First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 31, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

Author
First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant! (Read 108,686 times)

Corporal Hicks

It'll be a small 1:1 of the ship that is enhanced digitally in post.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

That's right. It will be similar to the photo below in which they only built the Prometheus garage/hanger and lower landing struts/claws and then later digitally added the rest of the Prometheus ship in post.

Same story below, they only built a small section of the Juggernaut, the rest was all CGI:

What we see in the Corporal's leaked picture is basically the airlock which needs to be physically built 1:1 since people will be walking in and out of it or otherwise interacting with it in some fashion.

It's sitting very low to the ground though, so it could very likely be a dropship or shuttle from the Covenant.

AL

The Eighth Passenger... you were so right..

---Studios have been cracking down on paparazzi photos, so you're going to have to click overt to AvP Galaxy to view the first ever location photos from Ridley Scott's soon-to-film Alien: Covenant!---

:P

Look at  that pics make me think in something I've been wondering for a while.

Stolen

Ship decor is certainly not finished, we will wait the next photo (Corporal) !!

Obviously this is a small part on a human scale and the rest of ship will be digital. This is the best way for excellent visual in first plan and background.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 31, 2016, 01:44:49 PM
I'm getting a very "Ron Cobb" vibe from that partial spaceship/dropship prop.  ;D

It's hard to tell exactly from the low-res photo but it looks kinda weathered and battered, like something that belongs in the Alien universe.

I was thinking the same thing! Did anyone else notice the distinct similarities b/w Ron Cobb's early concept art for the ship ALIEN (I think it was called the 'Snark') and the 'PROMETHEUS' ship?
If anyone is interested in seeing just how much of Prometheus's design stuff was taken from actual early Alien concept-art and the early scripts, you can watch the first chapter of the Alien documentaries on the Anthology and also check out Giger's ALIEN.

Of course, I'm sure a lot of you have done this, but it seems to me that a lot of people I encounter are bothered by a lot o things in Prometheus which were always the intentions of the filmmakers during ALIEN, but wer cut for budget purposes. For instance the humanoid SJ's in suits, the mural, the Pyramid, even the Urns were part of the early drafts of the script...

The reason I bring this up is that I'm expecting a lot of the design elements and ideas from the ALIEN: ENGINEERS script to make their way into COVENANT.
We already have heard of the ALIEN with the transparent skin, and this big scene Ridley has planned. I'm kinda thinking that's going to be the SEX-BURSTER and the proto-alien with the transparent skin that can shrink its mass to squeeze through walls and stuff, as depicted in Spaiht's original ENGINEERS script.

Thoughts?

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 31, 2016, 02:07:53 PM
So the ship will land on water
And I'm pretty sure the Juggernaut (with Shaw) will be under water

I'm so excited, this is normal? and you ?  ;D

Interesting thought. For instance, the concept art from Blomkamp's Alien seems to depict the Derelict as if it were Underwater for ages and covered in barnacles. 
Hmmmm....

Perfect-Organism

Remind me again what the Sex-Burster is?  (I mean its not like I ever knew, or even heard this phrase before, but I had a "vision" of what that might be when you mentioned it, and I'm trying to "unsee" my mental picture.)

Corporal Hicks

In Spaiht's earlier scripts Halloway gave birth to a proto-chestburster when he and Watts (Shaw) were getting their love on.

Perfect-Organism

Ok, my mental picture was worse... ;)

CainsSon

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 31, 2016, 07:06:35 PM
Remind me again what the Sex-Burster is?  (I mean its not like I ever knew, or even heard this phrase before, but I had a "vision" of what that might be when you mentioned it, and I'm trying to "unsee" my mental picture.)

************ALIEN ENGINEERS SPOILER ************

In the ALIEN ENGINEERS script, there is an actual chestburster scene, where Holloway is having sex with Shaw and it triggers all these tentacles to start bursting out of his torso.

Personally, I didn't find it to be terribly great, but if Scott says this should be 'HARD R' - there it is!

Stolen

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 31, 2016, 07:01:02 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 31, 2016, 01:44:49 PM
I'm getting a very "Ron Cobb" vibe from that partial spaceship/dropship prop.  ;D

It's hard to tell exactly from the low-res photo but it looks kinda weathered and battered, like something that belongs in the Alien universe.

I was thinking the same thing! Did anyone else notice the distinct similarities b/w Ron Cobb's early concept art for the ship ALIEN (I think it was called the 'Snark') and the 'PROMETHEUS' ship?
If anyone is interested in seeing just how much of Prometheus's design stuff was taken from actual early Alien concept-art and the early scripts, you can watch the first chapter of the Alien documentaries on the Anthology and also check out Giger's ALIEN.

Of course, I'm sure a lot of you have done this, but it seems to me that a lot of people I encounter are bothered by a lot o things in Prometheus which were always the intentions of the filmmakers during ALIEN, but wer cut for budget purposes. For instance the humanoid SJ's in suits, the mural, the Pyramid, even the Urns were part of the early drafts of the script...

The reason I bring this up is that I'm expecting a lot of the design elements and ideas from the ALIEN: ENGINEERS script to make their way into COVENANT.
We already have heard of the ALIEN with the transparent skin, and this big scene Ridley has planned. I'm kinda thinking that's going to be the SEX-BURSTER and the proto-alien with the transparent skin that can shrink its mass to squeeze through walls and stuff, as depicted in Spaiht's original ENGINEERS script.

Thoughts?

Ridley Scott has a vision. If you listen to the audio commentary of Alien or read the interviews of Scott in the 80's, he always wanted to make a film about the space jockey, the origins of Alien, which is why it's always inspired by the original movie. And he is right to take back old concepts because he worked with the best artists of science fiction on Alien.

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 31, 2016, 02:07:53 PM
So the ship will land on water
And I'm pretty sure the Juggernaut (with Shaw) will be under water

I'm so excited, this is normal? and you ?  ;D

Interesting thought. For instance, the concept art from Blomkamp's Alien seems to depict the Derelict as if it were Underwater for ages and covered in barnacles. 
Hmmmm....

Interesting remark. Why not an underwater exploration in Covenant? Maybe we will have the first submarine ship of the franchise?  ;D
There are so many opportunities on this Paradise, and we must not forget that two other films are planned. Ridley preparing something big.

Enoch

I like the idea of underwater facilities or temples, but I think that ship (airlock)
we see on this photo is in fact sinking... :-[

Also, I dont think we ll see "sex burster"... They showed publicly all unused concept arts from Prometheus,
so I think it would be stupid to simply copy that unused material in Covenant.

Perfect-Organism

You know, it could very well be tilted on an angle as if it were sinking.  Those thrusters are not vertical.  Mind you neither were they on the Nostromo.

Ephemer Nine

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 31, 2016, 03:43:19 PM
There must be some facilities or temples... Alien never was exterior movie! So we ll possibly see more of
Engineers technology or technology of some other creature in those temples or facilities? Gigeresque landscapes and
designs always were a key part of this franchise (and I only count first two and maybe third movie), so I m 100% sure that
we ll have huge Gigeresque or Gutalin (and maybe someone new) designs all over the movie.

Indeed. I had always envisioned the Engineer homeworld as a huge, homogenious Gigeresque mass. This said, I was quite shocked/surprised when the first filming location reports pointed to such greeny landscapes...Still, I think we can expect with some security that there will be facilities or temples.

CainsSon

All of this stuff with The Predator being an "event film" and Carrie Henn's tweet and Alien-day and Blomkamp's Alien and this being a trilogy and Fox losing Star Wars to Disney... Im thinking they are hoping to push this franchise to its apex...

Enoch

Enoch

Newest info:

Noomi Rapace will appear at the end of Covenant!!!
Benjamin Rigby will have an important scene with her!

We shall see ultimate creature which is in fact "true" God...!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed