Ripley 8?

Started by Giger Beast, Apr 23, 2016, 06:22:01 PM

Author
Ripley 8? (Read 2,781 times)

Giger Beast

Giger Beast

How would you guys feel if Alien 5 continued the story of Ripley 8? Would you prefer this over retconning Alien 3/R?

Personally, as a huge fan of the original Alien trilogy, Ressurection really pisses me off. While I like some of the ideas in that movie, bringing Ripley back after her story was over and AFTER SHE DIED is what makes me hate Ressurection more than anything.

I am not a fan of "Ripley 8" and honestly, if they have to bring Ripley back, I'd rather them retcon Alien 3 and R than have it be the Ripley 8 clone.

What do you guys think about Ripley 8 returning?

Vermillion

Vermillion

No thank you

PsyKore

PsyKore

It's difficult for me to decide, because on one hand I like the concept of the fusion human/Alien Ripley (there was a lot of potential there), but on the other hand I'm also of the belief that we need to get rid of Ripley to further the series better. Plus, honestly, Resurrection was just so bad it doesn't deserve being acknowledged as even happening.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

I think the series should continue after the events of resurrection but many years after it, after reading the WY report I think the next movie should follow the newly reestablished company and their attempts to get the xenomorph.  Ripley 8 could possibly make a cameo but only to pass the torch she has been through enough her story is done.

CainsSon

CainsSon

I think the problem with the way people answer these questions is they don't have any context to consider without just imagining basically more of what came last. So it's like "Hey you wanna see a sequel to ALIENS?" and people yell "Yay!!!" Because the erroneously assume it will be MORE of exactly what the experienced watching that film.
On the other side of it, you have people say "Wanna see more of Ripley 8?" And they think "Woah I hated Ressurrection! I dont wanna see any more of that!"
It was the same with PROMETHEUS... "Wanna see Ridley Scott make a Prequel to Alien?" And than people assume that means MORE of ALIEN. It doesn't.
The only question you should answer for yourself is basic questions, like: Do you want to see another sequel to Alien? Or do you want it to be a prequel?
Its bothersome to me that they can do things like wipe out entire sequels because it's illogical and there is no way to guarantee doing so will yield a better movie.
Think about this question. Lets say it's 1991 and this question was raised: Do you wanna see a sequel to Aliens with David Fincher directing?
Because the answer to that in 1991 is the same answer as this question now: Do you wanna see an Aliens sequel with Blomkamp directing and wiping out Alien 3 and 4?
The truth is you have NO WAY of knowing how or what the content of that film will bring.
The only relative questions IMO are: Do you want a sequel, a prequel or nothing? Everything is out of control or assumption. Producers can mess up the best of projects with the best of talent behind them. You know?   

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Giger Beast on Apr 23, 2016, 06:22:01 PM
How would you guys feel if Alien 5 continued the story of Ripley 8? Would you prefer this over retconning Alien 3/R?

God yes, no retconning please. Give me a proper Alien 5 with Ripley #8 any day.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I don't mind them ignoring Alien 3 and Resurrection as long as they don't go "It was all a DREAM!" with the story.

Vermillion

Vermillion

I don't want a super soldier Ripley who bangs xenos.

Primordial

Primordial

No Ripley 8, for sure.
I have mixed feelings for a retcon of 'AlienĀ³' and 'Alien Res'. I don't get why he is saying he is not trying to undo the previous movies, with having Ripley and Hicks (and Newt ?) on board ?

Quote from: CainsSon on Apr 24, 2016, 03:46:19 AM
I think the problem with the way people answer these questions is they don't have any context to consider without just imagining basically more of what came last. So it's like "Hey you wanna see a sequel to ALIENS?" and people yell "Yay!!!" Because the erroneously assume it will be MORE of exactly what the experienced watching that film.

Good point, but Blomkamp seems to be sure (from what I recall reading) how to make a movie which keeps a strong continuity with 'Alien' and 'Aliens'. We would have more of 'exactly' what we experienced during both movies, like you say. So I'll take him at his word on that matter. Even though I feel it is a gamble. It is his job to prove us wrong  :P

T Dog

T Dog

Just make it with Ripley 8 or don't include Weaver at all!!!!!! I don't want any alternative timeline shit.

Vermillion

Vermillion

So I guess you hate JJ's Star Trek too.  Lol

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Vermillion on Apr 24, 2016, 09:09:00 PM
So I guess you hate JJ's Star Trek too.  Lol
No that movie is fine because it was using a different cast and had modern production values etc and it works for the movie. And I'm also not really a big Star Trek guy.

But for Alien.....hell nawwwwwwwwww!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Man think about what you are saying. At least Ripley08 takes place in the future of the current universe. JJ totally murdered the star trek franchise regardless of what timeline it uses.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Yes. JJ murdered one of my favorites franchises.
Came damn close to killing another.  But recycling is in.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 24, 2016, 09:58:02 PM
Man think about what you are saying. At least Ripley08 takes place in the future of the current universe. JJ totally murdered the star trek franchise regardless of what timeline it uses.
I don't really care about Star Trek as I said already.
I care about the Alien series and as I've said before I think they made their bed with Resurrection and they need to lie in it and continue on with that story instead of Alien 3-2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed