Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 195,340 times)

HuDaFuK

Yeah, if I didn't know better I'm not entirely sure I'd even notice from that image.

Feeling less concerned now.

Spoiler
Also, love that they've used the Alien 3 Queenburster design.
[close]

Ultramorph

Inetersting how both Defiance and Life and Death
Spoiler
are now focusing on the protagonists having a baby xenomorph queen.
[close]

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 23, 2016, 07:06:35 PM
Yeah, if I didn't know better I'm not entirely sure I'd even notice from that image.

Feeling less concerned now.

Spoiler
Also, love that they've used the Alien 3 Queenburster design.
[close]

It is a good match. The styles are so similar that it won't be jarring going from one issue to the next. I think a lot of it is to do with the colourist though.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, very similar approach to it. The transition isn't going to jarring judging from that preview.

Prez

Prez

Nice work. Keyline is tighter and overall cleaner than Tristan's (who has a more interesting style that echoes Moebius in some ways - he loves adding those squiggles to evoke further details).

Anyway enough arty blabber from me ... I'm digging this and I like where this is heading story wise.

cyberphoenix

cyberphoenix

How about a theory on
Spoiler
Big Ugly
[close]
?

Spoiler
Obviously Big Ugly is an interesting xenomorph... with a weird colored head that looks more like skin is stretched over the warrior's head, and some weird crest like thing, and since we know Dr.Hollis is hosting a queen burster, what if Big Ugly is said buster, but altered into a "sterilized" queen, like a half-queen burster half-normal adult xenomorph? Yeah, it sounds crazy, but these descriptions give it away "
#8 Keeping a baby Xenomorph alive, even in a frozen state, contradicts all the survival instincts that Zula and Hollis have...
#9 ...They try to keep it together, but an attack on the Europa by space pirates forces the trio to weaponize what they seek to destroy.
#10 An attack on the Europa by space pirates leaves Zula, Davis, and Hollis on a barely functional ship. They now must return to Earth...
so it obviously means they keep the queen burster alive, but hate doing so, but later are forced to weaponize what they hate for their own safety.This is where Big Ugly comes in. For starters, look at this one image:

Notice the stretched skin and the weird side bumps, as well as the small crest, as well as the blue Earth oceans in the bottom right
...now look at this queen burster statue:

it definitely looks like the head of the queen burster attached to a normal xenomorph, but the head spines of a normal adult warrior are developing under the skin, like its some incorrectly developed mutant, as a result from Davis and Dr. Hollis messing with it, to find a way to quickly weaponize it, so the possibly activated the "normal" xenomorph gene, since they grow faster, and because they don't want a queen laying eggs to deal with later, so they go for some quasi-queen thing instead, so its both powerful and has influence over the other xenos to help kill the space pirates, but the grows much quicker and won't lay eggs nonstop, and will be easier to kill later than a true queen would be, the best of both worlds.

In regards to the oceans, that's just to show Big Ugly isn't in a flashback, but rather present as the trio are forced to return to Earth.

[close]

Sure this is random head-canoning for the most part, but  at least it was fun to think up

SrSpinelli

Quote from: cyberphoenix on Nov 26, 2016, 07:57:20 AM
How about a theory on
Spoiler
Big Ugly
[close]
?

Spoiler
Obviously Big Ugly is an interesting xenomorph... with a weird colored head that looks more like skin is stretched over the warrior's head, and some weird crest like thing, and since we know Dr.Hollis is hosting a queen burster, what if Big Ugly is said buster, but altered into a "sterilized" queen, like a half-queen burster half-normal adult xenomorph? Yeah, it sounds crazy, but these descriptions give it away "
#8 Keeping a baby Xenomorph alive, even in a frozen state, contradicts all the survival instincts that Zula and Hollis have...
#9 ...They try to keep it together, but an attack on the Europa by space pirates forces the trio to weaponize what they seek to destroy.
#10 An attack on the Europa by space pirates leaves Zula, Davis, and Hollis on a barely functional ship. They now must return to Earth...
so it obviously means they keep the queen burster alive, but hate doing so, but later are forced to weaponize what they hate for their own safety.This is where Big Ugly comes in. For starters, look at this one image:

Notice the stretched skin and the weird side bumps, as well as the small crest, as well as the blue Earth oceans in the bottom right
...now look at this queen burster statue:

it definitely looks like the head of the queen burster attached to a normal xenomorph, but the head spines of a normal adult warrior are developing under the skin, like its some incorrectly developed mutant, as a result from Davis and Dr. Hollis messing with it, to find a way to quickly weaponize it, so the possibly activated the "normal" xenomorph gene, since they grow faster, and because they don't want a queen laying eggs to deal with later, so they go for some quasi-queen thing instead, so its both powerful and has influence over the other xenos to help kill the space pirates, but the grows much quicker and won't lay eggs nonstop, and will be easier to kill later than a true queen would be, the best of both worlds.

In regards to the oceans, that's just to show Big Ugly isn't in a flashback, but rather present as the trio are forced to return to Earth.

[close]

Sure this is random head-canoning for the most part, but  at least it was fun to think up
The head looks very similar to the Spitters form the awful ACM game
Spoiler
[close]

Russ840

Great issue. The artist has done a great job emulating Tristan.

Ingwar

Started reading Aliens:Defiance. What a feast! Feel like a teenager again. Do you recommend any other comics from Alien series?

Perfect-Organism

I've been out of the loop a bit on this one.  What is the latest issue that has been published?

Is Tristan really leaving?

Russ840

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 08, 2016, 03:25:10 AM
I've been out of the loop a bit on this one.  What is the latest issue that has been published?

Is Tristan really leaving?

Tristan has left as of issue 6.

Issue 7 came out yesterday.

Corporal Hicks

Quite enjoyed #7. I think they did a great job getting Stephen Thompson on board. He has a similar style to Tristain so the visual continuity is maintained. Wasn't a massive fan of the larger holographic scans of
Spoiler
the Queen CB
[close]
but otherwise I dug the art.

I'm going to have to do a re-read of the series so far, see how the story is flowing from one issue to another.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2016, 08:33:25 AMI'm going to have to do a re-read of the series so far, see how the story is flowing from one issue to another.

I did that after 6, seeing as we were halfway through it. It really bounces along so far.

Corporal Hicks

In a good way?

HuDaFuK

Definitely :)

Looking forward to picking up #7. Glad the art is being kept stylistically similar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed