First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 31, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

Author
First On Location Pictures of Alien: Covenant! (Read 108,683 times)

Corporal Hicks

Probably no use then really.

Stolen

Landscape is phenomenal on this!
Thank You Corporal! (Now a picture of studios in Sydney  ;D)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 01, 2016, 02:23:01 PM
Landscape is phenomenal on this!

Here you go:  :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 01, 2016, 02:23:01 PM

Haha. I think that one will be a tiny bit harder!  :P

Stolen

I found this on Insta (dominic.travers)

Fantastic no ?

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic. I couldn't find any on Instragram yesterday.

Enoch

Phenomenal! ;D :D

What will that scene represent?
Its still a mystery to me whether that ship is sinking or it's just landing?

Skylark Duquesne

Thanks for this scoop and thanks Eighth Passenger for the tribute to Ron Cobb.
At last a great project for Ridley Scott, hopefully orders of magnitude greater than his pedestrian Martian, which he would have been better off leaving Drew Goddard to direct.
To complement the Cobb gallery I thought it would be interesting to include this scarcely-seen concept design of the Nostromo which you can find in Mike Reccia's From Sketch to Screen published by Strange Light, a must for any SFX and model making fan. Has it ever been reproduced anywhere ? In don't think so, quite astonishing as this is pretty much the final design. It is worth mentioning that roncobb.net is operational again, after years of waiting there's plenty of marvellous stuff to feast upon over there.
I hadn't heard of Wayne Haag before. Who are the concept designers on this one ? I wouldn't be surprised if David Levy and Ben Procter were in on it once again.

LordCassusSnow

Honestly, i saw this pic and instantly thought of the E.E.V. crash landing from Alien 3. This shuttle or whatever it is seems to be tilted in a way that indicates it didn't land correctly. Perhaps the colonist ship was attacked in space by some kind of engineer defense system and was forced down causing the colonists to use life boats to survive? Also, if the colonist ship is named Covenant(sorry if this has been discussed) then could this ship be carrying people who are trying to escape persecution of some kind? Perhaps people of religion like Shaw who'll also have their faith tested? Or it could be a group like The Rage before they became such. Wait...was'nt it mentioned there were ships apart of that convoy that disappeared? If they were unnamed, one could possibly be the Covenant? Got some reading to do but that'd be a surprising connection  :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Rage/Founders didn't leave until well after Alien Resurrection. It wont be them.

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 01, 2016, 02:36:00 PM

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/467798COVENANT1.png

Fantastic no ?

Bigger version.

LordCassusSnow

Damn, well thanks for saving me some time. Wonder if Scott will end up retconning The Rage War? Fun idea though, for a moment i thought this shuttle thing could be the life boat from the end of Prometheus at a different angle and the lake and greenery were seeing could be the product of the black goo similar to what was presented in Fire and Stone.

CainsSon

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 01, 2016, 03:01:29 PM
Honestly, i saw this pic and instantly thought of the E.E.V. crash landing from Alien 3. This shuttle or whatever it is seems to be tilted in a way that indicates it didn't land correctly.

A crash landing might be a good action sequence and plot device to start the film off.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

That just made my day AVP Galaxy, TY!  :)

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 01, 2016, 02:36:00 PM

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/467798COVENANT1.png

Fantastic no ?

Great pic, and this particular image is similar to LV-223

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 01, 2016, 02:19:44 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 01, 2016, 02:11:07 PM
Anybody know this exact location?  Perhaps a Google satellite image is in order...

Simple, go to Google Maps. Enter Milford Sound Airport in the search box, click on satellite imagery and viola!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 01, 2016, 02:13:32 PM
Are they updated regularly?

No.  :(

Totally forgot the name of this place was Milford Sound.  Anyway, that's not the point.  I was curious to see if an aerial of that exact location where the spacecraft is sitting could be determined.  Just for the fun of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed