can someone help?

Started by predator rocks, Sep 10, 2007, 02:49:57 AM

Author
can someone help? (Read 1,598 times)

predator rocks

predator rocks

Can anybody tell me who came up withe the idea for predator, and who designed it??

Thanks

Irritator

Irritator

QuoteCan anybody tell me

Yeah, the movie credits.

:|

arnold23

arnold23

Stan Winston was on a plane with James Cameron and James said he "always wanted to see something with madibles"

So stan invented the Predator...

Caledonia

Caledonia

Quote from: arnold23 on Sep 10, 2007, 04:56:39 AM
Stan Winston was on a plane with James Cameron and James said he "always wanted to see something with madibles"

So stan invented the Predator...
True Story, it's on the extras disc for Predator

QuoteTowards the end of the talk, one of the developers in the audience posed a problem to Stan: How do you create a strong character when you don't have much, if any, story? Winston conceded that this was a very difficult problem, but it was one that he also had faced in the film industry. When Winston was brought on board the Predator movie, it had already been shot. The monster they had wasn't working, so they needed Winston to build a replacement. In the movie, the Predator's character is never really discussed, but he's the title character, so he still had to be very compelling. Winston started by looking for existing images that told the kind of story he wanted to tell about the Predator, and eventually wound up basing the designs off a statue of a Rastafarian warrior, and working outward from there.
http://www.gamegirladvance.com/archives/2004/03/30/stan_winston_on_character_design.html

SiL

SiL

Uh, James and John Thomas invented the Predator. Stan simply designed it (well, I'm sure it wasn't simple ... you know what I mean).

arnold23

arnold23

Quote from: SiL on Sep 10, 2007, 06:04:45 AM
Uh, James and John Thomas invented the Predator. Stan simply designed it (well, I'm sure it wasn't simple ... you know what I mean).

Not quite true...There original concept was thrown out after a week of shooting, so they called in Stan to do a new creature.  Just the character of the Predator was invinted by the Thomas bros, the Real Predator is all Stan.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: arnold23 on Sep 10, 2007, 06:18:54 AM
Just the character of the Predator was invinted by the Thomas bros,
Yes ... they created it. Stan designed it, and it was then modified, but the Thomas Bros still invented the Predator.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

they invinted the idea...not the look

predator rocks

predator rocks

Thanks folks!!!!!!!!

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Sep 10, 2007, 12:21:41 PM
they invinted the idea...not the look
Which is exactly what he said, do keep up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed