Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly

Started by Darkness, Oct 04, 2015, 03:46:46 PM

Author
Alien Isolation 2 Seems Unlikely Says Creative Assembly (Read 49,662 times)

PsyKore

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 17, 2016, 08:08:21 PM
I'm sure it was revealed later down the line she was there all along to get the alien. I can't remember it's been that long. It was either mentioned in dialogue or in one of the computer logs.

Yes, I remember this. I believe it was an audio log, IIRC, but I'd have to play through again myself to find out for sure. However, she later abandoned it when she saw how dangerous the Alien is.

PRJ_since1990

Personally, I felt, after playing Isolation, that Burke was lying. Now perhaps he was just telling her what he knew, but it would be misinformation regardless. Why would WY want a lower-level exec to know about a different station that fell victim to an Alien encounter when they can just tell him that Ripley is very important to them and they want him to utilize any means necessary to have her fall victim to a facehugger and transplant the creature back to WY for surgical removal?

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 21, 2016, 12:07:05 AM
Personally, I felt, after playing Isolation, that Burke was lying. Now perhaps he was just telling her what he knew, but it would be misinformation regardless. Why would WY want a lower-level exec to know about a different station that fell victim to an Alien encounter when they can just tell him that Ripley is very important to them and they want him to utilize any means necessary to have her fall victim to a facehugger and transplant the creature back to WY for surgical removal?

But what would be the point of specifically impregnating her with the Alien?  How does WY benefit from that?  They could just as easily do it to anybody else, or to a monkey.

HuDaFuK

Burke didn't come up with the idea of impregnating Ripley until the opportunity presented itself on LV-426.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: PsyKore on May 20, 2016, 11:12:03 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 17, 2016, 08:08:21 PM
I'm sure it was revealed later down the line she was there all along to get the alien. I can't remember it's been that long. It was either mentioned in dialogue or in one of the computer logs.

Yes, I remember this. I believe it was an audio log, IIRC, but I'd have to play through again myself to find out for sure. However, she later abandoned it when she saw how dangerous the Alien is.

I see. And I remember now that Taylor was the one who released Marlow from his cell in exchange for the derelict co-ordinates on LV-426.

OpenMaw

Because the company ultimately had nothing to do with what happened in Aliens. It was all Burke acting on his own, for his own personal gain.

Scorpio

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 03, 2016, 11:42:01 PM

Because the company ultimately had nothing to do with what happened in Aliens. It was all Burke acting on his own, for his own personal gain.

He was acting on his own but he was also a pawn for The Company.  He said something like "Those two specimens are worth millions to the bioweapons division".  He could only know that if they communicated something to him.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 04, 2016, 06:26:50 AMHe said something like "Those two specimens are worth millions to the bioweapons division".

Basic common sense would account for that comment.

There's nothing to suggest the wider company knew what he was doing or had any hand in it.

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 04, 2016, 09:45:33 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 04, 2016, 06:26:50 AMHe said something like "Those two specimens are worth millions to the bioweapons division".

There's nothing to suggest the wider company knew what he was doing or had any hand in it.

I personally believe Burke acted alone as well, no doubt the company has some real scumbags working for them but the idea of the whole company being like the evil empire never sat well with me, too comic book-ish. One of the reason I dislike A:CM is because of how bond villainy they made them.

Anyway I don't mind if Isolation doesn't get a sequel because the game works as it is, it was a very good game that redeemed the franchise a little bit after A:CM. A sequel may rehash it or worse, become more action orientated which is not what Isolation was about. I wouldn't mind a sequel but it would have to be better than the first without compromising itself.

Xenomania

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 10, 2016, 07:44:48 PMAnyway I don't mind if Isolation doesn't get a sequel because the game works as it is, it was a very good game that redeemed the franchise a little bit after A:CM. A sequel may rehash it or worse, become more action orientated which is not what Isolation was about. I wouldn't mind a sequel but it would have to be better than the first without compromising itself.
The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long. :'( I have to say, I both love and hate the open-ended way Isolation ended.

The Cruentus

Well since we know Amanda's fate, it is not really that open ended. Amanda got rescued and lived until she was old. I believe if they did make a sequel, they would use Amanda again but what sane person would want to go through all that again, they would need a good reason to make her encounter the xenos again.

Xenomania

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2016, 08:37:59 AM
Well since we know Amanda's fate, it is not really that open ended. Amanda got rescued and lived until she was old. I believe if they did make a sequel, they would use Amanda again but what sane person would want to go through all that again, they would need a good reason to make her encounter the xenos again.
Well, I meant that (WY?) ship that came to rescue her - they could easily continue the story from there. Of course, maybe the end was all a dream like someone theorised, and she was just having a nightmare in the infirmary of the Torrens. ;)

The Cruentus

The ship that rescued her would need to have a Xenomorph on it for the story to continue or at least for the ship to stupidly go where the Xenomorphs are.

g2vd

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2016, 11:44:54 AM
The ship that rescued her would need to have a Xenomorph on it for the story to continue or at least for the ship to stupidly go where the Xenomorphs are.
They could have the Xeno that got sucked out with her somehow latch onto the ship undetected somehow and stayed hidden.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 10, 2016, 07:44:48 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 04, 2016, 09:45:33 AM

I personally believe Burke acted alone as well, no doubt the company has some real scumbags working for them but the idea of the whole company being like the evil empire never sat well with me, too comic book-ish.
I guess you never heard of IGN. :D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 11, 2016, 11:44:54 AM

There's still a Derelict. There's also other ships that departed Sevestapol. Other other Engineer locations. Plenty of other ways to go with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed