Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 140,544 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

DH's March solicitations are up, and they include another (fantastic) variant cover, this one by Chris Warner.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/buffy-25-predator-life-and-death-and-more-in-dark-horses-march-2016-solicitations
Spoiler
[close]
I'm loving the variety in Predator looks already. Is it March yet?

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 14, 2015, 09:35:02 PM
I'm loving the variety in Predator looks already. Is it March yet?

f**king Voodoo magic mon

...though I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Cover art doesn't always make it into the interior...or it might, but ends up looking different/worse

RakaiThwei

As long as we don't see the Super Predators, or any Four-Armed Predators...

Still might give this one a pass though.

happypred

Also...kinda seeing a bit of dental resemblance

RakaiThwei

It's done by the same artist.

Corporal Hicks

Not liking that Warner variant.   :-\ Far too cartoony for me.

happypred

I'm loving it...like it more than Palumbo's, which I find underwhelming. Warner's looks like some sort of Yautja shaman

Ultramorph

Quote from: happypred on Dec 15, 2015, 05:07:43 AM
...though I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. Cover art doesn't always make it into the interior...or it might, but ends up looking different/worse

Oof, even seeing those 2009-10 covers makes me sad now.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

The Predator series wasn't great. :-\ That bombshell on Aliens #1 though!

Liberator

Focus on suspense, with enemies sneaking up on people who are caught alone or in tight spaces.

Ultramorph

happypred

I assume I could pre-order via DH Digital? That would help the series, yes?

Corporal Hicks

I believe all pre-orders help.

Perfect-Organism

Not really thrilled about the continued cross-over between Aliens and Predator.  That idea failed with the last two movies.  The novelty wore off a decade ago.  Now I find myself having to read through predator comics to get at some Aliens stories.  I mean it is obvious that there is an Aliens connection here, yet it is referred to as a predator comic.  Not cool.  I don't think this has Ridley Scott's support...

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I see your point. It seems every company is in a rush to catch some "cinematic universe" lightning in a bottle, but at least DH is giving us an Aliens series (Defiance) that seems to be its own thing, as well. I just hope they have some more freedom this time around. FaS seemed almost like a waste given how restricted they were.

That being said, I'm liking the interconnected stuff so far, so I'm interested to see what these series have to offer, especially since they're being helmed by really good writer.

I asked Randy Stradley on Twitter if this is a sequel to FaS, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed