Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 63,242 times)

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Master on Feb 11, 2017, 11:16:42 AM
Ps proved uber predator doesn't work.

Predators only proved that it was a deeply mediocre film.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 11, 2017, 10:02:07 AM
It's Jurassic World all over again, "oh no a super dinosaur"... the movie turned out great and the Indominus was  awesome.
Jurassic World was awful.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Speak for yourself, i thought JW was the movie of 2015, we finally got a fully functional Park and the sense of excitement and wonder of the dinos themselfes again. The raptors were real characters this time. I loved every second of this movie, i really do, popcorn cinema at it's finest.

I agree that we don't need a bigger version of the Predator, a normal one is good enough for me, but if that means we get something we havent seen before and maybe get some more infos about the Predators themselfes i'm open to the idea.

But as Fred Dekker already said, the fans have their Shurikens sharpened, there is no pleasing anyone, the fan community as a whole is so divergent as to what the Predator should be, what the story should be about, who should be cast etc. I just want a good movie, with smart dialogue, likable characters, new stuff to discover... and if that means there is a new kind of Predator in this movie then so it might be, it's not a dealbreaker for me. There is a talent in this community to expect the worst of the worst everytime the filmmakers even dare to think of something we havent seen at least a hundred times before. Yet, they will buy every action figure where the Predator has 10 arms and three heads.

I feel like this movie is being done for people like me, who really want to take a risk, get out of it's comfort zone with this franchise, because as of right now, it was in a f**king loop and i actually want them to get crazy with this. That's what was so disapointing with the Rodriguez one, they said it's going to be bold and new and i was all fired up... and then came the cheapo version of the first movie. No.. NO, not this time and i'm so f**king glad. This franchise needs balls again.

SiL

SiL

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Johnny you did a pretty good job at convincing yourself.but this plot is silly.
Same old super pred BS.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I would have been disappointed if you would actually have liked it ;D

Quote from: SiL on Feb 11, 2017, 11:48:14 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 11, 2017, 11:43:29 AM
Speak for yourself,
You first :-\
I do, and for the solid 7 it has on IMDB and the 1,5 billion it did... but yeah i'm sure i'm the only one who liked it, just saying.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 11, 2017, 11:43:29 AM
Speak for yourself, i thought JW was the movie of 2015, we finally got a fully functional Park and the sense of excitement and wonder of the dinos themselfes again. The raptors were real characters this time. I loved every second of this movie, i really do, popcorn cinema at it's finest.

I agree that we don't need a bigger version of the Predator, a normal one is good enough for me, but if that means we get something we havent seen before and maybe get some more infos about the Predators themselfes i'm open to the idea.

But as Fred Dekker already said, the fans have their Shurikens sharpened, there is no pleasing anyone, the fan community as a whole is so divergent as to what the Predator should be, what the story should be about, who should be cast etc. I just want a good movie, with smart dialogue, likable characters, new stuff to discover... and if that means there is a new kind of Predator in this movie then so it might be, it's not a dealbreaker for me. There is a talent in this community to expect the worst of the worst everytime the filmmakers even dare to think of something we havent seen at least a hundred times before. Yet, they will buy every action figure where the Predator has 10 arms and three heads.

I feel like this movie is being done for people like me, who really want to take a risk, get out of it's comfort zone with this franchise, because as of right now, it was in a f**king loop and i actually want them to get crazy with this. That's what was so disapointing with the Rodriguez one, they said it's going to be bold and new and i was all fired up... and then came the cheapo version of the first movie. No.. NO, not this time and i'm so f**king glad. This franchise needs balls again.

Listen, Im all up for new inventions and am sick of the rehashed "hunting"-plotline. I´m all for new ideas and fresh takes. I mean AvP gets so much hate, but I loved that in the first movie they really added to the lore of the Predator with the whole ancient Gods thing. So Im all in if its original ideas. Shane Black should be allowed to go apeshit crazy. I love that we get multiple settings, an ensemble cast, some sense of mystery and discovery.  But simply repeating the whole "Predator 2.0" from Rodriguez´s Predators just doesnt get me enough excited at this point.

Master

Master

I don't understand what's so hard in finding the middle ground.  Either sequels are "going back to the roots" giving us same old film, only worse and dumbed down (ep VII, Ps, JW) or "Innovative sequel/reboot" where the franchise is hardly recognisable anymore (Prometheus, Robocop, Total Recall ). I want normal sequel! The one that expands on earlier material,  not trying to reinvent it. Too much?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 11, 2017, 12:28:13 PM
I do, and for the solid 7 it has on IMDB and the 1,5 billion it did... but yeah i'm sure i'm the only one who liked it, just saying.
You said 'It was great'. I said it was awful. We used the same language, but I'm the one who needs to speak for himself?  Get a grip, dude. We disagree, no reason to be dismissive.

It made money, but it's still a poorly written, poorly directed movie. Plenty of people agree, and their views aren't invalidated by an IMDb score. Avatar being the highest grossing film doesn't make it the best movie.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Super Predator 2.0 points towards a messed up Predator face again and the wait will go on until someone can make the mandibles open and close right again.

SiL

SiL

The mandibles haven't worked properly since the first film :laugh:

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: SiL on Feb 11, 2017, 12:41:23 PM
The mandibles haven't worked properly since the first film :laugh:

Exactly.

SiL

SiL

Scars would've been good if they'd been designed properly. The actual animatronic inside was great.

Master

Master

P2 had some clipping issues, but it closed properly and unmasked Pred looked menacing. In Ps it didn't closed at all (did it even move?).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 10, 2017, 11:47:18 PM
Language Omega, Language!!! :laugh:
Always keep harsh language handy for close encounters

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed