Alien 5 Delayed "Pending" Alien: Paradise Lost

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2015, 01:45:05 AM

Author
Alien 5 Delayed "Pending" Alien: Paradise Lost (Read 55,776 times)

Ultramorph

This doesn't surprise me at all. Hopefully the extra time allows them to make the movie even better when it does come to fruition.

Adam802

Alien 5 is still happening guys, just saying.  We just have to wait longer.  And I guarantee, EVERYONE on this site will see it when it comes out eventually, just like P2.  We're alien fans, after all.

I just REALLY hope A5's not changed to drastically.  I mean, this was/is THE 1st Alien-only movie since 1997's A:R!  No predators or Prometheus crap mixed in.  Pure Alien(s).  How it should be imo.  And even better, its a sequel to Aliens!.........cant wait to see it..........one day........

Beatnation

YES YES YES!!! I hope Fox reconsider the direction they're taking with the Alien franchise with Blomhack, is he's not good enough writer/director to come with a good original idea then he doesn't deserve to be part of an Alien movie.

Jarac

Worst news of the year! You can bet this delay is indefinite. Sucks, I wanted to see Blompkamp's vision. Also, pretty sure this has little to do with Genysis, and more to do with how the Martian is doing. It show's that Scott still has "it". Genysis retconned the franchise's mlst beloved movies (the first two). Alien 5 would continue off of the favorited movies of the Alien franchise (the first two) and ignore the 3rd and 4th, which a lot of people were HAPPY to hear
*sigh*

Beatnation

"...as much as I love the xeno- and Lt ripley"

Exactly!, he doesn't love the Alien movies, he just want Ripley be AGAIN AND AGAIN the main protagonist instead create a good story, he just want to erase Alien 3 in favor of wet fanfiction just because, I hope Fox get another writer/director who truly respect and love the Alien franchise.

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: Beatnation on Oct 30, 2015, 03:46:13 PM
"...as much as I love the xeno- and Lt ripley"

Exactly!, he doesn't love the Alien movies, he just want Ripley be AGAIN AND AGAIN the main protagonist instead create a good story, he just want to erase Alien 3 in favor of wet fanfiction just because, I hope Fox get another writer/director who truly respect and love the Alien franchise.

Yeah, Alien 3 and Resurrection sure knew how to continue in the direction with new, interesting protagonists without bringing Ripley back.... wait...

But Resurrection didn't have any bullshit fanfic shit, like Ripley clones and Ripley having Alien superpowers and having psychic connections to the Aliens... right?!

Beatnation

To me Alien:RE it's an isolated story, it's so far ahead in the future it doesn't bothers me,  but Alien 3 should have been the end of Ripley story, if they want more Alien movies... that's actually great, but find a new lead, Ripley story ended with Alien 3, get over it.

Darkness

It's not a surprise. We knew it was going to be a while before it came out. But what happens to Weaver, Biehn and Blomkamp in the mean time? Isn't Weaver going to be tied up with three Avatar sequels in the near future. They can't really leave it for that much longer. There's much more hype for this Blomkamp project than anything Ridley Scott is doing. I guess all the interest in Alien 5 has kickstarted Ridley Scott to get his act together and get Prometheus 2 made. Maybe Ridley should take a page out of Blomkamp's book and post some concept art too.

viendammage

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 30, 2015, 03:58:58 PM
It's not a surprise. We knew it was going to be a while before it came out. But what happens to Weaver, Biehn and Blomkamp in the mean time? Isn't Weaver going to be tied up with three Avatar sequels in the near future. They can't really leave it for that much longer. There's much more hype for this Blomkamp project than anything Ridley Scott is doing. I guess all the interest in Alien 5 has kickstarted Ridley Scott to get his act together and get Prometheus 2 made. Maybe Ridley should take a page out of Blomkamp's book and post some concept art too.

It's up to Blomkamp to go off and do a kick ass movie that is a big hit. Then Fox will be begging for him to come back to do Aliens 2. Flip side is that he may lose interest or he'll go do a flop and Fox won't want to be in business with him. Weaver will not struggle for work and Biehn is financially stable from all the conventions he does to the point he turns down random roles. Which is sad for me cause I'd like to see more of him in movies. I hope this comes back around but man was that announcement a punch in the movie going fan gut!

Jarac

Quote from: Beatnation on Oct 30, 2015, 03:55:25 PM
To me Alien:RE it's an isolated story, it's so far ahead in the future it doesn't bothers me,  but Alien 3 should have been the end of Ripley story, if they want more Alien movies... that's actually great, but find a new lead, Ripley story ended with Alien 3, get over it.

Tell that to FOX. FOX has NEVER been able to let go of Ripley. Alien: Resurrection was the prime example of that. People would have been fine with it ended with A:3, but nope. And of course, we have the new books, Out of the Shadows and Sea of Sorrows (which had Ripley's descendent, who has a psychic connection to the damn Aliens!).

So if this movie continues Ripley's story and also brings it to a close while ignoring A3 and beyond... I'm okay with that.

Mr. Clemens

Ugh, he called the alien a 'xeno'.

This really is just as well. I was little more than morbidly curious, anyway.

THE CITY HUNTER

This guy is pissing me off! he keeps chatting shit first by retconning Alien 3 then this what next!

AllSaintsDay2099

[Rage induced screaming intensifies], who in their right mind would have EVER WANTED Prometheus, let alone Prometheus 2. I hated the first one with the rage of two million suns. It completely fudged up everything it tried to do. I've wanted an Alien 5 for years, and now it get's the shaft because of this crappy sequel. At this rate we'll all be in nursing home chairs trying to get a peek at this beautiful gem.

hfeldhaus

This is great news for two reasons really. Firstly, it means that it's going away for a while and may be forgotten. Secondly, if it does come back hopefully a new story is worked out that makes sense and Fox bring someone in to write the screenplay.

SpeedyMaxx

I'm sure it's about both Genisys and Scott's new hit.

Putting aside Ridley Scott and the success of The Martian, Terminator: Genisys was a huge, retro nostalgia-infused gamble designed to reignite that flagging franchise and create a new revitalized "cinematic universe" for the property from which that studio could spin out many more sequels. Sound familiar? They were even talking about a new TV show. But the film was one of the biggest turkeys of the year, and that's all been scuttled.

I have no doubt Fox (and other studios) took stock of the Terminator situation, and decided maybe having a director whose last two films were very poorly received mount a similar kind of revival which largely resembles not only all his other films but also glorified retro-nostalgia fanfiction was not in their best interest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed