Started by whiterabbit, Oct 07, 2016, 12:33:04 PM

Alien vs Predator: Which is the better Predator

Alien
Marine
Predator
About equal
Unfair comprasion (explain in thread)
Author
Alien vs Predator: Which is the better Predator (Read 5,874 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Alright, between the Alien and the Predator; which one is really the better predatory species.

Being an alien fan, I'm going to go with the Alien species. However the Predator is called the Predator for a reason. So how can it lose?

Oh and it's with weapons or without, each species has it's advantage and technology is one of them. I added the marines since somebody has to be stuck in the middle.

The Alien Predator

The Predators are called the galaxy's ultimate hunters for a reason. They have an advantage over aliens because they can go to your homeworld to hunt you, while the Alien either has to be taken by you or by something else on a spaceship to your homeworld.

Quarantine them on abandoned worlds or moons and they're actually really harmless.

Predators? They'll just chase you across space on their own craft. They're always ahead technologically, even in the far future of this franchise we still lag a bit behind them in some technologies.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The predators pose a greater existential threat to humanity than the aliens do.  I don't care what Ripley thinks, the aliens aren't The Thing.

If the predators ever wanted to wipe us out, I don't see how we could stop them.  Although it would be glorious to see fleets of Conestogas versus fleets of predator ships in a giant space battle.

The Alien Predator

Exactly, can Aliens do these?

Or make explosions the size of countries/continents?

There's a reason Predator youngsters hunt Aliens as a rite of passage.

I love how Aliens are treated as a civilization ending threat, but they've never managed to end human or Predator civilization. They even infested Earth and still failed to wipe us out, also we took Earth back.

If Yautja or Hish wanted to, they could wipe us out. I remember hearing the Hish-qu-Ten had a ship weapon that could wipe out all life on a planet. Yautja in Rage Wars kick Alien ass so hard once they're ready for it.

Clearly the predator with technology will always trump a wild beast. Humans are a prime example of this in real life compared to anything else that could threaten us individually, could never do so as a species because we're better with our tools.

The main reasons Aliens are so widespread and successful are:

1: They spread fast and come in large numbers.

2: Other species spread them around, mostly the better predators (aka Predators  :P) are to blame for this due to their seeding of worlds for hunts.

3: They're an invasive species. Look on Earth, more often than not, an invasive species proves to be disastrous to native local life. (And this species still couldn't wipe us out when invading Earth, so it kinda puts their "deadliness" into question compared to us. Even WE are better "predators" due to our tools and intelligence.)

One thing that really bumps Aliens down is that they're constantly outsmarted and beaten by one human female. I think Ripley's overestimating them. XD

At least the Predators didn't suffer such humiliation, they face a variety of opponents, kill tons and lose to a badass.  :P

Honestly, Aliens in the Rage War are the deadliest version of the Xenomorph I have ever scene.

Why?

Because they're guided by better, smarter, tool using predators!  :)

Local Trouble

The aliens are also severely hamstrung by their reliance on other species for reproduction.  While that might be fine for a biological weapon that was engineered to depopulate an ecosystem and then die out, it doesn't do the aliens themselves much good.

whiterabbit

All good points, however the alien species also includes the predalien, of which Predators seem to have a difficult time handling. Also talk about Alien reproductive nature being a hamstring; I'll counter with the Predator's hunting code. I think that washes it out.

Why they don't just wipe out entire worlds... no one, aside from humans would do that. Predators are hunters, they clearly have a code, why vaporize perfectly great game and territory for no reason. The Predator also seem to be a nomadic species and may not be interested in ruling anything.

Also, we've only seen aliens that have been alive for a short time, few weeks at most. In the movies. They seem to learn as they go and I doubt they've been wiped out at all. The universe is a big place. There is a reasonable chance that an intelligent Alien cast exist. Complete with tools and knowledge. Of course hard to debate that until we see it in Covenant. :P

Still I see that the similarities to humans are once again appearing in relationship to the Predator. Still as far as the Predator Universe goes, it is interesting to think about a universe where there are multiple intelligent species out there but not a one of them wants anything to do with us. In other fictional universes, star wars, star trek etc, most races integrate over all for beneficial reason or because they have no choice in the matter. The Predator's are just out there. Their not out to conquer or exterminate man but still view us as a worthy challenger. It's sort of like respect but served cold.

Local Trouble

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 07, 2016, 08:59:51 PMAlso talk about Alien reproductive nature being a hamstring; I'll counter with the Predator's hunting code. I think that washes it out.

I don't know much about their hunting code, but I'll go out on a limb and assume that the predators can choose whether or not they adhere to it.  If their civilization actually went to war with humanity, I doubt they'd be stupid enough to treat it like one of their hunts.

g2vd

Yeah, the Predator wins...well actually more like Curbstomps in that category. lol.

*Sigh* If only the Xenos were like the Tyranids.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 07, 2016, 10:20:10 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 07, 2016, 08:59:51 PMAlso talk about Alien reproductive nature being a hamstring; I'll counter with the Predator's hunting code. I think that washes it out.

I don't know much about their hunting code, but I'll go out on a limb and assume that the predators can choose whether or not they adhere to it.  If their civilization actually went to war with humanity, I doubt they'd be stupid enough to treat it like one of their hunts.

Indeed, I remember a part in AvP War, showing them cleansing a hive with Burners, and a quote saying "during war, there are no rules."

And yes, the Predators do choose to follow the rules. Dachande had to stop some Yautja from killing a family and their pet dog!

In Predator: Incursion, a Yautja was about to kill a father and his kids but a Colonial Marine killed it first and died in the process.

They are not a unified people and don't all follow the same rules. Even after Kalakta's peace treaty with humans, there were still reports of Yautja attacks happening.

Plus remember the Killer Clan? They also had Aliens under their control. They had no rules, just go and slaughter things.

There's a couple of times in the EU that some human characters say we're "lucky" that they only wish to hunt us and not conquer us.

Local Trouble

Quote from: g2vd on Oct 07, 2016, 10:51:17 PM
Yeah, the Predator wins...well actually more like Curbstomps in that category. lol.

Indeed...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 05, 2016, 06:19:27 PM
It also occurred to me that, given what we've seen so far, the aliens might actually inherit the knowledge of their hosts and thereby learn how to create technology of their own.  Just imagine that for a moment. 

They could wind up being even more like the Formics from Ender's Game or the Tyranids from Warhammer 40k.  Having the capability to travel the stars under their own power would make the aliens far more frightening than they are now since they'd no longer be at the mercy of more advanced species to spread throughout the universe.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 07, 2016, 10:59:29 PM
Quote from: g2vd on Oct 07, 2016, 10:51:17 PM

Indeed...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 05, 2016, 06:19:27 PM
It also occurred to me that, given what we've seen so far, the aliens might actually inherit the knowledge of their hosts and thereby learn how to create technology of their own.  Just imagine that for a moment. 

They could wind up being even more like the Formics from Ender's Game or the Tyranids from Warhammer 40k.  Having the capability to travel the stars under their own power would make the aliens far more frightening than they are now since they'd no longer be at the mercy of more advanced species to spread throughout the universe.

Da Ork Boyz krump your puny bug tingiez!

Can you imagine if we were to merge Xenomorph, Tyranid, Flood, Zerg, Arachnid (Starship Troopers) and Ork into one monstrosity? And make this monstrosity an entire race?

g2vd

It would still be nothing compared to a Water Bug Xeno.

My God that thing would be unkillable

Though a Ewok Xeno would probably be worse. :laugh:

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 07, 2016, 11:07:59 PMCan you imagine if we were to merge Xenomorph, Tyranid, Flood, Zerg, Arachnid (Starship Troopers) and Ork into one monstrosity? And make this monstrosity an entire race?

The Orks don't really seem to fit into that group.

The Alien Predator

I know, but they'd add to the deadliness due to their reproduction via fungal spores each time they're killed.

Local Trouble

What about Yauuuuuuuuuuutja versus Adeptus Astartes?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed