Any way to import avp2 .abc models into a 3D modeling program?

Started by xTankbeast, Mar 14, 2016, 08:40:20 PM

Author
Any way to import avp2 .abc models into a 3D modeling program? (Read 15,615 times)

Le Celticant

Pretty simple, you can use milkshape to import the models and the bones/skinning.
Problem though as it has been mentioned (and is noticeable in the pictures here) milkshape has the tendency to mess up the mesh/bones and as a consequence, you can see that all mesh have been flipped/mirrored.
On a symmetrical character such as the Alien it's not problematic but on a character as the predator, you can clearly see that the shoulder canon and the wristblade are in the wrong side.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jul 02, 2016, 01:52:18 PM
Pretty simple, you can use milkshape to import the models and the bones/skinning.
Problem though as it has been mentioned (and is noticeable in the pictures here) milkshape has the tendency to mess up the mesh/bones and as a consequence, you can see that all mesh have been flipped/mirrored.
On a symmetrical character such as the Alien it's not problematic but on a character as the predator, you can clearly see that the shoulder canon and the wristblade are in the wrong side.
I have never used this program, but I'd like to do something neat

I am fascinated by the simplicity of these animations.
for me to have a kind of magic.
i wonder if milkshape has this defect maybe there are others programs who do not have this anomaly.
there is an alternative program?

Le Celticant

Hey,

to my knowledge there are no other programs which allows the conversion beside the outdated version of Lightwave if you could get your hands on it.

It's the ultimate problem with proprietary engines who probably worked marvelous as an internal tool but are terrible for cross-platform.

Maybe you could try (now that I think of it) to import the .abc (or .lta) of AVP2 into NOLF2 directly and then export it to Milkshape to see if it works because Milkshape is supposed to handle NOLF2 file and not AVP2 files.
Maybe the intermediate process will help to translate correctly the informations and even allow you to import the animations?

Cya

Lucifero

Lucifero

avp2 pistol sweep In 1 month
1,754   visitors
5,050   subscriber

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jul 03, 2016, 12:04:30 PM
Hey,

to my knowledge there are no other programs which allows the conversion beside the outdated version of Lightwave if you could get your hands on it.

It's the ultimate problem with proprietary engines who probably worked marvelous as an internal tool but are terrible for cross-platform.

Maybe you could try (now that I think of it) to import the .abc (or .lta) of AVP2 into NOLF2 directly and then export it to Milkshape to see if it works because Milkshape is supposed to handle NOLF2 file and not AVP2 files.
Maybe the intermediate process will help to translate correctly the informations and even allow you to import the animations?

Cya
dear Celticant
if you have time and pleasure you could give it a try

I would like to import the skin of the runner (my avp2 favourite skin) and its bone animations
and see how it behaves on gmod.

but I do not know where to start some advice?

Lucifero

Lucifero

tnx iffy for this tip

this morning on steam

IFFY: you just use noesis
IFFY: and extract it
IFFY: and export it
Ω ✫Lucifer✫: you have any link iffy?
IFFY: just search on google
IFFY: easy
Ω ✫Lucifer✫: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/3y1qap/noesis_3d_model_viewer_and_extraction_tool/
Ω ✫Lucifer✫: ?
IFFY: idk
Ω ✫Lucifer✫: i give a try
Ω ✫Lucifer✫: tnx for tip iffy
IFFY: ☺

Noesis - 3D model viewer and extraction tool

Noesis is a program for viewing and extracting 3D assets from video games, and was created by a guy named Rich Whitehouse. Unlike the FFXI Model Viewer and Altana Viewer, Noesis is a universal model viewer designed to work with (almost) any video game. Thankfully, FFXI happens to be one of the games it works with.
Advantages:
Can view any .DAT file, including zones, not just character models.
Can export .DAT file models directly into several standard file formats, including .obj and .fbx formats.
Unless specifically disabled by the user, character models retain animations upon export.
Disadvantages:
Because Noesis was designed as a universal model viewer for all games, and not a model viewer specifically for any one particular game, the process for loading models involves just using a standard Windows Explorer window for loading files, which makes it a pain to find things if you don't already know exactly where to look. It's recommended that you use either the FFXI Model Viewer or Altana Viewer to find the file locations of the character models you want to load before you go browsing through the FFXI game folders via Noesis. Good luck figuring out which files to load for zones, though.
Noesis appears to have difficulty reading information for models that do not exist as a single, self-contained file. This means character models for NPCs work just fine, but models for player characters don't work. Or at least, I haven't figured out how to get them to work. Maybe I'm just not using the program correctly. I dunno. I'll have to experiment with this a little more.
Noesis can be downloaded for free from the "Resources" section on Rich Whitehouse's personal website, richwhitehouse.com. The direct link to the latest version (I think) is listed below:

Direct Download: Noesis — version 4.17

http://www.richwhitehouse.com/filemirror/noesisv417.zip

(9.83 MB) - (uploaded: 10/30/2015)

Lucifero

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed