Why WY established colony on LV-426 without investigating Derelict ship?

Started by Ingwar, Jan 17, 2017, 10:32:43 PM

Author
Why WY established colony on LV-426 without investigating Derelict ship? (Read 25,578 times)

SM

QuoteWhat makes you think that might of been the plan?

Wild guess.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Feb 02, 2017, 10:13:17 PM
Dunno if there are any synthetics at this point.

Really? There's nothing that indicates they were all wiped out. At least, not that I remember. I know the Auton's were recalled because of their "personality" problems, but... Was the novel more specific on that point?

cliffhanger

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 02, 2017, 10:13:52 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 02, 2017, 08:59:10 PM
If Fox come out and change things (which might've been the plan with Blomkamp) all well and good.

What makes you think that might of been the plan?

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 02, 2017, 10:10:25 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 02, 2017, 07:50:26 PM
200 years later, perhaps it remained under strict quarantine and even the Auriga couldn't go there.

They're a black project. They have no qualms about cloning humans, experimenting on dangerous alien DNA, kidnapping and experimenting on innocent laborers... They can, technically speaking, do whatever they want. You can't tell me they couldn't send out a retrieval team with special equipment, or that it wouldn't be easier to get their hands on some synthetics to go out there and get an egg from the derelict if it was still there.

I'm sure they would if they thought they could get away with it.

thank you there for that image. yeah, cool. i did wonder whether the derelict is 'transported' somewhere or whether the facility is built 'around it'.

now that i think of it, wasnt in the 1997(?) Aliens VS Predator [loved that game and the tension of the radar bleeps] partially set in a environment where there was a facility built around the derelict?

Local Trouble

Another possibility is that the Sulaco was equipped with automated picket drones that could be deployed as satellites around a quarantined planet.  These drones would then both transmit a warning beacon and report any violations of the quarantine back to the network.

In lieu of nuking the planet from orbit, maybe Bishop was able to assure Ripley that the company would never be able to plunder the derelict without exposing themselves.

SM

SM

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 02, 2017, 10:19:53 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 02, 2017, 10:13:17 PM
Dunno if there are any synthetics at this point.

Really? There's nothing that indicates they were all wiped out. At least, not that I remember. I know the Auton's were recalled because of their "personality" problems, but... Was the novel more specific on that point?

'Autons were meant to revitalise the synthetic industry; instead they buried it.'

Quotenow that i think of it, wasnt in the 1997(?) Aliens VS Predator [loved that game and the tension of the radar bleeps] partially set in a environment where there was a facility built around the derelict?

That games was set in 2154, ten years after the Hadley's Hope incident, while also being set 25 years before the Hadley's Hope incident.

Thus proving time travel.

It was destroyed at the end of that game.
And it was destroyed again in the Earth War comics.
But not destroyed in Aliens : Infestation.  It was also repaired of the volcanic damage that occurred before the Jordens found it.
Then it was broken again in A:CM.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Cliffhanger:  You are correct.  The 1999 AvP had environments based in a research facility built around the Derelict as well as inside the Derelict.

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall 1996's Alien Trilogy having a Derelict themed research facility as well.

SM:  Funny thing about the research facility and Derelict levels in A:CM... those are my favorite levels in the entire game.  Don't ask me why... couldn't explain it.  But ya... there you go.  Someone has something positive to say about A:CM

SM

There were a few fun bits in A:CM that just revolved around shooting Aliens.  Unfortunately there were just a few.

Forgot about the Derelict in Alien Trilogy - not only was it destroyed, so was the entire planet.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Sad thing about A:CM for me is I try to play it once or twice a year... figure play it and enjoy the story as a fun what-if scenario.  Each time... i make it about half way through the first level and then I uninstall it in disgust and/or boredom.

OpenMaw

Incidentally, there is a lab early on in the first level of the marine campaign. The commander assures you that the eggs are sterilized.

Now, I wonder if that means they were actively sterilized by WY, or if they were brought out of the ship in that condition? Just an interesting side note.

Local Trouble

Buncha A:CM lovers in this thread.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 03, 2017, 12:37:48 AM

It's okay LT, I hate it with a blinding fury.

SM

No need for name calling.

oberonqa

Just because I said one nice thing doesn't mean I love it...

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 02, 2017, 10:56:47 PMThat games was set in 2154, ten years after the Hadley's Hope incident, while also being set 25 years before the Hadley's Hope incident.

Thus proving time travel.

It was destroyed at the end of that game.
And it was destroyed again in the Earth War comics.
But not destroyed in Aliens : Infestation.  It was also repaired of the volcanic damage that occurred before the Jordens found it.
Than it was broken again in A:CM.

Xenomrph can make it all fit.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 02, 2017, 08:59:10 PM
Weyland Yutani Report - S.D. Perry

QuoteDespite the best efforts of the Colonial Marines and the
direct management of a Weyland-Yutani executive, poor
leadership and inexperience doomed the rescue mission from
the outset. Regrettably, the hive and the Weyland-Yutani
colony were vaporized by the meltdown of the processor,
costing the Company billions of dollars. The derelict craft
was rendered nonviable for further specimen collection.
I'm not seeing where this paragraph says it was specifically nonviable for the Auriga, as Xenomrph claims ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed