AVPG meetings

Started by THE CITY HUNTER, Jun 22, 2015, 03:24:45 PM

Author
AVPG meetings (Read 2,496 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

I just replied to a forum and was talking about fan made AVP movie and i was thinking why don't AVPG members meet up somewhere and make a movie or just do something related to AVP. It is unlikely and we do have a website for a reason ::)but it was something in my mind what is your opinion.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As lovely as that might be, there's not enough interest and we're all spread too far out. I tried to do a showing of Alien and Aliens and only about 10 people showed up.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 26, 2015, 07:12:18 AM
As lovely as that might be, there's not enough interest and we're all spread too far out. I tried to do a showing of Alien and Aliens and only about 10 people showed up.
Hope in the future it happens (maybe display something on that on the front page and get the UK fans to come along i will defiantly come)Great someone likes the idea (by the way when did you display the movie maybe try again)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

That's not bad actually. That's passenger van size. :)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 28, 2015, 12:37:49 PM
That's not bad actually. That's passenger van size. :)
Shall we give it an other try?

Randomizer

Randomizer

The unfortunate truth. My friend and I would like to go.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I had purposefully picked a city with lots of access and the cinema was the world's smallest cinema (in the Guiness Book of Records) too and still didn't get every seat filled.

As much as I'd love to, I really don't see it being feasible.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

IMAX or bust.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Pft. If I couldn't fill 20 seats, I'm not shelling out for an entire Imax theatre.

Darkness

Darkness

To be fair, Nottingham isn't exactly a major city.

I think doing something like this is better suited to those one-off conventions where there's a whole day of stuff to do and it's all Alien related.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 29, 2015, 12:17:32 PM

It's not London, no, but it's not a none city. Easily accessible.  Middle of the country.

QuoteI think doing something like this is better suited to those one-off conventions where there's a whole day of stuff to do and it's all Alien related.

It would be great to have more Alien (vs.Predator/Prometheus) specific conventions. I loved the 25th Anniversary event they did at Leicester.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 12:51:29 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Jun 29, 2015, 12:17:32 PM

It's not London, no, but it's not a none city. Easily accessible.  Middle of the country.

QuoteI think doing something like this is better suited to those one-off conventions where there's a whole day of stuff to do and it's all Alien related.

It would be great to have more Alien (vs.Predator/Prometheus) specific conventions. I loved the 25th Anniversary event they did at Leicester.
Shall we do something like that.I have an idea,why dont we ask members if they would like to come if they agree then see how many people you can get then if that is enough then we can rent it.I am a new member and i would love to do something like  that (or you could get everyone to come to your house, come on we know you live in a mansion and you have a cinema in your room ;))

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ha, I wish I lived in a mansion.

Organizing a convention is a bit outside my scope of experience. I'd happily help folk do it but I don't think it'd be something we'd be doing here.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 02:26:36 PM
Ha, I wish I lived in a mansion.

Organizing a convention is a bit outside my scope of experience. I'd happily help folk do it but I don't think it'd be something we'd be doing here.
do you think anyone in your team would want to do it like HUDAFUK

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

HuDa isn't staff, I'm afraid.

But no, I don't think any of us have any experience in that kind of event organizing. And like the members, the staff are also all over the place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed