Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 304,542 times)

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Comparing Newt and Hicks to other dead characters doesn't work because those other characters didn't die in such a controversial way. (I realize, we're talking about Ripley at the moment, but the point still applies)

Ingwar

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 01, 2017, 12:10:41 AM
We want a good film.

If that film serves as a replacement for Alien³, then even better.

But Alien3 is a great movie.

Kel G 426

Not for the ProKamp.  You're obviously in the NoKamp.

Lonely Universe

Alien 3 is an okay movie that has the Alien name attached to it. If it didn't, no one would be talking about it today. You might find it in a 3 pack with Split Second & I Come In Peace.

windebieste

but it is an 'ALIEN' movie; and people do talk about it.  What's more it's a decent movie; and substantially better than what passes as Sci-fi in the cinema today, much of which is forgotten within 12 months, let alone discussed a quarter of a Century later.

'ALIEN 3' still kicks ass - and it's getting better as time passes by.  Not a lot of Sci-Fi can do that. I like to think of it as the series 'survivor.  Unclouded by remorse or delusions of morality'. 

Yeah.  It's an 'ALIEN' movie, alright.

-Windebieste.

BishopShouldGo

Ick. Neill, save us all.

windebieste

Don't worry.  I'm confident Neill B. will make 'ALIEN 5'.  It will just be different to what people currently believe it to be. 

That's a good thing.   ;D

-Windebieste.

Kel G 426

It's possible, of course.  I think I heard that Neill had a story with no Ripley before talking with Weaver.  He may still go with that, if Weaver is too wrapped up with the Avatar sequels.

I also wonder if it's possible, that Covenant could be too successful for Alien 5.  Fox may decide to skip it and move ahead with the prequel trilogy.

D88M

jeez, the only good movie he did was District 9  before selling his soul to the hellish hollywood and start making bad movies, he is not even close the right person for the job, even less if he wants to ignore Alien 3 and Resurrection which is just stupid

echobbase79

Peter Briggs told me that Peter Jackson actually had to come in and save District 9. Apparently the first cut was a disaster.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 02, 2017, 03:52:20 AM
It's possible, of course.  I think I heard that Neill had a story with no Ripley before talking with Weaver.  He may still go with that, if Weaver is too wrapped up with the Avatar sequels.

I also wonder if it's possible, that Covenant could be too successful for Alien 5.  Fox may decide to skip it and move ahead with the prequel trilogy.

I would love to see what his original idea without Ripley is. I wonder what new character he had thought up then and what they'd add to the story. This is what intrigues me and I hope to see him go down that route. It will add some interesting diversity.

Ripley's a great character, but she's had lots of movies. I'd love to see more of these unsung heroes stand up to the nightmarish Alien.

I liked Shaw despite her flaws and am excited to see Daniels in Covenant.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 31, 2016, 08:44:24 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 31, 2016, 03:08:10 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 30, 2016, 11:50:13 PM
I'm an agreement with you though. I hated that Hicks and Newt died in Alien3 but they did. Going back seems silly. It reminds me of when Alien: Resurrection was getting made and there were rumors that the third film was going to be a dream. I wish Resurrection was a dream.

Alien3 as a dream? You cannot take seriously Alien movie if it's a dream. Alien3 happened and Hicks, Newt and Ripley are dead :).

Yeah, there was some rumors where Ripley wakes from cryo sleep and Hicks and Newt are still alive. I don't know how serious it was, but they were reporting it in big Sci-Fi magazines like Cinescape and Sci-Fi Universe.

Was Chappie any good? I've never seen it.

It was ok. Nothing special. Copley and Chappie as a character was great though.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 30, 2016, 09:57:22 PM
Not fan of Blomkamp. I like District 9 though.

I don't understand idea of this upcoming movie because I like Alien3. What's the purpose of Alien 3.2? Why doing it?

Basically majority of fanbase loathed A3, and AR!!! ;)

426Buddy

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 03, 2017, 04:30:24 PM

I don't understand idea of this upcoming movie because I like Alien3. What's the purpose of Alien 3.2? Why doing it?

The majority of the fanbase are over reactive and hyperbolic. Alien3 and A:R are only terrible movies because Alien and Aliens are so great. IMO Taken on their own merits both films are better then most of what gets released in this genre, mediocre to good if you ask me.

They just don't compare to the first 2 films.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 03, 2017, 04:41:43 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 03, 2017, 04:30:24 PM

The majority of the fanbase are over reactive and hyperbolic. Alien3 and A:R are only terrible movies because Alien and Aliens are so great. IMO Taken on their own merits both films are better then most of what gets released in this genre, mediocre to good if you ask me.

They just don't compare to the first 2 films.
Nothing compares to the first 2 films. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed