Telltale Alien or Predator game?

Started by The Alien Predator, Aug 08, 2016, 04:17:57 PM

Should they make one?

Yes
No
Author
Telltale Alien or Predator game? (Read 5,593 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 25, 2017, 11:42:47 AM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 25, 2017, 01:34:52 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 24, 2017, 01:35:31 AM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 23, 2017, 10:15:04 PM
This has potential to be a great idea so count me in.

Hell, thinking about it I wouldn't mind a non canon Predator/The Walking Dead crossover.

Or even a Predator and Batman crossover, like in their first comic together. That was such a great read. It'd be cool to play it in a Batman vs Predator Telltale game.
I've never read it, I always assumed that it would be quite hokey.

The first Batman vs Predator series is actually really really good. Great atmospheric story

Agreed, the first one is the best and the Predator absolutely was kicking Batman's ass in that one.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 25, 2017, 12:36:47 PM

Hell, thinking about it I wouldn't mind a non canon Predator/The Walking Dead crossover.

Or even a Predator and Batman crossover, like in their first comic together. That was such a great read. It'd be cool to play it in a Batman vs Predator Telltale game.

The first Batman vs Predator series is actually really really good. Great atmospheric story

Agreed, the first one is the best and the Predator absolutely was kicking Batman's ass in that one.
Hmm, that doesn't sound too bad.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 25, 2017, 05:13:10 PM

Batman really had to rely on his resources and research to try and overcome the Predator.

From most of the Batman stuff I've seen, Batman is portrayed as some badass who is feared by criminals and always overcomes the more super powered odds.

But to me, this crossover felt that there was a constant danger for Batman. He would've died in his very first encounter with the Predator had he not did a last minute move to get out of the alien's grip and escape in his car to prepare better.

It wasn't even a fight, it was instant ownage in that panel. XD Then the Predator goes around hunting and killing the mafia around Gotham City which was utterly badass.

You should give this crossover a read, it treats itself with respect, and takes itself quite seriously.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 25, 2017, 06:02:51 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 25, 2017, 05:13:10 PM

After hearing what you've just said I think I may well have to.

Batman really had to rely on his resources and research to try and overcome the Predator.

From most of the Batman stuff I've seen, Batman is portrayed as some badass who is feared by criminals and always overcomes the more super powered odds.

But to me, this crossover felt that there was a constant danger for Batman. He would've died in his very first encounter with the Predator had he not did a last minute move to get out of the alien's grip and escape in his car to prepare better.

It wasn't even a fight, it was instant ownage in that panel. XD Then the Predator goes around hunting and killing the mafia around Gotham City which was utterly badass.

You should give this crossover a read, it treats itself with respect, and takes itself quite seriously.
That sounds pretty cool. In retrospect, I may have to give it a read after all.

The Alien Predator

I can't see you response, buddy.

Nice username by the way, a Lovecraft fan.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 25, 2017, 06:45:30 PM

Sorry about that, I've just fixed it.

Yep, I'm a bit of a Lovecraft fan. Part of my love of Alien stems from this.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 25, 2017, 10:48:21 PM

Another thing about this crossover is that there's no superheroes in it. Unlike some of the later Batman and Predator crossovers where even Superman shows up.

But in this one, it could very well read like some random rich vigilante in a Bat costume encountering a Predator. It's as if it's not even in the DC universe.. if that makes sense.  :P

I love the Lovecraftian influences in Alien. Something about the Engineers is also very Lovecraftian. When people think "Lovecraft", many think of Cthulhu or some weird monstrosity.

But sometimes, it's also the utter meaninglessness and helplessness of our existence. How these really powerful beings could easily overpower or destroy us.

That's the bit that the Engineers embody. Some of the recent comics further explore this, even when we're space faring, they still have the capacity to eliminate us! With their cool monstrosities of course. XD

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 26, 2017, 05:29:15 PM

Another thing about this crossover is that there's no superheroes in it. Unlike some of the later Batman and Predator crossovers where even Superman shows up.

But in this one, it could very well read like some random rich vigilante in a Bat costume encountering a Predator. It's as if it's not even in the DC universe.. if that makes sense.  :P

I love the Lovecraftian influences in Alien. Something about the Engineers is also very Lovecraftian. When people think "Lovecraft", many think of Cthulhu or some weird monstrosity.

But sometimes, it's also the utter meaninglessness and helplessness of our existence. How these really powerful beings could easily overpower or destroy us.

That's the bit that the Engineers embody. Some of the recent comics further explore this, even when we're space faring, they still have the capacity to eliminate us! With their cool monstrosities of course. XD

Okay, you've officially sold me on the idea.

But that sheer weirdess is part of what makes something truly Lovecraftian. The Engineers simply are just no longer truly eldritch, they have become  far too human. They are now at best a bastardization of Lovecraft and Ridley is in all honesty to blame for this. He turned what was once a truly Alien being into a 8 foot tall albino in a suit.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 27, 2017, 01:37:30 AM

But that sheer weirdess is part of what makes something truly Lovecraftian. The Engineers simply are just no longer truly eldritch, they have become  far too human. They are now at best a bastardization of Lovecraft and Ridley is in all honesty to blame for this. He turned what was once a truly Alien being into a 8 foot tall albino in a suit.

I hope you enjoy the crossover when you get the chance to read it.

True, although I think that the Black Goo has the potential to create weirdness. The Trilobite looks quite Lovercraftian by design as it's very weird and a lot like a cephalopod.

And the Fire and Stone comics explore more weird mutations, like one man merging with an Alien once they both fell into the Goo. I thought that was very unsettling, to see two strange minds become one.

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Jan 27, 2017, 03:02:08 AM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 27, 2017, 01:37:30 AM

I hope you enjoy the crossover when you get the chance to read it.

True, although I think that the Black Goo has the potential to create weirdness. The Trilobite looks quite Lovercraftian by design as it's very weird and a lot like a cephalopod.

And the Fire and Stone comics explore more weird mutations, like one man merging with an Alien once they both fell into the Goo. I thought that was very unsettling, to see two strange minds become one.
I'm sure that I will.

The Trilobite did look like something that could have been pulled out of the Cthulhu Mythos, I will give you that.

I liked Fire and Stone but that scene and a few others were a little too far fetched for my taste. It was still better than most of the Alien releated comics that I have read though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed