New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre! (Read 55,328 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Glaive on May 20, 2016, 12:10:21 PM

Oh wow, they could add in cgi Angelic Wings later...

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenoscream on May 20, 2016, 10:19:38 AM
Firstly I think it would be good to start getting spoiler warnings before the main images on the main page, as much as I think it's not a huge deal this time I'd hate to check the site and get a full monster reveal. Just my 2c.

I know this has already been addressed, but I'm with you. At least if there were some sort of 'gate' one had to click through to see the spoilers on the front page, that'd help. It's not just the casual fans who don't want this whole movie spoiled for them.

Maybe I'll have to just bookmark the forums and stop visiting the front page altogether.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on May 20, 2016, 12:16:10 PM
Maybe I'll have to just bookmark the forums and stop visiting the front page altogether.

That would probably be for the best in your situation. There's a headlines box on the top right of the forum so you can still see if there's any new news of interest. Same for just following via Facebook or Twitter.

Whiskeybrewer

That is quite a disturbing set . Cant wait to see how it turns out on screen

Corporal Hicks

Glaive

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I don't think that's a "Deacon" like creature
What appears to be an elongated head is actually one of their arms.

Xenoscream

Hard to say but I think it's just another person at a funny angle, the ridges on the "face" look like a fingers on a hand to me, like the person is using both arms to shield the face and kind of twisting away from the blast and the other guy is trying to drag them away.

I think the way the shadow falls on it along with the positioning of the arms may be fooling people into thinking it's a monster.

Perfect-Organism

I think youre right xenoscream

Ultramorph

Wow, I wasn't expecting something this big to come out so early! I strongly doubt those are Engineers. What we're seeing are probably the remains of one of the species the Engineers created and then destroyed. A species that broke the covenant, so to speak.

This gives me a lot of hope that this movie is going in some cool directions.

Enoch

This movie is going to be very good. :P :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 20, 2016, 01:38:41 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting something this big to come out so early! I strongly doubt those are Engineers. What we're seeing are probably the remains of one of the species the Engineers created and then destroyed. A species that broke the covenant, so to speak.

That's my thoughts as well. I think we're witnessing another culture, one the Engineers helped create, meeting its end.

Darkness

At first glance, I thought they were all Engineers but they're not tall enough. Yeah, looks like another civilization who worshipped the Engineers and were wiped out. If they were incinerated, why didn't it just burn their bodies to ash? I mean, some of them are still stood up and grappling with eachother.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Result of some weapon maybe? One of the first comparisons that sprang to mind was Pompeii.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed