Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 80,088 times)

Corporal Hicks

I would hope that any remaining time on any licenses is honoured. I still hope it stays with DH, though.

Ultramorph

Hope it stays as well, or if it does move, they should go all-out with the license before it expires.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2017, 06:37:23 PM
I would hope that any remaining time on any licenses is honoured. I still hope it stays with DH, though.
Why would it? Disney owns their own in-house comic company. It's the same reason DH lost the Star Wars license.

Ultramorph

Yeah, it would be surprising if it stayed at DH. It will be interesting to see how the rest of their license plays out.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 12, 2017, 07:38:07 PM
Yeah, it would be surprising if it stayed at DH. It will be interesting to see how the rest of their license plays out.
Probably similar to Star Wars - authors finish their current arcs or miniseries, nothing new gets started.

Russ840

On the plus side, marvel would likely milk printing all the Aliens/Predator comics Like they are Dark Horses Star Wars stuff

SM

All those comics are widely available though aren't they?  I'm more concerned a Disney deal might jeopardise Grahams blueprint book.

Ultramorph

Yeah, I was looking over the weekend. The comics are dirt cheap on Comixology and DH's own app.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2017, 08:08:20 PM
All those comics are widely available though aren't they?  I'm more concerned a Disney deal might jeopardise Grahams blueprint book.
That's a good question. I just shot him an email to see if he knows anything.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It doesn't look like Titan publish the Star Wars novels so that has the potential to shift as well. I would hope that existing licensing deals are left until their due to expire. I would imagine that all the currently slated books are due within that time frame.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 12, 2017, 07:22:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 12, 2017, 06:37:23 PM
Why would it? Disney owns their own in-house comic company. It's the same reason DH lost the Star Wars license.

I don't think it would. I just hope it would.

SM

Didn't Disney can Clone Wars when they already had a stack of completed episodes? I wouldn't think anything is off limits.

426Buddy

This bums me out, I dont want Dark Horse to lose the license. It would feel wrong somehow, having marvel on an alien comic.

Ultramorph

My hope is that Disney pays enough attention to the license to keep it alive, but not enough to meddle with how things stand.

On a related note, the Mignola-verse solicits just went up, so I would expect the full solicits on Friday. Fingers crossed we learned what Dust to Dust is.

Russ840

They are but not in Hardcover. Even though Marvel's book quality is not as good for the price, as a hardcover collector, it would be nice to get some more of the material in that format.

I hope the Blueprint book is safe. Id be gutted if it was canned.

Ultramorph

Also worth keeping in mind that back when DH lost Star Wars, they knew in advance but Disney did not announce it so DH wouldn't have to announce the bad news before the holiday. We may not know one way or another until the New Year, even if the deal gets officially announced tomorrow like rumor says.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed