travel across the universe just to cut heads of things for trophy cabinets.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed