Who should play Quinn McKenna?

Started by Keith, May 22, 2016, 01:50:34 PM

Author
Who should play Quinn McKenna? (Read 15,291 times)

Space Invader

I've said this before but I'd like Gerard Butler as McKenna and Jason Momoa as a secondary character.

Master

Master

Cool choice. As well as Tom Hardy.

But first one had whole gang of bad ass tough guys. That's one of aspects that made it so special. I don't see why we can't have that again. Get Hardy, Butler, Urban, Johnson, Diesel and Grillo. A cast to be remembered.

ace3g

ace3g

Some names thrown around before but:

Frank Grillo, Ethan Hawke, Sharlto Copley, or Guy Pearce

Scorpio

Scorpio

It will be someone who's had a recent big box office success.  Go to boxofficemojo and look up the top films of this year and last year.  It'll be one of those guys guaranteed.

ace3g

ace3g

^

Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds, or Matt Damon.

BishopShouldGo

Lol. Pretty sure Quinn is cast. Benicio Del Toro, hello?

You don't try for months and months to get somebody(http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/benicio-del-toro-talks-star-912838) for just a supporting role.

Too many of you are hung up on the last name. "He can't be a McKenna!" 1) Who cares. 2) They can change the last name.

Trust me, I'd love Evans, Reynolds or Damon over Del Toro(because they're blockbuster-y and have headlined big recent movies, and in Damon's case, is really talented), but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

But... those other names! Stick 'em in supporting roles where they belong. I love the man's man A-lister conceit Shane has been abiding by for this role.

Scorpio

Scorpio

They won't cast him in the lead.  Last time that happened was for The Wolfman and that bombed on a 150 mil budget.

Master

Master

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 15, 2016, 03:53:26 AM
Lol. Pretty sure Quinn is cast. Benicio Del Toro, hello?

You don't try for months and months to get somebody(http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/benicio-del-toro-talks-star-912838) for just a supporting role.

Too many of you are hung up on the last name. "He can't be a McKenna!" 1) Who cares. 2) They can change the last name.

Trust me, I'd love Evans, Reynolds or Damon over Del Toro(because they're blockbuster-y and have headlined big recent movies, and in Damon's case, is really talented), but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

But... those other names! Stick 'em in supporting roles where they belong. I love the man's man A-lister conceit Shane has been abiding by for this role.

I thought Quinn is Zac 'effin'  Efron? What happened?!?  ???

Corporal Hicks

Stop trying to antagonise BSG, Master. This isn't IMDB.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 15, 2016, 06:47:40 AM
They won't cast him in the lead.  Last time that happened was for The Wolfman and that bombed on a 150 mil budget.
Seems like that would've happened no matter who the lead was. These days, film projects have become bigger than their stars anyways.

Just look at the following big name actors who have led one or more box office flops/bombs in the last 2 years: Bradley Cooper, Michael Fassbender, Vin Deisel, Channing Tatum, Chris Evans, Tom Hanks, Matthew McConaughey, Chris Hemsworth, George Clooney, Johnny Depp.

Master

Master

Posted by: Corporal Hicks
« on: Today at 04:47:56 PM »
Stop trying to antagonise BSG, Master. This isn't IMDB.

Ok. Boss, but he should really blame himself.

BishopShouldGo

No, I really shouldn't. You're coming off bad.

Master

Master

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 15, 2016, 03:28:12 PM
No, I really shouldn't. You're coming off bad.
Ok. Sorry if I was rude.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Sep 15, 2016, 03:23:56 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 15, 2016, 06:47:40 AM
Seems like that would've happened no matter who the lead was. These days, film projects have become bigger than their stars anyways.

Just look at the following big name actors who have led one or more box office flops/bombs in the last 2 years: Bradley Cooper, Michael Fassbender, Vin Deisel, Channing Tatum, Chris Evans, Tom Hanks, Matthew McConaughey, Chris Hemsworth, George Clooney, Johnny Depp.

Those guys didn't bomb in franchise movies. Mortdecai, The Last Witch Hunter, Blackhat, etc. were all non franchise films. Predator is a known quantity. Provided it has a smooth production and Shane gets to do what Shane does best, Fox will have a home run. Good cast, good director, good movie; the sky is the limit.

Predator_Spirit

Shane always do or write buddy movies, So I am expecting another big name actor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed