Alien: Covenant - Philosophy, Mythology, Religion... still there

Started by Enoch, Dec 30, 2016, 02:09:00 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Philosophy, Mythology, Religion... still there (Read 3,862 times)

DorkiDori

Enoch, your observations are lending credence to my idea that the scene being referred to above is infact a dream sequence. white is color associated with innocence, being untouched, cleanliness and divinity. That entire scene really looks like David may just be dreaming about his "father" Weyland and he is the "boy" (innocence in white).

Ingwar

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 30, 2016, 07:19:50 PM
No harm done however we interpret movie details, Ingwar  ;)

Cloak is for the weather obviously, but at the same time it could bear a lot
of symbolical meanings... Cloak is a disguise, to dissimulate evil and may be worn by Satan.

Satan? Cloaks are worn by monks and priests. Jesus and disciples wore cloaks. It doesn't proof anything.

echobbase79

Doesn't David have long hair in certain parts of the movie? Kind of reminds me of an angel.

Even though in other scenes it's obvious it's shorter.

Enoch

Enoch

Yes, David has a longer hair during that cloak/hood scene from the trailer.
Its probably at the very beginning of the movie. He changed his hair after
that.

Ingwar

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 30, 2016, 08:15:39 PM
that.

Can synthetic grow hair? :)

Enoch

Ask Michael Fassbender or Ridley.

Ingwar

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 30, 2016, 08:27:09 PM
Ask Michael Fassbender or Ridley.

I wish I could.

echobbase79

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 30, 2016, 08:25:16 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Dec 30, 2016, 08:15:39 PM
that.

Can synthetic grow hair? :)

That's a good point. None of the synthetics have had long hair. At least in the movies.

But I don't see why not. Maybe that's something the company built into their systems to make them more life like.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

If the dude eats and highlights his hair regularly to maintain the color then I'm pretty certain that hair of his is real. I mean how could it be possible that a society that achieves FTL, curing 98% of cancer and the putting of cats in space be unable to have cured balding? There's state of the art tech at work here . :P

Oh and Ridley will totally hit it on the nose with religion this time. How do I know this? Cause that was what he wanted to do in Prometheus before being talked out of it.

echobbase79

I'd love to see this video done with David's creepy voice.  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NylTt9m7U8

DorkiDori

obviously Davids hair grows... he was bleaching his roots in Prometheus ;)

Enoch

Enoch

Speaking about philosophy and undertones in Covenant, we completely forgot to
discuss the possible meaning of Covenant/ Ark of Covenant in this Alien movie, especially
now when we have more knowledge about the overall story.

Is this Covenant in fact an alliance between David and Xenomporhs... How to connect
the whole hidden story of Covenant with that of Prometheus? There is obviously hidden
story about Satan/Prometheus/God and the fall of Humans in this movies...

ECLIPSE

If the Engineers from the Prometheus (not those from the beginning)  are
the bad guys... what the hell happened to them before they left for Earth?
There are some bursted bodies on LV-223 and yet, the goo alone can not cause that.
so they must have been infected/impregnated in some other way.

Scene before the planet/ship/eclipse shoot.

Quote"The most primitive and fundamental of all symbols is the dot." — Manly P. Hall; Lectures on Ancient Philosophycircumpunct
The ancient symbol known as the dot in the circle, circled dot, circle with a point, or a circumpunct, is one of the oldest symbols known to humans.
According to Gnostics, it is the most primal aspect of God. To Greek philosophers and the Pythagoreans, the circumpunct represents God, or the Monad - the point of the beginning of creation, and eternity. It is the sun of astrologers and astronomers; the alchemical gold of the alchemist, and the Keter of the Kabbalah.
The circle around the dot is the universe or world in which we live. A blank canvas to draw from the circle that which we wish to create. A place to also retreat back from the world when things in life get too chaotic. Erase our problems in 'order' to have a clean slate. In a sense, redeeem our souls.
As you can see, the circumpunct is a symbol that can help evolve our souls to become truly illuminated. An enlightened soul who is "I AM."

More at: http://gnosticwarrior.com/circumpunct.html

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed