Humans awareness of extraterrestrials in the Alien Series

Started by T Dog, Jul 04, 2016, 01:00:22 PM

Author
Humans awareness of extraterrestrials in the Alien Series (Read 14,154 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 01, 2016, 05:47:06 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2016, 05:05:31 PM
How many heads will explode if them name them Yautja? Mine, for sure.

No names.

Not even Hish?

Not even the Hish. All the Yautja fan's heads would explode. lol I think it'd be best to just avoid something like that completely.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 02, 2016, 07:40:57 AM

No names.

Not even Hish?

Not even the Hish. All the Yautja fan's heads would explode. lol I think it'd be best to just avoid something like that completely.

Is there a third option that will make the heads of both types of fans explode?

The Alien Predator

No names.

Not even Hish?

Rakai would go nuclear!  :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 02, 2016, 07:35:05 PM

No names.

Not even Hish?

Is there a third option that will make the heads of both types of fans explode?

Some mixture of both?  :laugh:

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

The Marines though when asked what they were dealing with seemed Disappointed when they found out is was a "Bug hunt" Which implies they've encountered Nuisance Aliens before.

Regarding the Predator post. Maybe there's Sects or Caste? Within Predator Race? Similar to the Tau from Warhammer? Fire Cast do the Fighting aka the Predator Hunters etc. Then you have the Engineer Caste aka Earth Caste for Tau. This caste provides for the manufacturing, agricultural, industrial, artisans.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Guts on Aug 15, 2016, 08:22:49 PM
The Marines though when asked what they were dealing with seemed Disappointed when they found out is was a "Bug hunt" Which implies they've encountered Nuisance Aliens before.

You can take it as that. It could just mean "wild goose chase" though. I think there's leeway either way though I do think the intent was it was just a wild goose chase.

QuoteRegarding the Predator post. Maybe there's Sects or Caste? Within Predator Race? Similar to the Tau from Warhammer? Fire Cast do the Fighting aka the Predator Hunters etc. Then you have the Engineer Caste aka Earth Caste for Tau. This caste provides for the manufacturing, agricultural, industrial, artisans.

No doubt. An entire race dedicated to just going out there killing wouldn't be too productive. There'd have to be others with other careers. Even if they are just supporting the killing angle.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2016, 07:33:04 AM
Quote from: Guts on Aug 15, 2016, 08:22:49 PM

You can take it as that. It could just mean "wild goose chase" though. I think there's leeway either way though I do think the intent was it was just a wild goodse chase.

I'd agree if the movie hadn't already dropped several hints that the existence of alien fauna was common knowledge.

Everything from the insurance guy casually asking the ECA lady "are there any species like this hostile organism on LV-426?" to "Arcturian poontang" to the marines actually having a technical term for what they were expecting to encounter indicated that "bugs" were a real thing that they had to deal with from time to time.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2016, 07:33:04 AM
QuoteRegarding the Predator post. Maybe there's Sects or Caste? Within Predator Race? Similar to the Tau from Warhammer? Fire Cast do the Fighting aka the Predator Hunters etc. Then you have the Engineer Caste aka Earth Caste for Tau. This caste provides for the manufacturing, agricultural, industrial, artisans.

No doubt. An entire race dedicated to just going out there killing wouldn't be too productive. There'd have to be others with other careers. Even if they are just supporting the killing angle.

Seeing as the Predators live incredibly long lives, I think virtually all of them have enough times for civilization maintaining duties. The hunt being this cultural tradition or personal hobby for the entire race because it seems in their nature.

But the long life is the secret to how they have time to make technology and maintain their society. The hunt is something that helps clans bond by sharing stories.

Just my two cents. I am excited to see if/how Shane Black will explore this.

Local Trouble

I'd like to see one of the older Yauthish, like the one from the ending of Predator 2, kick some ass.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 16, 2016, 04:12:05 PM
I'd like to see one of the older Yauthish, like the one from the ending of Predator 2, kick some ass.

Yauthish. XD

Sounds like the common ancestor whom the Yautja and Hish split from.

Kaltes

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 16, 2016, 04:12:05 PM

Same, that'd be a great thing to see if done right.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 16, 2016, 04:00:04 PM
I'd agree if the movie hadn't already dropped several hints that the existence of alien fauna was common knowledge.

Everything from the insurance guy casually asking the ECA lady "are there any species like this hostile organism on LV-426?" to "Arcturian poontang" to the marines actually having a technical term for what they were expecting to encounter indicated that "bugs" were a real thing that they had to deal with from time to time.

I completely agree that they've had encounters with other extra-terrestrials. As you said, there's hints throughout the film. I did just feel that the intent of that particular piece of dialogue wasn't intended to allude to previous ET encounters. Just the exchange of stand-up fight or another bug hunt make it sound more like is this going to be a simple, straight up mission or another waste of time?

Then again the immediate exchange after about "all we know is that a Xenomorph maybe involved" make it seem like it is directed at the kind of "is it going to be some funky alien creature"? So it probably is related to the bugs being in reference to ETs.

HuDaFuK

The novel of Alien explicitly states mankind has met alien species before, just nothing sentient.

As others have said, things said during the hearing in Aliens implies some kind of extraterrestrial life has been encountered before.

Mrcreosote

Why have colonial marines ? Are they just anti terrorist or anti little green men!

Corporal Hicks

Bit of both seems reasonable. I imagine (I haven't read much of the CMTM, it was too dull for me, so I don't know if its addressed in there) that the Colonial Marines came about to deal with insurrectionists or terrorists. It'd be a logical step that if mankind did run into any trouble with aliens that they'd also be employed to deal with them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed