Were the Arcturians species created by the Engineers?

Started by Astronoë, Jan 06, 2017, 01:11:50 AM

Author
Were the Arcturians species created by the Engineers? (Read 3,493 times)

Infected

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2017, 10:57:28 AM
https://monsterlegacy.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/moebiusthing.jpg

Here's your Acturian -

QuoteThe creature designers were also influenced by artist Jean Giraud (best known as Moebius)'s illustrations for a comic strip, The Long Tomorrow, written by Dan O'Bannon and published in 1975. Specifically, what served as an inspiration was an extraterrestrial shapeshifter being, an 'Arcturian', previously disguised as a woman, which attacks one of the characters in a sequence.

https://monsterlegacy.net/2013/03/04/prometheus-trilobite-deacon/
So all of a sudden the Thing is in Aliens?

Astronoë

Here's your Acturian -

QuoteThe creature designers were also influenced by artist Jean Giraud (best known as Moebius)'s illustrations for a comic strip, The Long Tomorrow, written by Dan O'Bannon and published in 1975. Specifically, what served as an inspiration was an extraterrestrial shapeshifter being, an 'Arcturian', previously disguised as a woman, which attacks one of the characters in a sequence.

I think that's their imagination going too far n I doubt any movie maker would accept that...thing..as cannon..

OpenMaw

Er, why? What's wrong with it exactly?

Valaquen

Quote from: Astronoë on Jan 06, 2017, 01:22:40 PM

Here's your Acturian -

I think that's their imagination going too far n I doubt any movie maker would accept that...thing..as cannon..

It's just an easter egg. Canon shouldn't been such a concern.

I see the EU, as ever, just ran with it... to obvious results  ::).

cliffhanger

arcturians can't be anything but humans, and as mentioned above, probably something like thai ladyboy stuff.

after all, when the colonial marines wake up from hypersleep, they mention about ripley

"apperently, she saw an alien once"
to which another respond:
"well whoopdief*ckingdoo, im impressed"

they do mention about 'bughunts',
so they probably have seen some big bugs, obviously on other planets.

i guess it's safe to say they never encountered any aliens for real, any non-human species up untill then.

during the board meeting after all, the ECA rep says the following:

"To be perfectly frank, we've surveyed over three hundred worlds and no one's ever reported a creature which, using
your words.....'gestates in a living human host' and has 'concentrated molecular acid  for blood.'"

in the full script, they mention at LV-426 they did mention lifeforms but it was a virus (which is interesting alltogether).

one has to assume thus that they're not encountered an alien species, to be honest.
the portrayal of the story now thanks to prometheus and covenant will make that board full of it, as we can be sure that
weyland-yutani sent the vessel delibaretely to that direction, and put ash alongside to retrieve alien specimen.
they were aware of the existance, which is probably why it's so interesting to them - they have simply never ran into aliens.

SM

Quoteso they probably have seen some big bugs, obviously on other planets.

i guess it's safe to say they never encountered any aliens for real, any non-human species up untill then.

So they've encountered bugs on other planets - but not non-human species?

cliffhanger

i don't think so, they never encountered a species like that, and anything alien thus is described as bugs, which doesnt really sound alien, but possibly just really big insects. perhaps flaura and fauna like on earth, just...bigger.

and i've probably chose wrong words there. meant to say, they never encountered anything non-known to say. any human lifeforms are probably humans that 'colonized' the areas.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: SM on Jan 06, 2017, 10:14:50 PM
Quoteso they probably have seen some big bugs, obviously on other planets.

So they've encountered bugs on other planets - but not non-human species?

I think he means non humandoid or not sentient.

As for what I think for the question at hand.

I'm thinking Arcturians might be sex robots of some sort. Or perhaps a very human like species that is hermaphroditic and the one Frost was with was a bit more masculine...

Astronoë

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 06, 2017, 08:37:42 PM

Because humans would find out eventually n no more seksi times.

Also shape-shifting is such a super-advanced ability, it's feels like too fantastical, way more than Xenomorphs even...

OpenMaw

Quote from: Astronoë on Jan 07, 2017, 03:12:11 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 06, 2017, 08:37:42 PM

Because humans would find out eventually n no more seksi times.

Also shape-shifting is such a super-advanced ability, it's feels like too fantastical, way more than Xenomorphs even...

Unless humans did know, and they just don't care in the future.

Dude, we have terrestrial life that can pull that off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed