Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 80,109 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Dec 22, 2017, 06:54:32 AM
TWW cops more flack than I think it deserves.  I've always found it a bit too long though.  Would've preferred a bit more of Sereda after More Than Human, ast he's almost a throwaway character in TWW.

I loved 3WW too. Agreed on Sereda too. I really loved him in MTH and was disappointed to see his role in this be so minimal.

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 22, 2017, 07:42:40 AM
I really liked it. Loved the covers for the series. Loved that we get an end to Machico's story.

I don't mind the art either. Im a fan of Rick Leonadi from his days on Spider-Man 2099. I can see how his style would be jarring to some, though.

I liked that Randy came back to do the story as well

I think the art works really well during the action sequences but no so much when they're stood around doing nothing.

SM

Also on the subject of recurring characters - I would've liked to see where they were going with the Xenogenesis characters like Elliot Sakada and Shaw.  Pity both AvP and Aliens drew out one issue storylines rather dully out over four issues each.  Aliens particularly was dumb as.

Russ840

I just cannot bring myself to read any of the Xenogenesis stuff.

Ultramorph

Predator Xenogenesis is decent. It's basiaclly Hunters but very 2000s. AVP Xenogenesis is dreadful. SM nailed it: barely one issue of story dragged out to four.

Xenomrph

Just heard back from Graham re: his blueprints book, he says the Disney/Fox sale won't impact his book at all and that it's "full steam ahead".

Ultramorph

Russ840

That is good news. That my most anticipated hardcover of 2018.

Ultramorph

That's actually a paperback of Fire and Stone.

Perfect-Organism

No, I don't think it is.  Chapters in Canada lists TPBs as paperbacks.  A quick glance at other TPBs confirms this.  That being said, it is too bad that it isn't a fancy-schmancy hardcover.

Russ840

Russ840

That's a paperback of Fire and stone. Collects the whole series

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3002-712/Aliens-Predator-Prometheus-AVP-Fire-and-Stone-TPB

This is its listing on the Dark Horse web site

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 30, 2017, 08:34:26 PM
Not sure if this was mentioned before, but it looks like we are getting the Life and Death TPB...

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/aliens-predator-prometheus-avp-fire/9781506707259-item.html?ikwid=prometheus+fire+and+stone&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=4

The item listing in the link says Fire and Stone, Perfect. Not Life and Death.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Oh no!  You're right.  That's not the first time I got them mixed up in my head.  Looks like I'm not perfect after all ;-)

I've been trying to get my hands on the hardcover.  It seems next to impossible to find it anywhere at a reasonable price.  I wonder if the paperback will feature all the goodies of the hardcover..

Looks like the hardcover is 480 pages and the TPB is 416.  Bummer, but to be expected..

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 31, 2017, 03:17:08 PMI've been trying to get my hands on the hardcover.  It seems next to impossible to find it anywhere at a reasonable price.  I wonder if the paperback will feature all the goodies of the hardcover..

Is there any reason for that, other than it just being out of print? I was looking into picking it up recently too but I couldn't find it anywhere at any sort of reasonable price either.

I'd love to get hold of it, but yeah, unless Dark Horse put out another printing that's probably unlikable. :(

Perfect-Organism

Yes, I dont think I can do without those missing 64 pages...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed