Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 622,176 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 07, 2019, 12:52:02 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 07, 2019, 12:43:56 AMCorrect. But the "pickup artistry" in question isn't about just being good at dates or reading social cues in the hopes of finding a partner, it's about feeding your ego through casual sex, viewed explicitly as conquest.

Isn't that your personal definition?
I only read one book but to most it's exactly about being good at dates or reading social cues in the hopes of finding a partner.

Not at all. You're not really wrong about that book in particular, but modern internet pickup artistry is a highly toxic community - and closely tied to various other scummy online communities.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 07, 2019, 01:04:54 AM
Not at all. You're not really wrong about that book in particular, but modern internet pickup artistry is a highly toxic community - and closely tied to various other scummy online communities.

What communities? Now I'm curious...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The general fallout from gamergate/anti-sjw stuff, such as self-identified incels, MGTOW, new-wave white supremacists etc.

SM

Huggs

Huggs

Are you talking about the guys who are virgins against their will?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

In part, yee

Huggs

Huggs

I remember seeing them on the news a few years ago.

Poor fellas. They should've just become giger fans.

It's common knowledge that merely gazing upon his work will blast any traces of virginity into oblivion.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2019, 02:10:23 AM
Check out definitions for PUA and the kind of people they're adjacent with.

This is it where it becomes political and I quit discussing things because it never turns out well.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 07, 2019, 03:24:08 AM
Quote from: SM on May 07, 2019, 02:10:23 AM
Check out definitions for PUA and the kind of people they're adjacent with.

This is it where it becomes political and I quit discussing things because it never turns out well.

I think you can discuss this kind of thing without being political about it. I'm by no means looking for an argument, but could you explain why you feel it's inherently political? Seems more psychological to me personally.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 07, 2019, 03:33:53 AMI think you can discuss this kind of thing without being political about it. I'm by no means looking for an argument, but could you explain why you feel it's inherently political? Seems more psychological to me personally.

I know. But I saw something about men's rights in that list. Then we automatically get to feminism as well.
Isn't that stuff political? I ask because I don't really know.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I suppose it is. I reckon i've seen the absolute worst both of those camps have to offer and can discuss such matters without getting heated, but maybe that's just me.

SM

SM

It's political if you're an anti-feminist.

The overwhelming majority of people are not.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 07, 2019, 03:24:08 AM

Oh yeah Baron, I'm with you brother. It's political. Far left. Far right. And you're right to avoid that groupthink toxicity in my humble opinion.

The majority of us in the middle support equal rights in gender, race and sexuality while avoiding the minority labeling fringe (thank goodness).

Huggs

Huggs

The world is full of jerks of both genders. Game is irrelevant. Man or woman, if you're laying down with someone you just met, you have severe self-esteem issues.

When it comes down to it, we are all responsible for ourselves. You are only a piece of meat if you conduct yourself like one. And you are only a notch on someone's belt if you allow yourself to become one.

Have a little self-respect and use a little common sense, and you won't be a victim of anybody's "game".

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 07, 2019, 04:22:34 AM
I suppose it is. I reckon i've seen the absolute worst both of those camps have to offer and can discuss such matters without getting heated, but maybe that's just me.

In this case I don't think there's much to discuss. Seems there's part of the pick-up artist movement that's also involved with anti-women stuff and other bad things. It's not like I'm gonna deny that.

Quote from: SM on May 07, 2019, 04:31:20 AM
It's political if you're an anti-feminist.

The overwhelming majority of people are not.

Things is, there's two types of feminists. Those who want equal rights and those who want special rights.
Have you seen the Red Pill documentary?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed