Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,914 times)

Ultramorph

Does
Spoiler
Davis come back?
[close]

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Jun 23, 2017, 12:05:06 PM
Spoiler
I was a bit mixed about that too.  After all she went through, it was a real shock for Yang to tell Zula she was dead some time after her initial scenes.  The positive was - it was a real shock.
[close]

Spoiler
it made me realise that i really quite liked Hollis.
[close]

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 23, 2017, 12:50:57 PM
Does
Spoiler
Davis come back?
[close]

Spoiler
he does not come back but Zula retrieves his CPU from hos body in the ocean.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

You know i actually found this issue pretty coherent and actually satisfyiing, even though it teased more to come. The art was pretty decent, i liked the way the aliens were drawn, pretty faithful to Aliens i think.

Spoiler
Im bummed about Hollis, but im glad Davis1 isnt completely gone.
[close]
I really hope they have a season 2. I just hope Tristan returns for the whole run.

Ultramorph

Be sure to write to DH and tell them. I would be fine if it came back one issue every other month if it gave Tristan time to do each issue.

426Buddy

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 24, 2017, 11:19:41 PM
Be sure to write to DH and tell them. I would be fine if it came back one issue every other month if it gave Tristan time to do each issue.

Oh I have  ;D I've probably written a dozen emails regarding Tristan and more alien comics. I actually did get a reply once.

tyrannosaurusjones

I'd come back in a heart beat. I'm working on Halo and Dracula at the moment and have just inked in a horror project at Waxwork Records, so we'll see how the year pans out, but if I can fit it in or maybe have something to roll into for next year's Alien day, then I'd do it for sure. You guys have all been a great support.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jun 26, 2017, 01:09:59 AM
I'd come back in a heart beat. I'm working on Halo and Dracula at the moment and have just inked in a horror project at Waxwork Records, so we'll see how the year pans out, but if I can fit it in or maybe have something to roll into for next year's Alien day, then I'd do it for sure. You guys have all been a great support.

Love how between you, Dane Hallet and co that Aussies are killing it in the Alien sandbox. Bravo mate.

HuDaFuK

Shit... Forgot to pick up this last issue at the weekend. Will have to wait until next weekend now!

426Buddy

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jun 26, 2017, 01:09:59 AM

Nice, ill have to check out your Dracula project when its released. A Dracula story with your art sounds amazing.

I do hope you get to do more Alien related stuff, your art is perfect for the Alien universe. Its really some wonderful stuff, i'll be crossing my fingers.

Kurai

Kurai

Spoiler

Weyland-Yutani potentially having "Alien Biomatter" from Hollis really opens up some scary possibilities for a sequel. While I doubt they'd be able to clone a proper Alien with their current technology, I wouldn't be surprised if we got treated to Alien-doped creatures or humans that are somewhat like the failed Ripley clones, except functional. It would be a neat horror outing that doesn't have to worry too much about the films getting in the way. And if Isolation 2 isn't happening, there's always Amanda's return that can be factored in as well. I imagine Davis may be getting a somewhat more human design if he comes back.
[close]

So while issue 11 was a bit of a mess with the jumping back and forth between the past and present, issue 12 was an alright send off. I feel the series as a whole needed more breathing room, the flashbacks in issue 11 certainly could have been better if they were their own issue rather than as flashbacks.

Ultramorph

Spoiler
I think we'll be getting hybrids or something, too. They made a big deal about WY's ability to clone xenos from small samples, so I see that getting addressed.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

I felt this final issue was a big let down. It was like important stuff happened off panel

NeoXenoPred

I loved this one. Zula, Hollis, and Davis 1 are great characters
Spoiler
too bad Hollis and Davis 1 didn't make it
[close]

Corporal Hicks

SM

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed