Guess the script for The Predator

Started by Original Predator, Jun 03, 2016, 05:11:23 PM

Author
Guess the script for The Predator (Read 2,517 times)

Original Predator

Original Predator

My guess is in this thread: 

It all stems around my pre-determined knowledge theory in the first Predator. Whether that's from Dutch (my original theory in the thread) or from elsewhere.  My guess is Black is going to explore and create some "Why's" for The Predator and tie them in especially so to the original Predator.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=38000.0

Anyone else with any guesses on the script?

My final recent post in that thread:

I'm going to bring this topic back.  Reason being, I'm reading between the lines of what we "know" so far with The Predator script/story.  It sounds to me like Black is going to incorporate some sort of prior knowledge of Predator.  He mentioned something to the effect of "going back looking at Pred and Pred 2 and is there anything there that we could incorporate and/or make into an extension of a story...?"

An example and part prediction for The Predator.  Assuming Arnold will sign on (I believe he will).  They will then HAVE to incorporate his story (Predator) into the new movie. 

How do you do that?:

The obvious one is: "Dutch we need you! The thing that you fought in killed in the jungle is back!"

Or,
My "prediction" and what Shane Black is going to do (twist): "Dutch remember that thing you fought in the jungle, well it's back and remember that mission you were on when you encountered it?  Well that wasn't "only" a rescue mission for hostages.  You and your team were sent there to ultimately confront and kill whatever it is was in the area.  We knew the whole time a UFO landed in that jungle, we just didn't know what we were dealing with.  That's why we sent you and your team in."

Now this doesn't fully play into my original post of did Dutch "know".  Rather did Dutch see similar killings???? And now...X-amount of years later, Dutch is finally starting to piece together things...make sense of things that "didn't seem right" all along with that first mission.

EJA

EJA

Sorry, I just can't accept that Jungle Hunter was the reason Hopper and Dutch's teams were dispatched. We know why they were there: To stop a planned strike by the guerillas of Val Verde; nothing to do with Jungle Hunter, who I am confident no one knew was there.

overthere

I hope it's nothing I can guess.

EJA

EJA

What do you guess?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: EJA on Jul 13, 2016, 12:06:52 PM
Sorry, I just can't accept that Jungle Hunter was the reason Hopper and Dutch's teams were dispatched. We know why they were there: To stop a planned strike by the guerillas of Val Verde; nothing to do with Jungle Hunter, who I am confident no one knew was there.

OWLF

Dillon was given a fake cover story just like the one he told Dutch.  He realised he was lied to "Maybe I can get even."  Dutch was sent in there to wipe out the guerillas so OWLF could move in and try and capture the creature.

Quote from: overthere on Jul 13, 2016, 01:54:06 PM
No, nobody knew about the Predator. OWLF didn't form until after 1987.

Though I still don't understand what was going on with the actual mission.

If you look at the background on the video monitors in Predator 2 you can see footage of the aftermath of the nuclear explosion in Predator and OWLF interviewing Anna. 

Also Gary Busey says in the Making of Predator 2:  "I set up the last mission.. in the jungles.. and that's how we lost the character that Arnold played.."

5:30

overthere

Gary Busey was making stuff up on the spot. What he says doesn't matter.
I don't remember the footage on the monitor, but even if it is there, can't it be footage from the helicopter? And of course they interviewed Anna. Something killed all those soliders. Doesn't point out to them already knowing about it.

I deleted my comment before you replied because I wouldn't really mind them making a twist that someone knew about the Predator in the jungle. I just don't think anything points to it currently. There really were hostages in that camp and Dillon used the team to stop the guerrillas.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: overthere on Jul 13, 2016, 03:15:32 PM
Gary Busey was making stuff up on the spot. What he says doesn't matter.

I don't think so, because what he says after that about Dutch being "lost" is in the Predator 2 novel.

BishopShouldGo

None of it matters because it wasn't in the movie.

EJA

EJA

Keyes may have had some behind the scenes involvement with Dutch's mission, but that doesn't mean he was with OWLF at the time, or that they were aware of Jungle Hunter's presence.

Mister Skeezler

I feel more like OWLF would have been formed as a reaction to Dutch and Anna's report of the Predator...and the massive explosion witnessed by several parties, which was proof of Anytime's existence. I also wonder if the landing pod detonated at the same time as Anytime, or if it was recovered by OWLF.

overthere

Recovering the pod would be an interesting thing to explore in The Predator.

Corporal Hicks

Definitely sounds like something they'd want. But I wouldn't have thought it impossible that Anytime also detonated it. We've seen times where the gauntlets are both linked to the ships and not. Could go either way.

predfan65

Well if I'm not mistaken black has said in different interviews. He wants The Predator to be a mix of Close encounters of the third kind, Alien, and a detective story. Dekker has said military vs alien story line in a post. And keep some mystery to the predators. A little different from black wanting to show more about the motivation of the predators. I think Quinn McKenna will be a little like Dreyfus's character in close encounters. Just a regular guy. That some how get tangled up in a government agencies looking for the predator.       I think it will be a carry over of the agents that Keyes was working for. Don't think black has said to much about what he will and won't use from previous predator movies ,books and comics. So I don't know just what will be used from other formats.    Personally I would like to see recovered predator tech used by the agents looking for the predator.      Vancouver will more than likely be just one of the filming locations.   The movement or flow of the film will bounce from Quinn to the agents and the predator  and in the end of it. The big battle. Black has said he wants you to like the characters so most of the movie will be their story. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: predfan65 on Jul 17, 2016, 11:39:25 PM
Personally I would like to see recovered predator tech used by the agents looking for the predator.

That could be quite interesting actually. It'd make for some fun concept designs too. I don't want to see it go full hog like in RR's Predators script but just some random bits and pieces of Predator inspired kit could be interesting.

EJA

EJA

I doubt Black will utilize anything from the expanded universe. Which is a shame, as there's some interesting stuff out there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed