News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 574,215 times)

Enoch

Enoch

Aha... so that is the case.
Many of us speculated about that when discussing Prometheus back in 2012.
Two different ships, two different writings... I always thought there were
two separate casts of engineers, and one cast rebelled (Satan, the bringer of light/knowledge).

I found that Easter Egg from Aliens: Colonial Marines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3aYzBQCUU

DorkiDori

heres the Colonial Marines easter egg vid...

windebieste

St Bartholemews Massacre.

'ALIEN: Covenant' set photo.  A passing resemblance?

- - -

That 'A:CM' easter egg is completely disposable.  Shooting the Jockey in the head is the lamest way to trigger any event in a video game.  Especially anything of any significance.  For that matter, the entire game is lame. 

Oh, and by the way.  Take a close look at the vehicle that attacks the Engineer ship - it's comprised of a pair of re-purposed assets - it's the Jockey's 'cannon'  inverted and added to the disk that his chair is mounted on.  Lame asset re-purposing as you can get.   

I guess the giant rolling donut is canon, too.  Huh?

It's a disposable Easter egg at best.  fergit it... 

-Windebieste.

DorkiDori

guess well find out if the A:CM easter egg is anything canon when A:C comes out next year ;)

and i thought of the same thing when I saw the dead engineers on steps picture... totally looks like the massacre photo!!!

windebieste

I don't think Scott will pay much attention to a sloppy Easter egg in a z-grade video game.  Honestly. 

-Windebieste.

Enoch

@windebieste

Agree with you. Still, I think there was a clash of two opposed sides... Milton Paradise lost, now St Bartholemew... :)

Lonely Universe

Yeah, as much as I want to believe it the UFO doesn't look anything like the one in Prometheus. It's not ovular.

Still think the Jockeys & Engineers are separate species warring against each other though.

windebieste

Quote from: Enoch on Nov 18, 2016, 12:26:22 AM
@windebieste

Agree with you. Still, I think there was a clash of two opposed sides... Milton Paradise lost, now St Bartholemew... :)

Right now, I'm thinking the same thing.  Possibly even 2 different factions of Engineers.  The same species.   The Ones who want us destroyed, for whatever reason; and the other group that (possibly may have) opposed them.   We could be witnessing the relics and artifacts of some distant 'civil war', maybe.

That's my line of thought at this stage.  The levels of symbolism we are seeing at the moment is suggestive (but not conclusive) in this regard.

-Windebieste.

Enoch

We are discussing the plot of the movie 9 months before its release :laugh:
Yes, nothing is conclusive at this moment, maybe we ll get even more
complex story, but I think that we can expect to see that conflict between
some factions and even hint of some other power (Maybe we ll get that Space Jockey at the end).

Pvt. Himmel

Slowdown both of you... Safe some stuff the next two films. :laugh:

windebieste

Don't forget, there's 2 more movies after this one.  Anything is possible at this stage.  WOW!

-Windebieste.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 18, 2016, 12:59:20 AM
Don't forget, there's 2 more movies after this one.  Anything is possible at this stage.  WOW!

-Windebieste.

Smartass. :laugh:

windebieste

I never denied it.   ;D

-Windebieste.

Pvt. Himmel

Protozoid

We've known since the Alien commentary that there are two groups of aliens at war, hence the crashed bomber. Prometheus just made it specific that this is an internal conflict, showing us two types of alien craft and two Engineers with very different attitudes. The Aliens: Colonial Marines Easter egg is Ridley Scott banging the fans over the head with this information by making it impossible to misunderstand. The saucer aliens and the croissant aliens are not the same.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed