xeno vs neo

Started by juxtapose, Jan 07, 2017, 12:27:33 PM

Which new alien are you more looking forward to and excited about. . The classic xeno. .or the new neo. .

The Neomorph
21 (42%)
Classic Xenomorph
29 (58%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author
xeno vs neo (Read 8,978 times)

juxtapose

juxtapose

I love the fact that alien covenant will have not one but at least 2 different types of alien. .the neomorph i think is closely related. .the neomorph an almost neanderthal version of the xeno. . So i am even more wary of these new neo's. . We have not encountered them before , we dont know what to expect till we see them in action. .

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

well one might argue that in prometheus, the infected crewmembers that were transforming essentially were 'new' species too - we haven't seen them before. offcourse dr holloway was burnt before he could advance enough, but he felt he was going down a very bad route. the other crewmember - fifield - was quite more advanced, and his ability to put his arms and legs in a very awkward position was.....interesting. his face was also transforming, being blind in one eye and the other still having sight. he had quite the strenght, yet still posessed a certain human element, in using environment materials to his advantages, as grabbing an axe and slamming it in a crewmembers' spine. he had superior strenght and smashed a face to pulp. jumped crazy far, withstand fire for a good amount of time untill getting driven over a few times before he was crushed to death.

he was rather a good size bigger too. i always wondered exactly what he was transforming into : 'there was no tail growing - yet. was he becoming a deacon? a neomorph? i think the latter could be possible, after all, the neomorph was originally intended to be in prometheus but never got used.

sure, the neomorph presumably is birthed from the spine of an infected crewmember, so it's growth process is vastly different.
i would have enjoyed seeing a fully transformed event. i dont think that's in covenant, unfortunately.

in any case, i'd say i'm curious about the neomorph, though i'm a bit 'scared' too.
scared that it's going to be a lame badly executed hideous disgusting awkward thing, ala newborn from alien resurecction.
i hated that one to the bone.

the leaked images seen so far are interesting though.

as for the classic xeno; it seems its different too, and not the alien we know yet, more a pre-version as it seems more biological, but let's wait it out.
haven't seen enough of it yet. it's also suggested the neomorph could eventually transform into the xeno we know; in the leaked images we see a half-destroyed mouth/lips, so perhaps the grey/white skin wears off and eventually it turns blackish.

then again, a crewmember gets facehugged so i'm rather confident itll grow a chestburster and thus a classic alien probably.

we'll see.

i think i must say i'm most curious about the neomorph. as for excitement? the classic xeno : just please paint it as an intelligent alien lifeform, not a brainless, hive-controlled animal like aliens started out with, and the remainder made worse.

i do believe the neomorph will be super scary though.
perhaps we'll learn how the aliens in aliens were able to get between the walls/ceilings; if they perhaps are able to morph somehow.

Infected

Infected

Im curious if the neomorph has the same extended mouth as the Deacon, or will it have the nasty extended teeth of the xenomorph as we know it.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

looks not like it's gonna have deacon-features.

rabidranger

rabidranger

Isn't there a spoiler that indicates that David can communicate/control the neomorphs or was that debunked?

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Infected on Jan 07, 2017, 01:04:13 PM
Im curious if the neomorph has the same extended mouth as the Deacon, or will it have the nasty extended teeth of the xenomorph as we know it.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Just don't be like Batman and Robin.
Introducing too many characters. And thinning out the franchise for the sake of zero reason at all.

Alien is the perfect organism. Why have an imperfect neo?

Or are they going to use "bullet-time" when the NEO attacks.
A la Matrix. 

Oy vey

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I voted Classic Xenomorph because while I am very interested in seeing the Neomorph, the Xenos last outing was terrible and they need to be redeemed, so I would like to that the most.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

The classic all the way. Hopefully it's spoon fed like Big Chap from the original, the fleeting glimpses were mesmerising. I don't care if it's not new or original. The most exciting part of Jurassic World was seeing the T Rex unleashed. Happy memories and thrills blended into one.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Looking forward to see Neomorphs. I don't think we gonna see classic Xeno in A:C.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 07, 2017, 06:39:59 PM
Looking forward to see Neomorphs. I don't think we gonna see classic Xeno in A:C.

You did see the trailer right?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 07, 2017, 06:41:37 PM

I did and it's not classic Xenomorph as we know it. It's proto-Xenomorph (Primal Xenomorph if you prefer). It's Xenomorph without mechanical parts. Pure bio.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 07, 2017, 06:49:28 PM

I did and it's not classic Xenomorph as we know it. It's proto-Xenomorph (Primal Xenomorph if you prefer). It's Xenomorph without mechanical parts. Pure bio.

Do you have a source for that?
Because I saw eggs (admittedly they were different), facehuggers and a drone which we only see the head and tail of so we can't tell if it has no biomechanical parts or not.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 07, 2017, 06:53:12 PM

Because I saw eggs (admittedly they were different), facehuggers and a drone which we only see the head and tail of so we can't tell if it has no biomechanical parts or not.

Source? I've read about it on this website: www.avpgalaxy.net ;)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 07, 2017, 06:55:59 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 07, 2017, 06:53:12 PM

Source? I've read about it on this website: www.avpgalaxy.net ;)

So just speculation and opinion then... :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed