Bishop Did It and here's the proof ^^

Started by whiterabbit, Sep 12, 2016, 12:51:33 PM

Author
Bishop Did It and here's the proof ^^ (Read 10,021 times)

Kel G 426

I guess they have the instinct to sneak around if they're not within striking distance.  It's a similar situation in Alien³ when the hugger in the EEV doesn't attack the prisoners; it waits and attacks the dog later.

Xenomania

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 20, 2016, 03:40:07 PM
I find it interesting that the facehuggers didn't strike while Ripley and Newt were both sleeping.
To quote Dutch, "No sport". ;)

But I suppose they were just drowsy if Bishop had put them in some sort of statis, like whiterabbit said.

gold

gold

Ofcourse Bishop did it. It near enough says so in the Colonial Marines Technical Manual (Science Division D15 modified Bishop).

From CMTM (discussing the Bishop 341-B synthetic onboard Sulacos' remains):

"PLAYBACK DD/ cont// ref 17:10:28

"This is very strange, Leigh."
"Hmm? What have you come up with?"
"Look at the android data we captured here. All we received, more or less, were the android logs - all it saw or heard or downloaded; but this comes with a lot of contextual and semantic baggage - code from the operating system. It looks really odd - I've tried running it through ERAP, but my computers just can't make head nor tail of it."
" A custom mod?"
"More than that.This was one very special android. Just look at these responses — this thing was a lot smarter than your usual synthetic; it was making up some of its own emotional responses to events."
"Well, it's a company-built machine. I would have been surprised if it didn't have something buried deep in the system."
"Yeah, but this is more than that — there are these weird reactions to Ripley-"

I think I finally figured out why they added that section to the Technical Manual. It never made sense to me before.
If I'm right, it does now.

Also from the CMTM:

"Rumiko, have you read this?"
"Yes, I had the testimony downloaded to my terminal." "Where in hell did they get this from?"
"I do not know. Science Division are saying they have a new data source. They are holding back until the bonus situation is cleared."

The datasource is Sulaco's 341-B Bishop.

The "strange reactions" mentioned in the CMTM (above) were because 341-B's  "behavioral inhibitors" were conflicting with the "custom chip". The strange, own emotional responses towards Ripley were because it knew the truth. It knew the ultimate aim of Science Division and was actively taking part in the deception with Burke. It was trying (and EVENTUALLY succeeded) to impregnate Ripley. Hence the above paragraphs in the CMTM.

In fact, the Sulaco Bishop synthetic, 341-B, ITSELF smuggled the alien facehugger onboard the Sulaco into the hypersleep chambers.

- It's WHY it was "late" to pick up Ripley and Newt from the processor, NOT because it had to "circle around because the platform was getting unstable".

- It's WHY the CMTM mentioned it had a unique custom chip installed by an unknown party and strange, conflicted reactions towards Ripley.

- It's WHY it had no problem nuking the atmospheric processor.

- It's WHY it lied to Ripley on Fiorina and made no mention of the Legato docking, Hicks, Stone, etc.

- It's WHY the Patna (real Bishop) travels straight to F161 in the canon.

- It's WHY Andrews' message gets such a quick reply from the Patna regarding Ripley, they knew and were enroute.

If you want to know the truth about Bishop and WY, read my last post on this page (3rd post from the bottom):

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55278.0

Local Trouble

Quote from: gold on Sep 20, 2016, 05:17:23 PM
Ofcourse Bishop did it. It near enough says so in the Colonial Marines Technical Manual (Science Division D15 modified Bishop).

whiterabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 20, 2016, 03:40:07 PM
I find it interesting that the facehuggers didn't strike while Ripley and Newt were both sleeping.
That 's because they likely were still sedated when Burke dumped them into the room. Bishop did tell Ripley that Burke gave him orders that they were to be prepped for cryosleep for travel back to the company labs. This would also explain how Burke got out of the room without being facehugged himself.

Local Trouble

Since when can the aliens be sedated?

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Valaquen on Sep 12, 2016, 06:10:08 PM
People trying to turn Bishop into a secret villain is so weird.

Didn't Cameron specifically say it was his intention to make Bishop look like was acting shady the entire movie, but by the end of the movie you realize he is a honest and good Android?... It kinda goes against his character. Androids can't be re-programmed on the spot or forced to do an action that will harm or cause harm to Humans, letting out the Facehuggers would go against Bishops Programming.

Maybe Burke just loosened the holding jars enough so that when the Facehugger moves within the Glass Container it will knock it over. Think about it like unscrewing a few bolts on a Jet Engine's Jet. Same results.

Xenomania

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 20, 2016, 08:56:21 PM
Since when can the aliens be sedated?
Well, Bishop did study the hugger for quite a while. And since he talks about stasis later on, I'd assume there was a way to make the huggers more docile from what they were previously. Not trying to make Bishop into a villain, just saying. ;)

Although all this talk has made me wonder how the colonists managed to trap multiple alive facehuggers in canisters in the first place.

Local Trouble

Bishop dissected a dead one.

Xenomania

Xenomania

True. But I'm sure he still found it useful. ;) And since the colonists did manage to remove and trap facehuggers, maybe they had left useful notes so Bishop didn't have to start from scratch.

whiterabbit

Well if they weren't sedated... then what were they doing? I don't see facehuggers cruising around talking stories and thinking to themselves, wouldn't it be more fun to wait until they wake up. No sport if they're sleeping. :P

windebieste

Machines don't have a conscience.  They can only follow instructions. 

Which leads to the question: Is it possible Burke provided an override to Bishop's programming to collect the eggs?  Possibly.  We know that Bishop was following Burke's instructions when the android was analysing the dead facehuggers.  Was this also an override to Bishop's safety protocols; which he delivers as a 'sincere' attempt to ease Ripley early in the movie? 

I think it depends on how you look at it.  Bishop perceived the dead facehuggers as harmless yet Ripley demands that they were to be destroyed - now here's the interesting part - Bishop initially protests that Burke was quite adament about keeping the facehuggers.

I don't want to attribute too much to this possibility, as Bishop could quite well be right in their harmless nature, but as the 'authority' on xenobiology, wouldn't Ripley have been consulted by the Android in this regard?  No.  She wasn't.  What's the point of having a 'consultant' on board when they are ignored? 

There's definitely something going on here in regards to Bishop following Burke's commands without seeking further information.  In this regard, Bishop undertook the task without any consultation for human safety suggesting that Burke had overridden some of the Androids 'behavioral inhibitors' as well.

This does open up the possibility that other overrides were also implemented, including commands to physically 'gather specimens'.  As we don't know how influential Burke actually was in Bishops behaviour, this will always be open ended; but as a man with access to so many other confidential WY information, his access to modify Bishop's behavior to suit his own goals is worth considering.

In the end; if the Android did bring the eggs aboard the dropship, it wasn't the Android's fault.  It was just following instructions.

-Windebieste.

SM

SM

QuoteBishop perceived the dead facehuggers as harmless yet Ripley demands that they were to be destroyed - now here's the interesting part - Bishop initially protests that Burke was quite adament about keeping the facehuggers.

Ripley wanted all the specimens destroyed - the live ones and the dead ones.

QuoteThere's definitely something going on here in regards to Bishop following Burke's commands without seeking further information.  In this regard, Bishop undertook the task without any consultation for human safety suggesting that Burke had overridden some of the Androids 'behavioral inhibitors' as well.

Second Law of robotics.  The creatures pose no threat in stasis, therefore the First Law isn't violated.  It's not like Burke and Bishop were trying to keep anything secret.  Bishop gave the info to Ripley freely, and they couldn't exactly load the specimens into the dropship without the others finding out.

Local Trouble

Also, Burke seemed genuinely surprised to discover that Ripley wasn't big on the idea of bringing those specimens back to Earth and getting rich.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed