Highlander 2 : Renegade Version

Started by stickaround, Feb 07, 2007, 07:42:52 PM

Author
Highlander 2 : Renegade Version (Read 2,244 times)

stickaround

stickaround

Was wondering what people thought of this cut of the film (it's been updated again now with a different shield effect). The theatrical cut was an obvious mess but i liked this version ??

Corporal Hicks

I've only seen Endgame but I've been meaning to watch the others.  :-\

stickaround

The first one is the best and i really like the renegade version of the 2nd film, which is a true directors cut (unlike the better extended version of alien 3) It's amazing what a mess the studio made of the theatrical cut of highlander 2 (alot worse than alien 3) why don't they leave talented directors alone ! The 3rd one is pretty formulaic and endgame is probably the weakest of the four (checkout the 2 disc special edition if you can, has a more violent work print !)

Newsfop

Newsfop

What was changed in the 2nd one?  ???

Hankerson

Hankerson

I'm a very big fan of "Highlander" My favorite cut if H2 is the "Special Edition" the effects are even more updated than the "Renegade Version" with an additional scene that was re-shot years later. My favorite cut of H3 is "The Final Dimension". I haven't seen the new "Highlander" film "The Source" yet but I'm thinking about buying the Russian import version; another year for the American cut is just too long.

stickaround

Newsfop

Where do you begin with what was changed !!!

Scenes are put back in chronological order, the planet zeist story is dropped for a future one, there are completely new action scenes, extended scenes, more violence, different special effects etc etc

It's like watching a completely different movie, the best directors cut of a film i've seen. I always liked the look of the original cut and the "real" special effects. You could see there was a good movie in there and this is it.

If you can get hold of the renegade version there is a booklet that lists all the changes.

The 2nd special edition improves again on alot of the special effects and gives the shield a new colour. This is more of a "star wars" special edition but interesting nonetheless.

Stickaround

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed