Alien: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 11:07:57 AM

Author
Alien: Life and Death (Read 27,571 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Interesting art for sure not sure how much I'm feeling it yet though.

Nostromo

Nostromo

When did Aliens start working out at the Gym?

The spaceships look great though!! He's got talent for high detail. Mouth on Aliens are the Venom kind..prefer the original..wish everyone would stick to the same design...getting tired of all these different shapes...at least the mandibles are gone.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

It will be nice to see how it looks colored. It's cool that it seems like we're getting more aliens that have hatched from the indigenous lifeforms on LV-223.

The interview with Abnett is actually pretty interesting. He says that
Spoiler
the Aliens are introduced later to avoid them being cannon-fodder. They're the sort of "last hurdle" our heroes have to face. Very much looking forward to the upcoming issues.
[close]
https://soundcloud.com/gww-101643494/gww-interview-with-dan-abnett-xenoverse-life-and-death

426Buddy

426Buddy

He has an interesting style, it will grow on me im sure and I also can't wait to see it colored.

Hopefully the Lv223 varieties are better than the creatures in F&S Omega, they were non threatening and goofy.

One of the things I love most about the comics is that each artist has their own take on the Alien, even the bad ones I appreciate in their own way

That said, some are just plain unenjoyable... Sam Keith is the worst but I've seen some bad ones along the way.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Moritat just shared a small sample of the colored final product:
https://twitter.com/moritatart/status/743607123678879744

Nostromo

Nostromo

Yes definitely a nice spaceship design with planet and all kinds of stars in the background. Looks pretty realistic.This guy is great, wish he would do all the space scenes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 17, 2016, 12:40:56 AM
That said, some are just plain unenjoyable... Sam Keith is the worst but I've seen some bad ones along the way.

The name that shall not be spoken!  :o

I actually like this. Obviously we've only seen small portions of it but I can dig it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Liking that Conestoga-esque design.

Nostromo

Nostromo

426Buddy

426Buddy

I'm not a fan of Sachin Teng's alien work either.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

It just occurred to me that if Predator: L&D had Kenner Predators, it wouldn't surprise me if the Aliens portion had Kenner xenomorphs. The ones Moritat showed look a bit like an updated Bull or Wild Boar Alien. Very much looking forward to this in September!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh man...I'd love that. So much. Bull-Alien!!!!  ;D

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 22, 2016, 07:37:37 PM
The ones Moritat showed look a bit like an updated Bull or Wild Boar Alien.

omg please no, please stop..

happypred

happypred

Aliens are poorly drawn IMO

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2016, 07:50:49 PM
Oh man...I'd love that. So much. Bull-Alien!!!!  ;D

Now all we need is one of the Marines to don an ATAX suit and fight a xenomorph King!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed