The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 240,523 times)

HuDaFuK

Or you're just putting ridiculous emphasis on a mural that's glimpsed for a few seconds that may of may not show a stylised representation of the things in the book...

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 30, 2015, 05:43:36 PM
Or you're just putting ridiculous emphasis on a mural that's glimpsed for a few seconds that may of may not show a stylised representation of the things in the book...

That my dear Huda cannot be ruled out.   ;)

Ultramorph

It was a coincidene. IIRC when Corporal Hicks interviewed Lebbon he said it wasn't his intention. I don't think he even likes Prometheus.

Vrastal

Im not very excited for this. I enjoyed most of the books, i havnet read any of them except for earth hive-female war in a very long time, but i enjoyed them fro the most part. But this seems a bit silly. even IF aliens could be weaponized, they have to be transported on a ship. and i imagine predator ships have even greater weaponry then their personal armory, as their ships weapons.

Ill get this series but im a bit skeptical about it.

Perfect-Organism

I'm beyond sceptical.  I would see an AVP film, but I haven't bought anything AVP in terms of books and comics since the first series by Phil Norwood and Randy Stradley.  I probably won't buy these books.

Oh, correction, I did buy the AVP novelization.  I can't get through it.  It acts as a dust accumulator.

Samhain13

Quote from: Nazrel on Mar 30, 2015, 06:26:54 PM
  i imagine predator ships have even greater weaponry then their personal armory, as their ships weapons.

That's what I thought, if the predators have a threat following them they can just destroy it with their ship. The closest we have seen of that  was in AVP 2010 when a pred ship destroyed that sulaco like ship with a few shots.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 30, 2015, 06:02:26 PM
It was a coincidene. IIRC when Corporal Hicks interviewed Lebbon he said it wasn't his intention.

Tis the truth. Wasn't his intention. Doesn't mean he might not. Who knows.

predxeno

This story would make a LOT more sense if it was the Engineers who were driving the Predators out, they're the only force we know of that could potentially be stronger than the Preds; if it's humans who are driving the Predators to such lengths then the whole story just seems silly.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Could be the Engineers, too soon to know. Like I said before, I would love it if that was the case. Humans, Predators, and Arcturians teaming up to stop an Engineer invasion would be pretty sweet. More than likely the villains will be either WY or the dog-aliens, though.

RakaiThwei

Don't rule out the Super Predators. I mean.. we do know that they also have tensions with the mainstream ones too!

predxeno

Ugh, I don't want to hear any more about the Arcturians, as u keep saying they just detract attention from the real alien stars of the series.

Good point about the BSPs tho, completely forgot about them.

Ultramorph

Ha, I had forgotten about the BSPs, too.

Perfect-Organism

If the Engineers show up... well, I might actually read it then.  Predators bore me.  I think if we add Arcturians, then we will be in a whole new Star Trek type of universe.  But it is better to explore that in books than on film.  I think I could only stomach Arcturians if they were an Engineer creation like us.  That would be interesting, and it would explain why they loosely look like us, if indeed they do...

Nightmare Asylum

I still find it kind of silly to present the Arcturians as aliens at all. I never took the term Arcturian to be anything more than a label for a group of people on another colony (Arcturia or something along those lines).

Perfect-Organism

It's actually Arcturus if we are referencing the actual star not Arcturia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcturus

It could really be Aliens or humans.  I wouldn't be surprised if Arcturians were actually genderless humans that were created by the Engineers.  Hence why it doesn't matter if they're female or not...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed