‘Deadpool’ Visual Effects Supervisor Jonathan Rothbart Doing ‘The Predator’ Next

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 18, 2016, 01:38:55 PM

Author
‘Deadpool’ Visual Effects Supervisor Jonathan Rothbart Doing ‘The Predator’ Next (Read 3,946 times)

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 20, 2016, 07:01:45 PM
Incredible over-reaction there, Spirit.  :laugh: All films like this have a vfx supervisor and it doesn't equate to CGI Predator.  :laugh: Let's take a stepback. This isn't IMDB. It's completely standard fair. We already know ADI are working practical Predator effects on the film.

Better showing that you don't want to see partial cgi predators before it's made Hicks.I guess tyou remember what
we had to do to avoid black/purple predator blood in the last movie.
IMDB is just good to read for a laugh as there are only lunatics/liars out there. :)

SiL

Cloaked Predators are regularly CGI. The only CGI enhancements the Super Predators had were weapons, cloaks and gore.

OmegaZilla

I think there was a little bit of eye enhancement as well, but don't quote me on that. Not 100% sure

SiL

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the eyes in computer. Scleral lenses are notoriously unpleasant and it really makes no sense to risk someone's eyes if you can just CG it.

goose_3387

The CGI Predator blood in Predators was terrible. Hopefully the budget is bigger for the fx team.

HuDaFuK

Lol @ people shitting kittens because a film that will inevitably feature special effects has just cast a special effects supervisor.

It does't mean the Predator is going to be exclusively CGI.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2016, 11:12:41 AM
Lol @ people shitting kittens because a film that will inevitably feature special effects has just cast a special effects supervisor.

Sure thing but it doesn't mean that they won't do it this time, Better safe than sorry ;)

Corporal Hicks

I'm going to be more sad if they don't have Ian Whyte inside the suit.

overthere

Not just the Predator as a character, but whatever happens in an action movie, especially in one involving an alien, automatically requires special effects.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Nov 21, 2016, 01:31:32 PM

Sure thing but it doesn't mean that they won't do it this time, Better safe than sorry ;)

Yes panicking is super safe

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed