Stranger Things (Netflix Series)

Started by ace3g, Jun 10, 2016, 04:20:03 AM

Author
Stranger Things (Netflix Series) (Read 20,669 times)

Alionic

Alionic

Episode 7 is getting brutally savaged wherever I read about it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Alionic on Nov 01, 2017, 05:32:15 AM
Episode 7 is getting brutally savaged wherever I read about it.

I never watch the trailers or read the fluff for this show, I just watch it first of all and then have a look around at interviews, articles... I have no idea why episode 7 was singled out, but we all know how hyperbolic the internet is with 'worst episode evur' and 'worst writing evar!' crap.

All hail Steve.

JokersWarPig

I think the problem with 7 was the pacing. It slowed the flow down a lot.  I don't think it'd have been singled out if it took the episode 6 slot.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Nov 01, 2017, 01:22:37 PM
I think the problem with 7 was the pacing. It slowed the flow down a lot.  I don't think it'd have been singled out if it took the episode 6 slot.

It's obvious they wanted to tease by leaving us on an exciting cliffhanger in 6 and then staving off release with 7. Reminds me of GoT's The Mountain and the Viper leading into Watchers on the Wall. People were pissed at the time and didn't care about the Wall battle because they were so tense about seeing what happened in the other plotline. I imagine in time people will slack off 7 once they have more material to digest.

I still don't understand the impatience though. Nobody had to wait to have access to the whole season. They were given it on a platter and asked to eat a certain way *shrug*

Paranoid Android

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Nov 01, 2017, 01:22:37 PM
Agreed. There's nothing really wrong with the episode itself; The problem is that it featured right as the season climax started, so it felt like filler because you ended up wondering why you're watching Eleven's antics instead of the upside down invasion scenario that started in the previous episode. If the same episode appeared as episode 6 or even 5, it would've been perfectly fine.

KiramidHead

I thought Episode 7 was what Preacher should have done with its hell subplot. Put it in one episode by itself so it doesn't get too dragged out.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Wow Noah Schnapp (Will Byers) was absolutely amazing, especially the latter episodes.  He really sold his character's situation.
Episode 7 was fine where it was, to me. A change of pace towards the end was no problem.
Not sure if I liked Season 2 over 1, but still loved it.
The soundtrack for both seasons on vinyl would be awesome.
I think they are rushing "relationships" for the younger kids, just my honest opinion.

Spoiler
So where was that nice government guy when the kids were being held hostage?  Also, starting with 11 gives us more opportunities to see more characters coming to life with different abilities, maybe even one of them could be a season's "monster."
[close]

Naissus

Naissus

Im fine with episode 7.  Made me anticipate the ending all the more.  The episode was necessary to tie up loose ends in the season and push all the characters together for the final showdown and the return of eleven. 

dave1978

dave1978

Great so far,  up to episode 7.   So who was / is the 3rd actor from the Alien universe then?  i cant spot

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Amy Seimetz - AKA Maggie Faris

She plays Becky Ives... Eleven's aunt..

Predaker

Predaker

Just finished up season 2. No binge watching this time! I kept it to mostly one episode per night, or 2 in a row over the weekend. I think that made it more enjoyable.

Happy to say this season did not disappoint. I also enjoyed seeing Paul Reiser's character as sort of the polar opposite to Burke in Aliens. Similar situation but different moral compass, like the writing was self-aware of that aspect.

dave1978

dave1978

Finished this last night,   really enjoyed it,  looking forward to season 3 already.

So come on admit it,  who had a huge teary grin on their face for the last 10 minutes?  felt like a dad to all of them. 

Steve Harrington and Dustin are just great in this series,  when he does his hair,  so great.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Finished season 2, I really don't get the love for this show. I don't think I've ever heard music so badly utilised. It just sat on top of scenes and stood out. Shocking.

It reminds me of Walking Dead in its lightness, although it does play better in this show.

The kids were great again but only got around 4 episodes to shine. Splitting up Eleven caused serious problems for this season. It meant there was another bare bones thread to add to the scientists, the upside down and Hopper. Hoppers story literally only progressed in one scene in the final episode! He was pretty much a stagnant character this while series.

It played heavily on nostalgia again. It really let's you know it's set in the 80s. Same problem I had with the first series. Far to heavy handed for me to buy into or respect.

Acting was first class again, but they need more meat on the story instead of having the cast do the heavy lifting.

I struggle to give it anymore than 6/10.

And episode 7 was one of the cringes things I've ever seen. The actors they got for the gang over acted and Elevens 'sister' was one dimensional. They could build on her in the next series but who cares really.

Corporal Hicks

I finished Season 2 over the weekend. As with Season 1, I really enjoyed it and it really ended on a positive note with seeing all those characters after the ordeal. Poor Dustin and then Nancy comes in. That put a smile on my face. I just love everyone in this series. I think I fancy doing a rewatch of both seasons soon.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 06, 2017, 05:32:00 PM
Amy Seimetz - AKA Maggie Faris

She plays Becky Ives... Eleven's aunt..

I had to look her up as I thought it was her but I wasn't sure. She looks quite different as Farris compared to the other pictures I've seen of her.

Quote from: Predaker on Nov 09, 2017, 02:50:06 AM
Happy to say this season did not disappoint. I also enjoyed seeing Paul Reiser's character as sort of the polar opposite to Burke in Aliens. Similar situation but different moral compass, like the writing was self-aware of that aspect.

I reckon that was wholly intentional and it works for it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed