Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,929 times)

Kurai

Spoiler
Not sure if this is a story-related or artist related fact, but anyone notice how issue 5's Aliens were Cameron's Warriors rather than Isolation's Big Chaps? I like to think that this is because as we go deeper into the story that the Aliens are older.
[close]

Russ840

Quote from: Kurai on Sep 30, 2016, 09:21:38 PM
Spoiler
Not sure if this is a story-related or artist related fact, but anyone notice how issue 5's Aliens were Cameron's Warriors rather than Isolation's Big Chaps? I like to think that this is because as we go deeper into the story that the Aliens are older.
[close]

Spoiler
there is a dog alien in there on one panel as well. You can see it couched in front of warrior. It has a smooth head with slim on it.  No dorsal spines. The slim kind of looks like ridges but I think that is to hide it
[close]

Sabres21768

Spoiler
You're right. I didn't even notice that on the first read through
[close]

Russ840

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Oct 01, 2016, 04:42:18 PM
Spoiler
You're right. I didn't even notice that on the first read through
[close]

I have noticed so many really nice little visual queues in this issue also. Such a great artist.

Local Trouble

Spoiler
[close]

Didn't AVPR ruin that for us already or have we been given leave to disregard it?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Finally got around to reading #5, and I loved it!
Spoiler
I'm still down for where this mystery is headed. I'm enjoying seeing Zula struggle with her loyalties, and Davis remains a favorite of mine.

I liked the number of Easter eggs in this issue, from the Prometheus space suit to the Cyberdyne logo, to the dog-alien to the Auriga-type ship. I will say, though, when I heard there was a dog-alien in the issue, I thought we were talking about a Tim Lebbon dog-alien, and got way too excited!  :laugh:

Tristan just killed it on the art. Those xenos look amazing, and I liked the electric gun they used to subdue them.
[close]

Nostromo

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I love the art, the characters and the somewhat obfuscated storyline, but I'm fearing that this series is going get too action oriented. To me it feels like we're heading that direction.

Spoiler
I was NOT pleased to see the Colonial Marines being introduced in full force. It was kind of a relief to leave them out and focus on other human elements. I hope that the CM squads are eliminated fast and won't become an integral part of A:D.
[close]

Nostromo

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Oct 02, 2016, 09:33:43 PM
I love the art, the characters and the somewhat obfuscated storyline, but I'm fearing that this series is going get too action oriented. To me it feels like we're heading that direction.

Spoiler
I was NOT pleased to see the Colonial Marines being introduced in full force. It was kind of a relief to leave them out and focus on other human elements. I hope that the CM squads are eliminated fast and won't be can integral part of A:D.
[close]

Yes, let's hope they all get decimated quickly I didn't like that electric gun crap thing in the end there. I like the new 3 person crew. I too prefer to see more scientific and horror stuff than guns.

Ultramorph

Bleeding Cool has a badass preview of #6:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/02/exclusive-dark-horse-previews-tomb-raider-9-aliens-defiance-6/
The art just keeps getting better and better!

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 01, 2016, 09:54:01 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Didn't AVPR ruin that for us already or have we been given leave to disregard it?

Predator infused growth hormones to get the hunt underway faster.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 03, 2016, 03:13:24 AM
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/02/exclusive-dark-horse-previews-tomb-raider-9-aliens-defiance-6/

Just wow. Really need to go pick up #5.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Oct 02, 2016, 09:33:43 PM
Spoiler
I was NOT pleased to see the Colonial Marines being introduced in full force. It was kind of a relief to leave them out and focus on other human elements. I hope that the CM squads are eliminated fast and won't become an integral part of A:D.
[close]

Spoiler
Personally, I'm loving that they've brought the Marines into it, if only because this time they're the quote unquote "bad guys". That's something we haven't seen before. I see some potential there.
[close]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2016, 07:36:21 AM

F*ck a duck,

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2016, 07:36:21 AMJust wow. Really need to go pick up #5.

You really do!

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2016, 07:36:21 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 03, 2016, 03:13:24 AM

Just wow. Really need to go pick up #5.

By the Hammer of Thor. Dammit Tristan, you really are spoiling us

426Buddy

Amazing Tristan!

God I love this series. That art is rising to the top all time alien comic art. Look out Beauvais and Plunkett, you now have some competition!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed