Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 63,934 times)

nanison

nanison

Agreed with the rest. Don't like it much either. Hypemeter plummeting.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Feeds On Minds on Feb 13, 2017, 10:17:51 PM
Why did I ever think they WEREN'T going to f**k this up?

are you surprised? to be fair, i am thinking thiw was something like the original script and now they changed stuff and is different, but i dont think it will be a good movie (even less by the director of the terrible IM3) what i think is that they need to stop Alien/Predator movies, they dont know what to do with it, i want one, GOOD AvP movie and then let the franchises rest

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'm curious how many drafts Fred Dekker has written of the script ever since the project was first announced? He started writing it back in 2014, right? So there's no telling how many possible drafts there are.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Having some rather mixed feelings about this claimed leaked plot.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2017, 05:51:09 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 13, 2017, 05:28:55 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13dsieLFD1r4my8ko1_500.gif

Oh come on, TMNT: Secret of the Ooze wasn't bad! At least the Super Shredder was an accident in context of the movie-- and the Mutagen can actually DO that to a person!

But all kidding aside... Ummm... I haven't said anything bad about the movie since it was announced, and was looking forward to seeing someone who had made re-writes to the first movie attempt to tackle it, and I love Black and Dekker's works (Robocop 3 not withstanding) but... now I'm not so sure anymore. I don't wanna shit-can it like I did with PREDATORS when that movie was announced but... I suppose I'm hoping against hope.

I mean burned once, twice shy... Right?

Do you reckon this would hint of a fight between the traditional Predator/Yautja and Predator 2.0 and the Traditional Predator wins the fight. In a way trying to make up for the injustice of Predators having the classic Predator beaten.

Sounds awfully similar to the ending of Jurassic World. After fans were out raged by T-Rex's death in Jurassic Park 3 from fighting a Spinosaurus. Jurassic World attempted to make up for it by having the T-Rex beat the Indominous Rex in the climatic fight.

Steven Speilberg admits that the idea of redeeming the T-Rex came from fans disapproval of Jurassic Park 3 treatment of the T-Rex.

The alleged leaked synopsis does seem rather bleh!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 13, 2017, 11:41:08 PM
Do you reckon this would hint of a fight between the traditional Predator/Yautja and Predator 2.0 and the Traditional Predator wins the fight. In a way trying to make up for the injustice of Predators having the classic Predator beaten.

Possibly, but I'm still asking the question as to why the Predator 2.0 just needs to exist? If you're gonna go with a Super Predator, go with a Super Predator, even though some fans didn't like them or want to see them again. If we're just going to see a bigger version of a traditional Predator, it just screams laziness in design to me. We've seen naturally bigger Predators before in the franchise, Stone Heart from Concrete Jungle being one-- why couldn't we just go with something like that, a Predator who is just naturally big without the need for genetic modification?

newagescamartist

newagescamartist

This sounds horrible. I decided to look at the spoilers because of the reactions some people were having, and it's just...ugh. Why even bother? There are so many things, original things, that can be done with a property like Predator. This is like lowest common denominator stuff. Transformers esque, family nonsense. An R rated family movie. Even the plot to AVP:R looks great when compared to this synopsis. If this is the story, it will have to be directed flawlessly for it to translate into a passable movie, and after seeing IM3, I don't think that is in the cards. That was shit script/story too and it ended up a shit movie. If this is true, now we know why it's been so hard to get a cast together. The script is shit.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 14, 2017, 01:14:37 AM

Possibly, but I'm still asking the question as to why the Predator 2.0 just needs to exist? If you're gonna go with a Super Predator, go with a Super Predator, even though some fans didn't like them or want to see them again. If we're just going to see a bigger version of a traditional Predator, it just screams laziness in design to me. We've seen naturally bigger Predators before in the franchise, Stone Heart from Concrete Jungle being one-- why couldn't we just go with something like that, a Predator who is just naturally big without the need for genetic modification?

I just hope it doesn't deviate to much from the original design of the creature. Maybe the 2.0 only concerns the bigger height and new tech/armor I'm sure it will have. At least that's what I'm hoping for. 

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

I have a feeling that if the whole "Predator 2.0" is true, I think just a placement holder for the "Super" Predators we seen in Predators. If anything, if this movie does include them and actually makes an interesting expansion on the lore to how and why they are "super", as Predators failed to do, then I can get behind this.

Plus I don't understand the whole "bigger is better" thing they got for the "Predator 2.0" if its true or whatever. Why would the Preds need to make such a thing? They are already much stronger, faster, and technologically advanced to face almost anything. They are hunter-warriors, why need this?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 14, 2017, 01:44:47 AM
Plus I don't understand the whole "bigger is better" thing they got for the "Predator 2.0" if its true or whatever. Why would the Preds need to make such a thing? They are already much stronger, faster, and technologically advanced to face almost anything. They are hunter-warriors, why need this?

Precisely why I am not too happy about hearing about the Predator 2.0 thing, assuming if that's at all kept. They're already formidable as it is, and scary as it is because of what they are already capable of. Something which Rodriguez and company didn't get when they were making PREDATORS.

I haven't said anything bad about the movie, haven't said anything about it in two years considering news about it has been scant-- and I don't intend on saying anything bad about it like I did with PREDATORS in the beginning of production for that movie. But I'm already getting some heat about the Predator 2.0 because some fans see no issue with it. Here's the thing which, I don't think they're seeing, and you perfectly addressed it in your post. You hit all the points I've been trying to say.

Bigger doesn't mean better.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Feb 14, 2017, 01:44:47 AM

I have a feeling that if the whole "Predator 2.0" is true, I think just a placement holder for the "Super" Predators we seen in Predators. If anything, if this movie does include them and actually makes an interesting expansion on the lore to how and why they are "super", as Predators failed to do, then I can get behind this.

I agree that bigger doesn't mean better.

For all we know, Predator kids could kick our asses.  :laugh:

Anyway, this Predator 2.0, I have a feeling that it's not a "super predator" (like Berserker).

I think this Predator is similar to Wolf, a cleaner of sorts. He is sent to come and retrieve the stolen technology. The reason they send him is because, like it's said, he's genetically modified and no doubt a Predator version of a spec ops.

By this point, we're clearly an advanced species ourselves so I don't see why they won't send something else to ensure the highest chance of succeeding in retrieving the stolen tech. This thing must've been made by Predators to be a warrior to combat retribution from other species and ensure they don't catch up technologically with the hunters. (If you're gonna hunt intelligent races, might as well be prepared for it.)

For all we know, the reason 2.0 is 10 feet tall, is because he was likely designed to combat huge things himself. He comes to Earth perhaps because he's the closest to the Sol system at the time? I don't know.

Anyway, I'm just going to wait and see how this goes. I do like that they're adding some diversity and variety. I hope it'll play out well on film.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

It's called just doing something new and refreshing. James Cameron created a 16 foot tall Queen Alien. That's a huge difference from the 8 foot original Alien. Besides 10 feet isn't too much taller then the 7-8 foot Predators we all know and love. I think it would be pretty cool seeing a 10 foot huge Predator beast.

And the Queen Alien has become a fan favorite and iconic so maybe that will be the case here with this new Predator.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR on Feb 14, 2017, 03:17:40 AM
It's called just doing something new and refreshing. James Cameron created a 16 foot tall Queen Alien. That's a huge difference from the 8 foot original Alien. Besides 10 feet isn't too much taller then the 7-8 foot Predators we all know and love. I think it would be pretty cool seeing a 10 foot huge Predator beast.

And the Queen Alien has become a fan favorite and iconic so maybe that will be the case here with this new Predator.

Exactly, in the Rage War novels, Predators were described as 9 feet tall. Some of the comics display them as massive as well. Even in the Concrete Jungle game, Scarface is pretty huge, probably an 8 foot tall one.

This one's probably 11 or 12 feet tall... (to be honest, I'm not really good with the feet measurement thing. But I'm sure Predator 2.0 is not that far off from the one in this comic panel below.)

dallevalle

dallevalle

sounds like bullshit to me but whatever cant be worse than avp XD
disgusting predator's

CainsSon

CainsSon

I don't get it with the Predator franchise.
The first film is so great but, it's as if no one who watches it, and then attempts to write another film, can recall what made the film and it's monster interesting.

The solution is hunting. What do humans do to hunt. That's the type of set up to address in sequels. I dont think we should get to know or see anything that has to do with the Predators themselves unless a human being is placed in that position.
What types of scenarios do humans have set up to hunt? Take that, spin it on it's head, and that's the key to a good Predator film.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 14, 2017, 05:16:10 AM
This one's probably 11 or 12 feet tall... (to be honest, I'm not really good with the feet measurement thing. But I'm sure Predator 2.0 is not that far off from the one in this comic panel below.)

The thing is with comics, they're stylized and there supposed to have a sense of being dynamic. They exaggerate a lot to convey this dynamism. Sure, you could argue that the comic does have a more realistic art style considering the context of a comic, and the fact that it's told in the form of a journal entry and likely imagined in the mind of the character who is reading it, things are going to be exaggerated.

I mean hell, look at the numerous depictions of Venom-- some artist draw him as being 6 to 8 feet-- and some go completely off the wall by having him be up to ten, eleven, twelve.. sometimes twenty feet to really get across that he's a threat to Spider-Man or anyone else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed