Who should play Quinn McKenna?

Started by Keith, May 22, 2016, 01:50:34 PM

Author
Who should play Quinn McKenna? (Read 15,528 times)

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 23, 2016, 12:24:15 PM
Black's already proved with The Long Kiss Goodnight he's more than capable of writing an action film with a suitably strong female lead.

That's not what I've said.I'm talking about a main character being a female in a Predator movie specifically.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 23, 2016, 02:01:05 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2016, 01:56:53 PMI couldn't careless if the lead is male or female as long as it suits the film.

Ultimately, this. If it fits the film then I couldn't care less what sex the lead is.

How this  could suit the film ? It's a Predator movie not a chicks sleepover.

overthere

overthere

What does the Predator care who's male and who's female? All he sees is colored blobs that move and shoot.

walker31

walker31

There was the woman in Predators and she didn't seem out of place at all. At the end of the day, it's not the strength that beats a Predator, it's wit.

Not sure that is the best example of being present is equal to a threat, as clearly the doctor should not have been there as it made absolutely zero sense for a mentally unstable, homicidal doctor to be on equal par with a soldier.  It made for a not so clever twist that people can be predators too.  And if it's wit that makes it so interesting to watch a Predator movie, why not just have a group of smart kids fight a predator?!  Call it Goonies vs. Predator.  Or hell, just make a film of the Archie vs. Predator comic, watch those clever kids outsmart that dumb ol Predator.  And if all you need is wit, then old Arnold could still fight the predator in the new film.  He could smear mud on himself again and make cool traps again. 

overthere

overthere

Kids aren't smart enough to outwit a Predator, and Predators wouldn't fall for the mud trick again. Adrian Brody tried that and the Predator simply switched to a different vision mode.

It takes a while for Predator's victims to figure out, first what the hell it is that's killing them, and then how to defeat it. Predator wouldn't attack a kid anyway, so there goes that.

Are you saying it matters how strong you are because someone might beat the Predator in a one-on-one fist fight? That would be ridiculous.

But I agree having the guy from That 70s Show in there was stupid. First the Predator has to find you interesting in your own element, such as watching Dutch and his team kill those guys at the camp. Then he has fun hunting them, expecting it to be a fun game for him. He doesn't expect anyone will actually beat him. Dutch was a fluke.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 23, 2016, 05:42:28 PMHow this  could suit the film ? It's a Predator movie not a chicks sleepover.

The ignorance in this comment...

walker31

walker31

Quote from: overthere on May 23, 2016, 06:12:49 PM
Kids aren't smart enough to outwit a Predator, and Predators wouldn't fall for the mud trick again. Adrian Brody tried that and the Predator simply switched to a different vision mode.

It takes a while for Predator's victims to figure out, first what the hell it is that's killing them, and then how to defeat it. Predator wouldn't attack a kid anyway, so there goes that.

Are you saying it matters how strong you are because someone might beat the Predator in a one-on-one fist fight? That would be ridiculous.

But I agree having the guy from That 70s Show in there was stupid. First the Predator has to find you interesting in your own element, such as watching Dutch and his team kill those guys at the camp. Then he has fun hunting them, expecting it to be a fun game for him. He doesn't expect anyone will actually beat him. Dutch was a fluke.
I'm not saying a male human would actually beat up a Predator in a hand to hand combat only because they are stronger, but because they can take a beating better then an average female.  There's a reason fighting sports have weight classes.  There's a reason Rhonda Rousey won't fight a man.  There's a reason there are no female linebackers in the NFL.  We know this, and have discussed this here multiple times, which is why when we see films where a female that weighs 120 pounds and beats down a man or a group of men, it takes the reality out of the situation.  Take the science and common sense out of it altogether, the majority of your audience that goes to see action movies will pay more to see a male lead then a female lead, because of multiple reasons be it hero worship, testosterone, believability, etc.  Just take a look at the top 25 most successful action films and you will see this is the pattern.  Add to this, there is a gathering backlash against films that are suspected of playing the diverse card for the sake of it, such as happened with Mad Max or Ghostbusters 3.  I'm not agreeing with this thinking, just saying it exists.

overthere

overthere

For Predator to beat someone up you really have to piss him off. Most of the time no one lives to get punched in the face.

Infected

Infected

The women portraited in Predator movies were good as a sidekick or at the side of a strong male,
like the woman in Predators she was good on her own but wouldnt have made it without Royce,
she had two enemies the males who wanted to rape her and the predators.
Same as with the woman in Predator who was captured, she could be a good help but on her own she would die just as easily.
So if you really wanna kill the franchise then they will cast a female, predator is about the hunter and the hunted,
its man vs "man"

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 23, 2016, 06:18:57 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 23, 2016, 05:42:28 PMHow this  could suit the film ? It's a Predator movie not a chicks sleepover.

The ignorance in this comment...

I was half serious ;D,but  i'm still firmly against the main character being a girl in a predator movie, times have changed but
laws of physics hadn't.

Space Invader

I'm picturing Gerard Butler as Quinn McKenna.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 23, 2016, 09:17:09 PM
I was half serious ;D,but  i'm still firmly against the main character being a girl in a predator movie, times have changed but
laws of physics hadn't.

::) Yes, because there's no strong females. You stay strongly against that then.

Personally I don't think we'll be getting a Predator-alike. Doesn't seem like Shane Black's way. I think we'll be getting something quite different.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2016, 07:19:25 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on May 23, 2016, 09:17:09 PM
laws of physics hadn't.

::) Yes, because there's no strong females. You stay strongly against that then.

Personally I don't think we'll be getting a Predator-alike. Doesn't seem like Shane Black's way. I think we'll be getting something quite different.

I'm basically saying the lead character can't be a female.In a predator movie.The lead character will be the most dangerous
prey , I don't see how it could be a girl then, unless it's an all girls cast like Ghostbusters.

Corporal Hicks

I know what you're saying and I don't agree with you or your mentality.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2016, 06:30:59 PM
I know what you're saying and I don't agree with you or your mentality.

What is my mentality ?

Corporal Hicks

That a female can't be the most dangerous prey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed